Totally UNofficial "Top 10 of What's Left" - *LICENSED - WILLIAMS*

What are your top 10 most wanted licensed Williams Tables of what's left?

• Bram Stoker's Dracula (1993)

Votes: 58 72.5%
  • Congo (1995)

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Defender (1982)

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Demolition Man (1994)

Votes: 50 62.5%
  • Dirty Harry (1995)

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • F-14 Tomcat (1987)

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • Flintstones, The (1994)

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (1993)

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Johnny Mnemonic (1995)

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • Joust (1983)

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • No Fear: Dangerous Sports (1995)

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • Rollergames (1990)

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • World Cup (1978)

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
NOT officially sanctioned by FarSight... just for fun/curiosity... what are your TOP 10 licensed WILLIAMS tables of what's left, that you would like to see on The Pinball Arcade?

Info about each of the choices can be found at the links below, thanks to the IPDB...

Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1993)
Congo (1995)
Defender (1982)
Demolition Man (1994)
Dirty Harry (1995)
F-14 Tomcat (1987)
Flintstones, The (1994)
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (1993)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
Joust (1983)
No Fear : Dangerous Sports (1995)
Rollergames (1990)
World Cup (1978)

Interested to see what the results will be. Just thought this would be fun as Season Three winds down and Season Four approaches. :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Does picking 10 out of 13 really produce much of any meaningful signal? :) I picked just my top 5 to help them stand out.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah, I picked 5 also. Almost all great pins. Just picked the 5 I wanted most. Also left off Indy because of the Disney roadblock.

BS Drac
Congo
Rollergames
Flintstones
Dirty Harry

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I did pick 10. The tables on this poll are better than 97.2% of all other available tables out there. Not sure how they would even do Joust but I think it would be pretty cool. Defender is the only really lame table on here which isn't to say it is bad, but pretty average in general, especially compared to some of these titans.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I did pick 10. The tables on this poll are better than 97.2% of all other available tables out there. Not sure how they would even do Joust but I think it would be pretty cool. Defender is the only really lame table on here which isn't to say it is bad, but pretty average in general, especially compared to some of these titans.

I voted for Defender. It would be worthwile for the sound effects alone.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
How is Dirty Harry scoring so low? Major shocker there. :eek:

Really expected it to be one of the top 3 or 4.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Does picking 10 out of 13 really produce much of any meaningful signal? :) I picked just my top 5 to help them stand out.

+1

Dracula
Demo Man
Dirty Harry
F-14
Indy--It'll never happen, I know, but we can't be sure if any of these will.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well...I didn't vote for The Flintstones,No Fear,& World Cup.

Again though...top 5 are pretty easy:

Indy
BSD
F-14
Johnny M
Defender

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Defender is the only really lame table on here which isn't to say it is bad, but pretty average in general, especially compared to some of these titans.

The VP version is quite a bit of fun. Decent layout, fast moving, challenging, and love the in-table pop-up targets. Of course it also has the classic sounds from the arcade game which offers pure nostalgia. And its a super rare table most wouldn't be able to get their hands on in real life.

Apr 8, 2012
The VP version is quite a bit of fun. Decent layout, fast moving, challenging, and love the in-table pop-up targets. Of course it also has the classic sounds from the arcade game which offers pure nostalgia. And its a super rare table most wouldn't be able to get their hands on in real life.

Defender is a fantastic game. It's the only game I can think of with a manual kickback that's triggered by a second button. And there's a second button on the other side that triggers smart bomb. It definitely needs more votes.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
My Choices:

- Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Congo
- Defender
- Demolition Man
- Dirty Harry
- F-14 Tomcat
- The Flintstones
- Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
- Johnny Mnemonic
- Rollergames

I was a little disappointed, there weren't that many choices like all the rest of the polls.

Last edited:

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
My Votes:

Dracula
Congo
Demolition Man
Dirty Harry
F-14 Tomcat
The Flintstones (“That’s a rip off!”)
Indiana Jones
Johnny Mnemonic
No Fear
Rollergames

N

netizen

BSD
Congo
Demolition Man
F-14
The Flintstones
Indiana Jones (I know it's likely impossible)
Johnny Mnenomic
No Fear
Roller Games
World Cup

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Defender is a fantastic game. It's the only game I can think of with a manual kickback that's triggered by a second button. And there's a second button on the other side that triggers smart bomb. It definitely needs more votes.

I mailed in that suggestion years ago and got the nice, but non-committal "thanks for the suggestion." A lot of the sound effects for the arcade game seem to be stock sound effects Williams used in their pinball games. Probably one of the reasons I like Firepower so much!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
how are defender and joust licensed tables? those are Williams video games, so the WIlliams TPA license gives you them for free. :)

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
how are defender and joust licensed tables? those are Williams video games, so the WIlliams TPA license gives you them for free. :)

It would seem it would be that easy, but it isn't. Scientific Games Corporation owns Williams pinball (which probably means they own Bally/Midway pinball to since Williams and Bally joined together sometime in the 80's or 90's) and Warner Brothers Interactive/Games owns all Midway arcade/video games, which means Defender and Joust would need a license.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah and for all that Time Warner Interactive owns them they don't seem to give a crap about them outside of Mortal Kombat and that appalling arcade app on iOS (and presumably Android). So sad that I need to use MAME to play those classics.

Off-topic, but I'd love to see Farsight try their hand at tracking down some old arcade licenses and doing some quality arcade emulation like the guys at Code Mystics did for Atari and Activision. I think a comprehensive Williams/Bally/Exidy/Cinematronics arcade compilation would be aces!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.