Version 1.01 changes and bug fixes

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Hi, my PS4 version just updated to 1.01. Anyone have any info, what the changes are?

Update: so far i dont see or hear any major changes. Sound seems the same, there is no option to switch R1,L1 with R2,L2. No vibrations eighter. I didnt plaayed all tables yet, so i cant tell what about bug fixes. So far this patch seems just adding an option for second season tables only. Hopely im wrong...

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Only thing I noticed was the nudge was working now on BK, BH, Genie and Gorgar. It wasn't working before, right?

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
So this is the patch Farsight submitted back in December, pre launch? At the time they said patch #1 was already in Sony's hands and it was too late to fix rumble and audio issues.

So what caused the 4 month delay?

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
That's what I would like to know too. 4 month delay? Yet games like Battlefield, are getting patch after patch. If there is a huge cost for developers to submit patches, perhaps it's time they give smaller developers a discount, so we can get more frequent patches.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I didnt noticed any table on ps4, without working nudge before.

With those four tables, the nudge did not work for me after one game when I downloaded the game in December. Although, I stopped playing them till today as well soooo...I don't know.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The nudge not working on the emulated tables only happened once in a while.

Sounds like this is just the usual PS3-style update to ready the game for upcoming DLC, as Daniel said.

Those usually came out the day before the DLC. I wonder if this means we're getting one or both of the upcoming Season 3 tables a week earlier than the newsletter said we would.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Okay, on their FB page, FS said "It was added in the patch containing fish tales and black rose, in the pause menu" when someone asked if this update added the option to use the lower triggers. I do not see a new option in there, I think their FB guy may be confused--or the engineer who told him that, anyway.

Last edited:

legendaryaxe

Apr 13, 2014
When do we get some real updates?

Wait so you mean to tell me, no sound fix, no obvious bug fix (like the creature bug or the non ceramic powerball?). You've got to be kidding me.

Totally agree! We really need a patch to address the sound issue and other recognized tech issues. Also, it's a bit off-topic, but since we're talking about patches, I assume everyone's heard of the planned 3d patch. Why?!? Few people have 3d TV's as that market has pretty well flopped, so why not give us a high quality texture pack instead? 3d requires 120 fps to produce a 60 fps 3d experience, so obviously the PS4 is capable of producing better graphics than those already found in TPA. Higher quality textures (and any other bells and whistles such as improved anti-aliasing) would benefit EVERYONE whilst 3d capability will only benefit a (very) FEW.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
With those four tables, the nudge did not work for me after one game when I downloaded the game in December. Although, I stopped playing them till today as well soooo...I don't know.

Nudging not working on the scripted tables always happens to me after high score initials entry on an emulated table. If you restart TPA it will work fine again. I think they disabled nudging during the initials entry screen and didn't have code in place to restart it in every possible scenario.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Nudging not working on the scripted tables always happens to me after high score initials entry on an emulated table. If you restart TPA it will work fine again. I think they disabled nudging during the initials entry screen and didn't have code in place to restart it in every possible scenario.

If someone can reproduce the bug following those steps, we should report it to FS--I don't think they have any idea of how to find the bug.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Okay, on their FB page, FS said "It was added in the patch containing fish tales and black rose, in the pause menu" when someone asked if this update added the option to use the lower triggers. I do not see a new option in there, I think their FB guy may be confused--or the engineer who told him that, anyway.

I asked for clarification in that same FB thread, and FS's guy replied: "If it's the patch with fish tales and black rose, our lead sony guy is out right now, I'll have to ask him for you tomorrow, sorry for the mix-up."

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I asked for clarification in that same FB thread, and FS's guy replied: "If it's the patch with fish tales and black rose, our lead sony guy is out right now, I'll have to ask him for you tomorrow, sorry for the mix-up."

Yes I was going to say, no new trophies were addded so another patch will be inbound probably.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
My latest patch update is AWESOME. it really makes RBION look and play like the real thing. WOW.

oh sorry, I just went and played my REAL game ha ha ha.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Totally agree! We really need a patch to address the sound issue and other recognized tech issues. Also, it's a bit off-topic, but since we're talking about patches, I assume everyone's heard of the planned 3d patch. Why?!? Few people have 3d TV's as that market has pretty well flopped, so why not give us a high quality texture pack instead? 3d requires 120 fps to produce a 60 fps 3d experience, so obviously the PS4 is capable of producing better graphics than those already found in TPA. Higher quality textures (and any other bells and whistles such as improved anti-aliasing) would benefit EVERYONE whilst 3d capability will only benefit a (very) FEW.

It always gets me when people want all of these extra features, when there are so many existing features that need to be fixed. And what good is 3D if the sound quality blows-which it has for four months and counting!

Members online

Members online