Evident differences between Kindl Fire HD and HDX

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Beside the PS4, I also have the Kindl fire HD and the HDX.

Well, i have to say, that the graphic differences between the two kindls are evident. The HDX-graphics are much better, compared to the kindl-Hd. There is also a "high-res"-option (HDX), which doesn´t exist on the HD-version. Even the I-Phone (I also own a I-Phone 4) graphics are better than on the Kindl-HD-Version.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
would be interested in seeing screen shots to see the difference =). The art assets are actually the same between the two devices (Android wise) and the gpu will pick the "best" texture due to screen pixel size and what not. Have you tried turning mipmapping off in the main menu?

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
The HDX 7" also has the same resolution as the HD 8.9" plus a beefier GPU/CPU integration.

I have both and there is a clear difference, but also in many other graphics intense games. The difference is the HDX itself and not something TPA does differently on the 2 platforms....and like Ryan said, play with Mipmapping, on the HD it seemed to make everything on the playfield sharper at the expense of more "pixelated" ramps and wires, on the HDX, the difference seems less noticeable, but even with MM on, the sharpness of many things seems slightly improved.

I use the T2 skill shot lights and playfield labels, the ST:TNG playfield, and AFM objective light labels as a reference when comparing. These seem to respond the most consistently to "tweaks" when testing but let your eyes be your guide, use whichever setting pleases you more.

I maybe able to try monkeying with SS's later, but the main difference is 1280x800 216 ppi vs. 1920x1200 323 ppi on the 2 displays.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The HDX 7" also has the same resolution as the HD 8.9" plus a beefier GPU/CPU integration.

I have both and there is a clear difference, but also in many other graphics intense games. The difference is the HDX itself and not something TPA does differently on the 2 platforms....and like Ryan said, play with Mipmapping, on the HD it seemed to make everything on the playfield sharper at the expense of more "pixelated" ramps and wires, on the HDX, the difference seems less noticeable, but even with MM on, the sharpness of many things seems slightly improved.

I use the T2 skill shot lights and playfield labels, the ST:TNG playfield, and AFM objective light labels as a reference when comparing. These seem to respond the most consistently to "tweaks" when testing but let your eyes be your guide, use whichever setting pleases you more.

I maybe able to try monkeying with SS's later, but the main difference is 1280x800 216 ppi vs. 1920x1200 323 ppi on the 2 displays.

From my experience Class of 1812 is another good comparison as mip - mapping seems to rape the playfield textures severely on my note 2 and my nexus 7 which is usually crystal clear

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.