Google play app - device not compatible with this version

N

Nik Barbour

My device is filtered by the market so have been initially sneaking in via the back door, but that got shut when android market became the Google play app.
Found 1 market website where you can download apk files of free apps but they are so slow to update their file database.

So today tried modding my build.prop file to change my phones id.

Found an app that does it for you called 'device spoofer' costs 90p.

Fire up the app, pick a new device id, press a button and after a restart I'm rocking a sensation 4G instead of a desire s. Now I can see TPA no problem. If anyone else is having this same problem, 'device spoofer' is the answer - but you've got to be rooted.

+all that hard work and I may well go back to 1.0.5 via Titanium backup due to table performance issues in 1.0.6 - the grass always seems greener!

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Boy that is going the extra mile Nik! I almost wish my HTC EVO was filtered. It seems unplayable on single-core devices. I don't even care about the $15 I'm out... I just wish I could play it. After the update it was so choppy, the ball went from the top of the play field to the drain in like 4 frames.

N

Nik Barbour

Boy that is going the extra mile Nik! I almost wish my HTC EVO was filtered. It seems unplayable on single-core devices. I don't even care about the $15 I'm out... I just wish I could play it. After the update it was so choppy, the ball went from the top of the play field to the drain in like 4 frames.

I was good up until 1.0.6
Now I'm dead in the water too.
I think it's all HUD related some how but can't get a fix on it. EDIT:- wrong again - was due to thread prioritys being tweaked - so much for my fault finding skills.
Oh well bout 8 weeks off my b'day and a 360 so phone will be forgotten after that.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Tried loads of gingerbread custom roms in the past, and on every single one my device is filtered by Google play from seeing TPA. I have to mod the build.prop to get my TPA downloads.

But tried an ICS rom this weekend as it was supposed to have full functionality (camera and all). So installed Virtuous Quatro, and first thing I spotted is the Google play app dosn't filter TPA in ICS.

One slight problem though - had to go back to gingerbread as the camera was at best buggy - and you could barely web browse at all with wierd graphical glitches.

Members online

Members online