Join Our Live Interview with Bobby King on Monday 9/22 (Allgames.com)

Derrick Hopkins

Jun 24, 2014
Hi,
On Monday 9/22, Bobby King from Farsight Studios will join Ms. H on Mom’s Minute at 4pm PST/7pm EST for an indepth talk about Pinball Arcade and the new Kickstarter. You can get your questions answered, too. You can interact with the live show by hopping into the chat room during the interview at http://allgames.com/live and submitting your question. If you can’t be there live on Monday 9/22 at 4pm PST/7pm EST, then you can still ask your questions for Bobby King right here by using the comment section at http://goo.gl/jd8IEx

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Derrick, can I use my iPad 3 to watch the live video, I already set up an account at you place so I'm ready to go. I just can't use my Computer because it's to slow, thanks for any help.

Derrick Hopkins

Jun 24, 2014
The interview will be audio only. You can tune in by clicking the play button on the top corner (under where it says 'listen')

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bobby King Quotes (many paraphrased):

Phantom of the Opera confirmed to kick off Season 4
Last Action Hero confirmed for Season 5
Plans for Season 4, Season 5, and Season 6.

Banzai Run is not on a Season schedule yet. The backglass is the biggest challenge.

STERN modern tables are a challenge because the licenses were not included in original SAM contracts.
SAM emulation is being worked on, but Bobby commented that mobile is a problem (we kind of knew this already). Bobby is not aware whether STERN is pursuing digital table production on their own. "We are still working with STERN" was his response.

A question I asked about Safe Cracker was answered with "Safe Cracker is on a scheduled list". When prodded further about being at the end of Season 6, Bobby dropped "well, maybe not that late..". Some great news there!

Leaderboards will not be reset unless the tuning changes to make a table easier or harder. Hackers are pruned as they are identified.

Sega tables "Have the rights to, but no licenses".

Graphics Pass on older Season 1 and 2 tables, specifically Alpha Pane Bloom: Yep, it is on the list of the graphics team.

Tuning Tables Working on tuning on a newer table now. Constantly tuning tables.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Notes:

- Licensed bowling game coming out by the end of this year from FarSight
- Phantom of the Opera confirmed for next table
- 2 more seasons planned out
- Last Action Hero Season 5? ;)
- 2 other Sony tables
- Original Sony table will be marketed separately
- Pinball Construction Set "not in the works at the moment"
- Banzai Run "hasn't been placed in a season yet, back glass is the big challenge for recreation"
- EMs are slated for Seasons 4 and 5 - no Evel Knievel - sales aren't as high
- don't expect many SAM tables anytime soon; when they have it done there might be a "Stern marathon"
- Safecracker is definitely "on the list" and might be created soon
- still working on debugging scripted tables and releasing ROM emulations for them, sooner rather than later
- hinted at Sopranos perhaps being in Pinball After Dark
- Bobby agrees they need to ROM emulate Black Knight badly
- disappointed in physics emulations for Whitewater (esp. Insanity Falls ramp)
- Have the rights to SEGA tables; mentioned they wanted South Park and other licenses
- graphics redo for older Season 1 and early Season 2 tables coming
- Rescue 911 is "on the list of tables" because they haven't made many older Gottliebs
- Bobby King's favorite real table is Creature from the Black Lagoon; also played a lot of Junkyard
- Xbox One version going into certification at the end of this week

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Bobby King Quotes (many paraphrased):

Phantom of the Opera confirmed to kick off Season 4
Last Action Hero confirmed for Season 5
Plans for Season 4, Season 5, and Season 6.

Banzai Run is not on a Season schedule yet. The backglass is the biggest challenge.

STERN modern tables are a challenge because the licenses were not included in original SAM contracts.
SAM emulation is being worked on, but Bobby commented that mobile is a problem (we kind of knew this already). Bobby is not aware whether STERN is pursuing digital table production on their own. "We are still working with STERN" was his response.

A question I asked about Safe Cracker was answered with "Safe Cracker is on a scheduled list". When prodded further about being at the end of Season 6, Bobby dropped "well, maybe not that late..". Some great news there!

Leaderboards will not be reset unless the tuning changes to make a table easier or harder. Hackers are pruned as they are identified.

Sega tables "Have the rights to, but no licenses".

Graphics Pass on older Season 1 and 2 tables, specifically Alpha Pane Blume: Yep, it is on the list of the graphics team.

Tuning Tables Working on tuning on a newer table now. Constantly tuning tables.

Notes:

- Licensed bowling game coming out by the end of this year from FarSight
- Phantom of the Opera confirmed for next table
- 2 more seasons planned out
- Last Action Hero Season 5? ;)
- 2 other Sony tables
- Original Sony table will be marketed separately
- Pinball Construction Set "not in the works at the moment"
- Banzai Run "hasn't been placed in a season yet, back glass is the big challenge for recreation"
- EMs are slated for Seasons 4 and 5 - no Evel Knievel - sales aren't as high
- don't expect many SAM tables anytime soon; when they have it done there might be a "Stern marathon"
- Safecracker is definitely "on the list" and might be created soon
- still working on debugging scripted tables and releasing ROM emulations for them, sooner rather than later
- hinted at Sopranos perhaps being in Pinball After Dark
- Bobby agrees they need to ROM emulate Black Knight badly
- disappointed in physics emulations for Whitewater (esp. Insanity Falls ramp)
- Have the rights to SEGA tables; mentioned they wanted South Park and other licenses
- graphics redo for older Season 1 and early Season 2 tables coming
- Rescue 911 is "on the list of tables" because they haven't made many older Gottliebs
- Bobby King's favorite real table is Creature from the Black Lagoon; also played a lot of Junkyard
- Xbox One version going into certification at the end of this week

Thank you guys for the quick summaries!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
+ Xbox One version going into certification at the end of this week

- Xbox 360 version with all tables added exists at FS studios, but testing has shown up far more bugs than they expected. Working through fixing issues and close to submitting to MS. (this was in response to my question about 360 tables getting released before kickstarter.....................assume from response that this is not going to happen).

don't really understand how 360 and xbone versions can be that far out of sync with issues.

karl

May 10, 2012
Did I get this information right? Farsight has already finished an original table based on a Sony license and they are releasing it for Halloween on a separate app? If I heard it right, they must have really rushed this to get it finished.

A little worried that they did not give it the love it needs to be a success. Making a table from scratch and incorporating a good rule-set takes a lot of time.

Maybe this has been in the works for longer than we think?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.