Beta Vs 0.020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Beta 0.020 build is up.

It includes a new tilt meter, it's in the Extras options. This is to help test the tilt sensitivity.

Version 0.020
- Added Tilt Meter to extras menu
- Keyboard nudging has been increased to match iOS
- Updated High Score tables for Haunted House and Tee’d Off (may need to delete save file to see this change)

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for the update !

There is a lingering "bug" where the HUD/Scores on Gorgar and Black Knight are garbled, and Fire Power is kinda small, but legible.

Stu and Mike, I'm going through the very same "bug" for the Tilt on my VP Original Table, so I'm sending you guys extra "MOJO".

The Pinball gods are against us, stay strong and we will prevail !!!

Timelord ...

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for the update !

There is a lingering "bug" where the HUD/Scores on Gorgar and Black Knight are garbled, and Fire Power is kinda small, but legible.

Stu and Mike, I'm going through the very same "bug" for the Tilt on my VP Original Table, so I'm sending you guys extra "MOJO".

The Pinball gods are against us, stay strong and we will prevail !!!

Timelord ...

Which resolution are you using again? I have a feeling that has something to do with the huds being messed up.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Nice one fellas. Looking forward to testing with the tilt-o-meter :)

Any idea when you are likely to address the remaining artwork issues with post-processing?

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
No Confirmation from other testers, hmmmm...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for addressing my "bug report" directly, especially since no one else seems to be confirming it.

My resolution is 1680 x 1050 (DVI input) from a NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card (latest drivers) and DirectX 11. Since I am using DVI I am locked into native screen resolution. The OS is Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) with Intel Q9300 (2.5 Ghz) Processor (8 GB memory) hardware. The display is a Dell P2213. I have No Post Processing or AA enabled via the game configuration, but have AA, etc enabled though the NVidia control panel. Could this be the issue?

I am thinking perhaps since no one else is seeing this problem, perhaps my video card is just a bit too "long in the tooth" and represents the lowest end hardware that will work with most of the tables. If so, don't bother chasing this bug just for me, as I usually don't look at the HUD during play as it just a distraction. In fact my wife was the one who pointed this out to me (LOL).

Perhaps it is finally time for me to build a new "gaming" computer. I have 3 other computers, but they don't have "gaming" video cards installed. You guys are certainly not helping me with my hardware addiction, LOL.

Much MOJO to you and the rest of the team!

Timelord ...

PS, Could one of the mods correct the spelling error in the post title, just because I'm a bit O.C.?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know whether this is worthy of a new thread because it's such an obvious bug, but is anyone else getting this weird problem where by holding either just RB or both RB and LB on a 360 pad, the ball goes into some kind of ball control mode where you can move it with the right thumbstick? I deleted all the settings files bar the high score in the My Games\TPA directory, but it made no difference. And it does it on every table!

Edit: Never mind, it looks like a config file I may or may not have tinkered with at some stage in the past (which had no effect *then*) has come back to bite me. All resolved!

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Re: TILT...

Where do you access the Tilt-O-Meter?

I will say that TILT now works great, I have already TILTed on several tables, LOL.

Great job, Mike and Stu !!!

Timelord ...

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I can confirm timelords bug. Windows 7 64 bit amd A6 4400m 2.70 ghz ram 6 full screen 1600-900. It starts at 1280-720 and up

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks Mike, shame no T2 added since its now out on PS3 and Vita!?

Brother lettuce, are you logged into your Farsight account on TPA on the PC? T2 was available PRE-RELASE on all platforms. check it out, bro....

Timelord ...

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hi Mike,

Thanks for addressing my "bug report" directly, especially since no one else seems to be confirming it.

My resolution is 1680 x 1050 (DVI input) from a NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card (latest drivers) and DirectX 11. Since I am using DVI I am locked into native screen resolution. The OS is Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) with Intel Q9300 (2.5 Ghz) Processor (8 GB memory) hardware. The display is a Dell P2213. I have No Post Processing or AA enabled via the game configuration, but have AA, etc enabled though the NVidia control panel. Could this be the issue?

I am thinking perhaps since no one else is seeing this problem, perhaps my video card is just a bit too "long in the tooth" and represents the lowest end hardware that will work with most of the tables. If so, don't bother chasing this bug just for me, as I usually don't look at the HUD during play as it just a distraction. In fact my wife was the one who pointed this out to me (LOL).

Perhaps it is finally time for me to build a new "gaming" computer. I have 3 other computers, but they don't have "gaming" video cards installed. You guys are certainly not helping me with my hardware addiction, LOL.

Timelord ...

PS, Could one of the mods correct the spelling error in the post title, just because I'm a bit O.C.?

Thanks!

I just tried it and I see the issue. I'll look into it today.

Re: TILT...

Where do you access the Tilt-O-Meter?

I will say that TILT now works great, I have already TILTed on several tables, LOL.

Great job, Mike and Stu !!!

Timelord ...

Extras menu

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi Mike,

Timelord ...

Thanks!

There ya go, bud.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I don't know whether this is worthy of a new thread because it's such an obvious bug, but is anyone else getting this weird problem where by holding either just RB or both RB and LB on a 360 pad, the ball goes into some kind of ball control mode where you can move it with the right thumbstick? I deleted all the settings files bar the high score in the My Games\TPA directory, but it made no difference. And it does it on every table!

Edit: Never mind, it looks like a config file I may or may not have tinkered with at some stage in the past (which had no effect *then*) has come back to bite me. All resolved!

What exactly did you do? What config file are you referring to?
I have the same problem and I can't make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.