Are the slings too strong on some of the PS4 tables?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I only asked because I was playing CFTBL and 4 times the ball hit the left sling then right and finally hit the left and drained down the left outlane 4 times. I have reproduced it more than once. Now that's not random at all. I was out of nudges and on other tables it seems like the left outlane is where it wants to go after hitting the left sling towards the top of the sling. I don't know maybe it's me and my shoddy skills.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
It definitely feels to me like the slings have been juiced on a few of the PS4 tables. Specifically I'm thinking of Monster Bash. The ball on that table feels a LOT more lively than before - a little too lively - and the slings feel particularly amped up.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
It definitely feels to me like the slings have been juiced on a few of the PS4 tables. Specifically I'm thinking of Monster Bash. The ball on that table feels a LOT more lively than before - a little too lively - and the slings feel particularly amped up.
If you are going for the wizard table goals I believe the speed and physics have changed making the tables much more lively, my observation only.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not trying for wizard goals. Some of them are far out of my reach so I don't bother.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Explain why not then?

It would be a weird way to add difficulty to TPA tables, without notification.

You play, you complete the standard goals, and bam, game becomes harder (new ball paths, more speed)? FS makes weird tweaks sometimes, but this one is unlikely! :p

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
It would be a weird way to add difficulty to TPA tables, without notification.

You play, you complete the standard goals, and bam, game becomes harder (new ball paths, more speed)? FS makes weird tweaks sometimes, but this one is unlikely! :p
I will give you food for thought, POWERBALL in TZ is markedly faster and reacts different than the other standard balls, it is in the program. Thus it is not that unlikely, you must remember I have played 2 PS4's one standard goals and other on wizard goals virtually side by side.
Believe it or not I feel a BIG difference. I am old and crusty but not that old
My opinion, that is all

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I will give you food for thought, POWERBALL in TZ is markedly faster and reacts different than the other standard balls, it is in the program. Thus it is not that unlikely, you must remember I have played 2 PS4's one standard goals and other on wizard goals virtually side by side.
My opinion, that is all

I only say that this way to add difficulty to TPA would be... kind of weird.

As I don't own a PS4 (nor two ;)), I can't say.

Maybe some others players will think the same thing than you. Let's wait.:)

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013
My opinion, that is all

It does not make sense why they would implement such a thing in a pinball simulation, the ps4 version feels different than the ps3 and pc version, but between going for standard goals or wizards goals on the ps4 i havent noticed any difference at all.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
I agree with you KRAKEHZ , why? I can only express my thoughts and experience.
Would really like some clarification from Farsight if they actually do read this forum? That would be cool.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Let me just add that farsight put in much effort to make the ball physics, slingshots, ramp shots, bumpers, and so on, as realistic as possible on each table, and then realease a beta for users to try out and give feedback and then farsight listen and try to tweak the physics if possible, but they have repeatedly said that overall it's very sensitive to small changes and hard to get
a good balance. They are getting better, as you will notice if you compare early releases with the newest.
Now if they had a secret alternate physics setting, it would make no sense having beta testing. They are very happy if they can eliminate as many bugs as possible. They certainly wouldn't add something that would complicate things for no reason at all. It wouldn't make sense to have employees put in time in doing multiple physics settings when they have much more prioritized and important stuff to program. It would cost them money. For what purpose? On some tables the standard goals are completed first game. And also weaker slingshots don't mean easier slingshots.
Farsight won't comment this nonsense, they just laugh at these illogical ideas people have.

Last edited:

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Farsight won't comment this nonsense, they just laugh at these illogical ideas people have.[/QUOTE]

Illogical nonsense hey?
I guess you believe everything you read online too!
Again, where is Farsight's comment since this is a forum about their title? do you work for Farsight? No is the answer.
I did state this is what it feels like to me Dude. It is an opinion not a fact.
Oh hang on, you use a mobile device and PS3, why comment in this PS4 thread?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Farsight won't comment this nonsense, they just laugh at these illogical ideas people have.

Illogical nonsense hey?
Again, where is Farsight's comment since this is a forum about their title? do you work for Farsight? No is the answer.
Oh hang on, you use a mobile device and PS3, why comment in this PS4 thread?[/QUOTE]
---------'--------------''

Chill out dude, I'm just stating the obvious. I'm not arguing with how it feels for you, people have all kinds of irrational paranoias. The threat is an imagination but the feeling is real.
But logic isn't device specific, is it? I could go on about why it's illogical nonsense: By not completing standard goals you could get an advantage in tournaments. If this "secret" was revealed, farsight would get more bad rep.

If you read the thread I linked, you'll see that farsight were approached with a very similar question and they did indeed laugh at it.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
There's been no sign that FarSight read the PS4 board regularly, OldSkool. You'd have to go ask them on their Facebook page, or email them.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
Illogical nonsense hey?
Oh hang on, you use a mobile device and PS3, why comment in this PS4 thread?
---------'--------------''

Chill out dude, I'm just stating the obvious. I'm not arguing with how it feels for you, people have all kinds of irrational paranoias. The threat is an imagination but the feeling is real.
But logic isn't device specific, is it? I could go on about why it's illogical nonsense: By not completing standard goals you could get an advantage in tournaments. If this "secret" was revealed, farsight would get more bad rep.

If you read the thread I linked, you'll see that farsight were approached with a very similar question and they did indeed laugh at it.[/QUOTE]

You are right. It is on this forum therefore it must be true. No threat taken and I laugh along with you.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
Of course Powerball reacts differently. It's made of different material, just like in the real world (where it is ceramic and, as such, a fair bit lighter than the steel balls). It has different physics in TPA because it has different physics in the real world.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.