Hardest multiballs to maintain

Which of these has the hardest multiball to keep going? (Up to 5)

• Phantom of the opera

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Fish tales

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Black knight 2000

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Black knight

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dr dude

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Firepower

• Flight 2000

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Space shuttle

• Taxi

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Whirlwind

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Bram stoker's Dracula

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Class of 1812

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Creature from the black lagoon

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Champion pub

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just curious to see which of these tables wins. I'm guessing Co1812.

Honorable mentions, black hole, white water

Phantom of the opera,
Fish tales,
Black knight 2000,
Black knight,
Dr Dude,
Firepower,
Flight 2000,
Space shuttle,
Taxi,
Whirlwind,
Bram stoker's Dracula,
Class of 1812,
Diner,
Creature from the black lagoon,
Champion pub

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Space Shuttle because mean right outlane.

Fish Tales because hard shots, brutal misses, and shortened flippers.

Flight 2000 because balls are faster than light.

Diner because Diner brutality.

Not sure why I chose Phantom.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I concidered Goin nuts, but you can still keep it going for a long time. Now that I think about it, I really should've included white water though. Oh well, it's just for fun

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Class of 1812 - because of no ballsaver, FT has one

Mist MB is ultrashort but the ballsaver can save the situation. The other BSD MBs aren't candidates.
Tiger MB often finishes right after start when one ball goes stdm right from the orbit.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
The answer is always Black Hole. Doesn't even matter though since multiball is completely pointless on that table.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I say Dr. Dude. It's close between that and 1812, but Dude's stands out more since it's so necessary for scoring on that table. 1812 you don't need multiball, just keep shooting the ramps in single ball play for high scores.

The answer is always Black Hole. Doesn't even matter though since multiball is completely pointless on that table.

I don't get this? 1) once you nail down that re-entry shot back into the tunnel, I routinely keep multiball going long enough to max the 999k bonus. 2) multiball is totally worthwhile for the permanently open re-entry gate and just overall faster scoring.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I say Dr. Dude. It's close between that and 1812, but Dude's stands out more since it's so necessary for scoring on that table. 1812 you don't need multiball, just keep shooting the ramps in single ball play for high scores.

I don't get this? 1) once you nail down that re-entry shot back into the tunnel, I routinely keep multiball going long enough to max the 999k bonus. 2) multiball is totally worthwhile for the permanently open re-entry gate and just overall faster scoring.

Same here, I quickly got bored after that on Black Hole. Also White Water: the whirlpool MB can go on for a long time if you get to trap the ball on the left flipper. You can go a long time with only the right flipper in action. Whitewater MB is mostly a shorter affair. Space Shuttle MB is more difficult but with some trapping you can prolong it quite a bit, especially with the centre drain blocked. Just don't try to keep all 3 balls in play, I mostly let one drain. I'm still figuring out what the benefit is of locking balls (momentarily) while in MB, I'm so busy playing that I can't see how the score is affected.
Dr. Dude is just a disaster of a table, I can't stand it really. Can't keep balls alive in it, even on single play, don't start me on MB. Class of 1812 was a problem for a long time, but I got the hang of it, and then it became a favorite. MB is worth it, especially if you perfect the quick flip from left cradle to left ramp for unlimited millions. I had a few games in which I kept looping it while a trapped a ball on the right flipper.
Fishtales is definitely hard to keep the MB's going. Super Jackpots are especially drain-risky, while they give the best points in the game. Cruel! :) Dracula can also be a sudden drainfest but with Castle MB you get to put some of the balls away before shooting the jackpots. This feels more in control than Fishtales because locking balls while in MB is more easy on BSD.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For me it's between POTO and Diner. I have very little success with either multiball and their durations are super quick. POTO gets my vote by the slimmest of margins. I like both but this is the main reason I don't play either one as often as some others.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Dr. Dude by far. Than Black Rose. It's just amazing how balls can colide in a way that both go into outlanes at the same taime.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I vote Flight 2000, because it's kind of long and tedious to start a multiball (8 rollovers + 2 locks + 5 targets in order). Fortunately, the table is very good.

And once you finally start it, as the balls go faster than light, 2 outlanes and it's already done.:rolleyes:

Firepower comes very close after (same long process to initiate multiball, and once started, it lasts for 5 seconds, then outlanes.).

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I feel for a multiball to count as fast, you not only have to drain rapidly, but it must be hard to get anything going on.

as such, while phantom of the opera CAN drain fast, i also get the jackpot on it often. i get to three ball much more often than not, and at least 50% of the time i make three bal i get the jackpot.

fish tales, though... always seems to end fast and before i can get anything going.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Even though some of these tables have 'ball savers', 'middle post blockers', and different multiball modes, it's more of a judgement call. Depends on the person. Centaur is an example of an easy table to keep multiball going, but there'll always be that day where it seems impossible to keep going. So, the only reason I put up Champion's Pub is because it's been killin me lately. Yeah, the multiball even, even though there's the ball save and the blocker. It doesn't seem to matter, those balls will still find a way out. That's not near as bad as Co1812 tho. Yeah, I've kept it going for a long time before too, but the fact that 50% Only last for 1 second, that's kinda why I thought it'd be #1. Fish tales is really tough, but IMO, it drains a lot like BSD. They are very similar to me as far as multiball, ok I admit BSD is a bit easier, but still. Also you guys must be pretty good at Whirlwind. Maybe I just suck at that one, but those disks are pretty tough when MB is going on. Sorry I didn't include Black Rose, or High Speed. Black rose, I can keep 2 going for a long time, but something about how the 3 balls eject screws me up. High speed, I didn't even think about this MB being hard as you can cradle right after the eject.

Just wanna thank you guys for participating. If anything, this'll give people an idea of what tables they can or can't keep the multiball going on. :)

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Just wanna thank you guys for participating. If anything, this'll give people an idea of what tables they can or can't keep the multiball going on. :)
Make another poll about the long lasting multiballs.
First candidate(s): all the MBs from Monster Bash.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.