new brief interview with vegas PHOF's tim arnold!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Tim Arnold is a hoot. If you ever do get a chance to go to the PHOF, you simply must have a conversation with him. And don't worry about getting him ranting, he'll do that all on his own! On the same hand, do not even think of disrespecting him or the PHOF. This dude's blood, sweat, and tears are all over the building, and even the most innocent of slights is a dagger in his back.

First time I ever visited, I asked him if he had a certain table on location, and he quickly pointed it out. First though, he gave me a quick history lesson and walked me over to a different machine to try. As soon as I was finished with that game, he grabbed me and put me on another. He knew I'd played previously the one I was asking about, but wanted to make sure I experienced these others first, to further my appreciation for the one I actually wanted to play. There were only 3 other players in the building at that point, which explains the extra attention (and this was only 2 or 3 weeks into the place actually being open). When I visited a few years later, I heard him doing the same thing to another visitor.

They don't make 'em like Tim much anymore.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
tooooo cooooool syt... :) i imagine for every hard-core tpa fan who can afford to go to vegas/phof, there's gotta be a hundred more at least who can't! (like me... boohoo!) maybe someday there'll be a franchise of them regionally, like the disney parks heh... collecting up different stuff whereever they can. (heh - i know, far-fetched!) i'm not a gambler type, though i'd try a few hands at poker and the others if i could (and probably more time than i should at the strips ;0) - but think i could spend two whole solid days, open to close, at the phof. easy! (and that'd only be because my punchin' fings'd get too tired!)

hey any of you CES-able techies going this week, be sure to check this out... it might already be filled up, but maybe you can crash the door! ;0 send pics! :)

Five CES Mixers Not To Miss
vegasseven.com/2015/01/02/ces-network/

"Las Vegas’ annual International Consumer Electronics Show functions as a techie playground for those passionate about innovation. It’s also an opportunity to mingle and build your network. Here are five events happening during CES you should be privy to if you want know the guy who knows the guy..."

MakerBot CES Pinball Party

MakerBot transformed what 3D meant to consumers. The company pushed into new territory when it launched its 3D printer, and it’s been successful ever since. Don’t miss the opportunity to mingle with the developers over a cold brew and an arcade classic. Note: this event’s guaranteed to fill up fast. Attempts to contact the organizer after tickets sell out can be made here. Pinball Hall of Fame, 1610 E. Tropicana Ave., Jan. 7, 8pm-10pm, free with registration, www.eventbrite.com.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.