Midway Arcade app

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It is interesting. On one hand it reminds me of the phof collections with the interface. Thank goodness for the menu or it could get tedious. I noticed the defender And gauntlet pinballs but they appear unplayable. I wonder if gauntlet had been an unreleased idea as I am certain no such table exists. Would have made for a good theme. Only other impression is the lack of games. Between Atari, Williams and midway it barely scratches the surface. I am guessing this will expand too

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I read on Touch Arcade that the controls for a lot of the games are pretty poor. On the other hand, $0.99 to play Rampage would still be a good deal.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The interface looks cool to me.....but if the controls are poor then I'll just stick to MAME on PC.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's good to see that Warner is finally doing something with their Midway properties. Hopefully this is a sign they will make some new games from the legacy of those franchises and maybe even revitalize the imprint to an extent.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone know if it works with iCade? I don't have one, but it seems like it would be a perfect app for that.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I try to avoid games on my iphone that were originally made to use joysticks/pads. Huge fan of Rampage and Guantlet though...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm a big Joust fan, but I think it would be quite tricky on a touchscreen. It's hard enough as it is, heh.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I downloaded this plus both add-ons. The controls are pretty difficult and definitely kill some of the enjoyment.
Some games worse than others. I haven't spent much time with it though. Defender was impossible, rampage was ok.
What saves it imo is that you can keep "adding coins" to continue. Otherwise I'd never make it past the first or second levels because of the controls. A bit frustrating but worth $3 US just for the nostalgia and to try out these games again after so many years.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone know if it works with iCade? I don't have one, but it seems like it would be a perfect app for that.

I think I read in a review somewhere that it didn't... which doesn't make much sense. If it doesn't yet, I'm sure it will at some point.

I was tempted to buy this, but touch controls for joysticks are generally pretty terrible... that, and I'm pretty much glued to Pinball Arcade :cool:

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
The app reminds me of 3D arcade frontend for the PC. Oh how I would love something like that for a mame frontend on Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.