Flippers too far apart?

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Is it just me, or is the distance between the flippers slightly bigger than normal? It does not affect gameplay though, it seems rather forgiving. Same thing with CV, btw.

Apart from that, I really love it. Playfield seems simple, but lots of hidden things, and a lot of loops.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
this table has lightning flippers. They are shorter than standard ones by 1/8 of an inch I think. And they sucks. Its not so much because of the wider gap but because much worse ball control on the flipper itself.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
greedy european operators........ like it wasn't enough that we were already paying 3x more per game.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Yeah, it's a huge gaping hole, I wonder if they had to pay Winona Rider for this likeness. ...sorry, was that bad? Just sayin' I've heard some things about Winona, is all.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I like them. And IMHO fish tales and dracula are the two top realistic feeling pins farsight have released. Both have ligtning flippers. Coincidence?

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
They're not only lightning flippers, they're SADISTIC lightning flippers. I find the center drain on this table WAY more dangerous than the one on Fish Tales.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
I play on a real nice RL BSD in our pinball league. The gap seems about right compared to the RL table. It's a brutal gap. I'd say the simulation is close to right on.

dwarvenpanzer9

Feb 20, 2014
The way the flippers are set up, you almost have to crank the table like a madman to keep the ball in play if it doesn't go all the way up the loop ramp. If it comes back down at all, it's pretty much making a beeline for a center drain, which is annoying a.f.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
this table has lightning flippers. They are shorter than standard ones by 1/8 of an inch I think. And they sucks. Its not so much because of the wider gap but because much worse ball control on the flipper itself.
Ahh this explains a lot. The ball control has been bugging me. Fish Tales is the only table like that I ever got good at IRL. By that I mean a "flow" table. Of course Now that pinball is back (thank you farsight and other farsighted people) I played Fish Tales again after a long time of not seeing it and wow did it kill me!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Imagine how much better this already great table would be without the lightning flippers...

Mind blown. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.