monster bash phantom flip (maybe a farsite employee could answer)

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
im just curious if you guys got the phantom flip to work in monster bash.

the only reason i ask is i made this table for vp and could not have the right flipper physics and still have the phantom flip feature still work

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The real MB local to me is not particularly good at making its Phantom Flip shots...maybe 40% of the time it gets it right. Seems to do better when it's aiming for a ramp.

Not sure if Lyman programmed it that way or if the local machine is just out of calibration.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
if the machine is set up right and the solenoids arent weak, i believe it should do alternating ramp shots with the phantom flip. it should be about 80-90% accurate.

i was just curious cause in vp it was damn near impossible to get it right.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Unclewilly, I'm panootz from vpforums.org. anyway i was also thinking about Addams Family, if this has problems how is Thing going to remember to make that shot into the swamp area. Would that be a problem if the Farsight guys get the liscense, also i have lyman sheets on my facebook page i'll ask him that question and see what he says. On Addams family i'll miss Raul julia saying "good going thing, your really on the ball" Well talk to you later. Lyman isn't on facbook all the time but as soon as i see him or i'll post on his wall, i will ask him about the Monster Bash question see ya here or maybe in the vp chat room.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
It has been a very long time since I looked at vp code, but didn't vp completely bypass any emulated CPU control of the flippers? If so, that would explain why phantom flip was difficult to achieve on those vp tables. TPA may be doing it completely differently - emulating CPU control of the fliptronics board on those games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts