PS4: Season 3 Tables Coming Before Season 2

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From FB:

Q: "when will the second season of ps4?"

A: "Not for a while, we're reworking the tables now, you'll see season 3 tables first."

Sorry if this is old news, but I hadn't seen this posted anywhere here, so it's got to be news to some folks.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah they've been saying that for a while, and the time frames have been given (as duly noted by PW in the NEWS & INFO thread) as early and mid-March for Fish Tales and Black Rose, and Q2 for Season 2 (although initially I think they were giving dates even as early as late January, but that didn't last long ; ).

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I think I saw somewhere season 2 on ps4 2nd qu. of the year, I might be wrong but then again i might be right, I hope I`m right !!! :confused:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I'm happy with that approach. Mainly cause I want Fish Tales but didn't want to buy it for the iPhone cause I have enough tables on that device to keep me occupied.

More interested in when the update for sound is coming out, cause that stops me having even longer sessions that I do already.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Well, on one hand bad news for me to wait so long.
But on the other hand - and even more important - this means good news, ´cause Farsight-Studios are doing really a great job. Accurate work on the "new" tables, approx. 99% bugfree development from the studio expected (I´m just waiting for soundfix, "music-off-option", "customised-controll-options and the tournament-modus)
These are my optimistic expectations, reflecting my experiences with TPA so far.

Compared to a "giant" like DICE/EA, releasing Battlefield 4, due to greedy motivations, far too early, with a whole lot of bugs (mention them would take me hours), an unacceptable Netcode, unpotential Servers....?
It´s better to wait a little bit longer, than to get an unsatisfying "beta-product".

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope the reworking of tables bring some much needed improvements to Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub and a couple others. They just don't play like their real world counterparts and Cactus Canyon doesn't look as good as it probably could. Hopefully it will trickle into other platforms as well.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I just hope that when they're all caught up with the PS4, they could start crossbuy for PS4/Vita. I want PS4 tables as a priority now, of course... but I'm not going to buy them twice.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Same here, I bought season 3 on PC because the lack of confirmation of cross buy means it makes more sense there. To be honest though, I am enjoying playing them on an x86 tablet far more than PS Vita anyway.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Same here, I bought season 3 on PC because the lack of confirmation of cross buy means it makes more sense there. To be honest though, I am enjoying playing them on an x86 tablet far more than PS Vita anyway.

Yeah... I played heavily on the Vita because despite the fact it gets panned for its flaws (mainly the graphics) it was very responsive and playable (except for DD) without the lag of the PS3 version. Plus, touch screen plunging is an advantage for skill shots.

But the PS4 version is just awesome... no lag with TV in game mode, and more fixes (AFM right orbit SDTM glitch finally gone!)
Yeah it still retains some of the other issues (still no proper strobe multiball on AFM and hey, I thought this whiz-bang new lighting system could handle it?)

I just couldn't get happy with touch screen flipper buttons... I can't see it.
I also have one of those nyko charger/grip things for the vita so it feels more like a controller. Makes it real comfortable to hold and just tap the triggers. Got most of my top scores on that damn thing.

Sixteenvolt420

Aug 4, 2014
Yeah, i bought the first few tables of season 4 on my PS4, but i'll be waiting until the whole season is through for a group purchase for the rest. $5/table is too much for most tables.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts