Season One 50% off sale on now, US PSN (as of Jan 6 2015)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/06/playstation-store-update-375/

Season One is currently half price in the US PSN store:

Platform Title Regular Sale Original Price
PS4 Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade $4.99 $9.99
PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle $14.99 $29.99
PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle $19.99 $39.99

(And if you buy 'em on Vita or PS3, those have both seasons 1 and 2 half price! (I guess 2 is too new to PS4.))

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Which is strange, because season 2 was available a few days before christmas in EU. After X-mas the tables of S2 seemed to vanished in a black hole. :confused:
It was confirmed by Farsight over on Facebook, that the season 2 tables were removed due to contract obligations with the Season 2 disc release. Season 2 will be available later this month on Blu-ray for Europe. Until the disc releases out, they can't sells the tables digitally.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
It was confirmed by Farsight over on Facebook, that the season 2 tables were removed due to contract obligations with the Season 2 disc release. Season 2 will be available later this month on Blu-ray for Europe. Until the disc releases out, they can't sells the tables digitally.

Thanks for this information.
So, I was lucky to get most of the tables from S2 before christmas. But cactus canyon is still on my wishlist.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015

But this is strange nonetheless.
I don't know a other developer who has this kind of problems all the time.
At first was Season Two a Xone exclusive then 17th dec2014 release for SCEE PSN Store not as Season Two. (only table packs available)
Now vanished from the store and contract obligations over a disc release.
Who owns the rights? The Developer for download content or a third party Publisher for the retail disc?
Really peculiar stuff is going on behind the Scenes, Farsight should stop making strange exclusive deals.
I don't will speak in detail about the xbox360 version of TPA.
Farsight must be one of the worst in marketing, don't get me wrong, I really like TPA and will continue to support them.
We as their customers need nerves made of steel.
I will have to wait a little longer for Season Two, it will possible drop "end jan. or early feb." if nothing else will interfere again ;)
Maybe it's better this way, so I can polish my skills with the tables I already own.
By the way what about some fixes or a big patch for the already released tables?

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Who owns the rights? The Developer for download content or a third party Publisher for the retail disc?
It's not about the rights. If you want something done in business, then you need to make deal. Farsight wanted a disc release for Season 2 in Europe and the only way they could get one made was to make an exclusive deal with the publisher.

It's the same with Microsoft on the Xbox One. Microsoft has a parity clause, which forces indie developers to release their games exclusively on the Xbox One or released them simultaneously on the Xbox One and PS4. If they release out the game on the PS4 first, then they can't release it out on the Xbox One without an exclusive deal. Hence why season 2 of TPA was released 30 days earlier on the Xbox One before it released out on the PS4.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Farsight should stop making strange exclusive deals.

Yep. I won't blame a company for trying to make a profit, but in the long run these types of moves will not really be a net benefit for them because they serve to alienate their most loyal customers.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
It's not about the rights. If you want something done in business, then you need to make deal. Farsight wanted a disc release for Season 2 in Europe and the only way they could get one made was to make an exclusive deal with the publisher.

It's the same with Microsoft on the Xbox One. Microsoft has a parity clause, which forces indie developers to release their games exclusively on the Xbox One or released them simultaneously on the Xbox One and PS4. If they release out the game on the PS4 first, then they can't release it out on the Xbox One without an exclusive deal. Hence why season 2 of TPA was released 30 days earlier on the Xbox One before it released out on the PS4.

At first thanks for your reply, I appreciate your opinion, but you're trying to hunt me down.
Everytime I post something negative about Farsight in this forum you're helping them out and telling me how it is. (not their fault stuff or hard business decisions)
It seems to me, that you're a biased fan, who is all the time ready to protect the holy grail till the end, even if the grail is horse manure.
Don't get me wrong I like TPA but Farsight is some kind of a lacking developer, no excuse.
Just look about the glitches/bugs "the no overhaul business" and the strange marketing/exclusive deals behaviour.
I will support them nonetheless, because I love Pinball, but criticism will be allowed or not?
By the way I don't want that they go out of business and I will buy the Season 2 retail disc!
I got a friend of mine into TPA too, that is my way of support.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
At first thanks for your reply, I appreciate your opinion, but you're trying to hunt me down.
Everytime I post something negative about Farsight in this forum you're helping them out and telling me how it is. (not their fault stuff or hard business decisions)
It seems to me, that you're a biased fan, who is all the time ready to protect the holy grail till the end, even if the grail is horse manure.
Don't get me wrong I like TPA but Farsight is some kind of a lacking developer, no excuse.
Just look about the glitches/bugs "the no overhaul business" and the strange marketing/exclusive deals behaviour.
I will support them nonetheless, because I love Pinball, but criticism will be allowed or not?
By the way I don't want that they go out of business and I will buy the Season 2 retail disc!

Paranoid much? :D

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

I've known Shogun on the forums for quite a few years now. He's not the "hunting" type. He's the guy that normally has the information to inform others with in their questions regarding things video game related, not just pinball. I wouldn't look too much into the whole hunting me down thing.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
But this is strange nonetheless.
I don't know a other developer who has this kind of problems all the time.
At first was Season Two a Xone exclusive then 17th dec2014 release for SCEE PSN Store not as Season Two. (only table packs available)
Now vanished from the store and contract obligations over a disc release.
Really peculiar stuff is going on behind the Scenes, Farsight should stop making strange exclusive deals.
I don't will speak in detail about the xbox360 version of TPA.
Farsight must be one of the worst in marketing, don't get me wrong, I really like TPA and will continue to support them.
We as their customers need nerves made of steel.
I will have to wait a little longer for Season Two, it will possible drop "end jan. or early feb." if nothing else will interfere again ;)
Maybe it's better this way, so I can polish my skills with the tables I already own.
By the way what about some fixes or a big patch for the already released tables?

Well said. Don't let the FarSight apologists shout you down (I will not name names but let them self-identify). You seem to have the right intention of supporting TPA, like myself and many others do. You are not being any less loyal to TPA or it's fans by calling FS out for their bungled handling of TPA releases, lack of bug-fixes, and promises they can't keep.

BTW, if FarSight truly had any interest in fixing bugs, they would have fixed Black Knight at least two years ago.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
Well said. Don't let the FarSight apologists shout you down (I will not name names but let them self-identify). You seem to have the right intention of supporting TPA, like myself and many others do. You are not being any less loyal to TPA or it's fans by calling FS out for their bungled handling of TPA releases, lack of bug-fixes, and promises they can't keep.

BTW, if FarSight truly had any interest in fixing bugs, they would have fixed Black Knight at least two years ago.

Thanks for the back up, I don't have nothing against shogun00, I appreciate his opinion.
Weird thing was, he replied me two times uncalled and really fast.
I'am just new to this forum, maybe this are the ways here.
Free speech and criticism are undesired?
Just tell me and I will quit this forum.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Ugh! That's a first! I don't pay attention to who I comment too. I don't have a problem with you being negative. I'm just speaking through a business perspective and through experience.

FWIW, I personally have a few nagging complaints with Farsight too, such as a non-working Pro Upgrade bundle on the PS4.

Members online

Members online