Possibility of a head-to-head multiplayer workaround?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
With the share function of the PS4, do you think it is possible to set up a head-to-head competition?

If so, how many players are allowed to share?

As far as I know, the share function allows to share a game if it has local multiplayer support. (As it states in the description of the share function)

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
It might possibly work. I don't remember if the PS4 version supports multiple controllers or if it is pass and play. As long as multiple controllers work, the share play feature should work.

With that said, share play is essentially a different version of remote play that connects to a PS4 instead of a vita. I've tried TPA through remote play on my vita and IMO, it was barely playable. Remote play/share play/twitch streaming are hardware limited to 30 fps on PS4. A 60 fps game like TPA ends up playing significantly worse due to that. TPA was playable when the ball was moving slowly, but once it started picking up speed, the game was really unplayable.

To put it in perspective, when I was testing it out, my initial goal was to play normally. By the end of it, my goal was to hit the pinball with the flippers.

It is a really cool feature, but it just don't work (well) with TPA. No blame on Farsight for that one, just a limitation of the system.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I tried Share play with my brother the first day Sony added it. Unfortunately, with TPA it's way too laggy to be playable.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I tried Share play with my brother the first day Sony added it. Unfortunately, with TPA it's way too laggy to be playable.

Not surprised. It's even too laggy on PSTV over RP with gigabit connections. TPA is just that much more demanding. You notice the tiniest lag.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Ah... I see. A eureka moment has gone wrong on my part. I didn't think ahead.

I can see how being locked at the rate that a stream plays at would influence the game. That would suck for competitive play but, it might be cool for bangin' out some big shot or gorgar while chatting with a buddy.

Thanks for the info.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.