kb6gkx.jpg

Wolverine LE,
2a20qd.jpg

Magneto LE,
14wekq9.jpg

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
A large Magneto in the middle for a center shot, eh? I wonder which Zen table this reminds me of. ;)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Looks nice, though I can't see any difference in the playfields for the Pro and LE editions.

The right ramp is different. Telling from the pics, the LE has a pop up target in front of the right ramp. The bottom part of the right ramp looks like an Iceman bridge on the LE.

Edit: Looked at the playfield again and there's a pop up target in front of the left ramp on the LE too.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Who is the designer? The side-by-side ramp heavy layout reminds me of Bryan Eddy, but I don't think he's working for Stern. The table it resembles the most is Austin Powers, though I think Lonnie Ropp has been exiled to software programmer since that table was apparently a flop. The layout is also very similar to Monster Bash so it could be a Gomez, especially since it has been a few years since he's made a new machine.

Also, what hardware is running this thing? Is this another S.A.M. or does this use S.A.M.'s rumored successor?

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
A large Magneto in the middle for a center shot, eh? I wonder which Zen table this reminds me of. ;)

Indeed - it does look a lot like a Zen table. Better designed, though there are some pretty tough looking shots, particularly the far left shot under Wolverine's arm (the Beast shot). There's also a Lawlor-style vertical flipper with a shot that can only consistently be made from that position. I'm betting that's where the big jackpots are.

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Ok, 2 new tables, WOZ and this one.

I like the look of the WOZ more, but i think the gameplay of this X men will be more fun.

Cant wait for real gameplay videos of both. But if i would have the money right now, i would still buy acdc premium, for me its the #1 most wanted right now.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
The LE's got the moving ramp and Nightcrawler targets that pop up out of the table like the Trolls in Medieval Madness. The middle where the magnet is also spins to the normal "Pro" doesn't. I see where a lot of people are saying where it looks like Stargate, even though it's been a while since I've played a good one. The Magneto and Wolvie toys look cheap to me, kinda goofy looking like Mary Shelly's. Five bucks they don't move. It'd be cool if Magneto could lift up the ball with his hand like the VR Glove in Johnny Mnemonic but I think that'd be a bit much for Stern.

Their going to have to step up, because after looking at what Jersey Jack is going to do with Wizard of Oz, Stern's going to have play to play catch up. Not just in terms of features, but making the machines more built to last. That's the one thing I love about what Jack is doing. He's making the parts like Williams so their more sturdy. It's sad when I go to an arcade that will have Stern's and Williams/Bally machines and the newer games will be down more often then games that have been in service twice as long.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.