Worth bothering with Intel HD3000 ?

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
The only PC-like device I have that could conceivably run Windows only has Intel HD3000 integrated graphics. Would I get any benefit running TPA on this vs the PS3? Better lighting?

The rest of the machine should be fine - Core i7 3.5ghz, 8GB RAM. The main use for the machine is in a music production studio so silent graphics are more important than gaming performance.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I run TPA on a Sandy Bridge laptop with HD3000 graphics. I can't use PP and sometimes there's some noticeable slowdown, but I still find it playable. :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think MM and Scared Stiff may give you some problems. I play at work on an HD2000 series which i have to deduce is older (I know it doesn't always work that way).

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks guys. Sounds like it isn't worth the hassle. The PS3 is good enough for me, I was mostly interested in the better lighting.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
In the 'hassle' it took to load the forum, type your post and press submit, you could have downloaded the game.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
What hassle though? You get one table for free, so why not just try it?

In the 'hassle' it took to load the forum, type your post and press submit, you could have downloaded the game.

That's not quite true, as downloading and installing both Steam and The Pinball Arcade are quite lenghty things to do compared to asking a question on a forum.

Also, some people prefer not to randomly install and uninstall large amounts of programming on their systems when a simple question would suffice. Not all programs uninstall cleanly. That can be a serious hassle for some folks.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
That's not quite true, as downloading and installing both Steam and The Pinball Arcade are quite lenghty things to do compared to asking a question on a forum.

Also, some people prefer not to randomly install and uninstall large amounts of programming on their systems when a simple question would suffice. Not all programs uninstall cleanly. That can be a serious hassle for some folks.

But downloading and installing the software is really the only way to find out for sure. I'd chance it, it still looks and plays amazing.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I'm not running Windows currently. I'm on OS X. I'd have to install Windows first, then Steam, then TPA. That's quite a hassle, especially as I'd need to install yet another hard drive in the machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.