Bug Music Overlap on Tables

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This issue seems to be most prevalent on FH and CV.

Problem

When you start a game on either of these tables, sometimes the main theme music continues to play over the emulated table music (an overlapping music event).

Reproducable

Generally after you press start very quickly after the table first loads (say in under 2 seconds).

Steps to reproduce

1. Select CV or FH from the main table select menu.
  2. As soon as the table loads, immediately press start.
  3. Observe what happens.

Actual behavior

The music in attract mode restarts and plays over the "launch ball" music.

Expected behavior

The attract mode music ceases to play, and the ROM emulation takes over and plays the game music in the order it should.

Workaround

Quit the current game, and wait about 10 seconds before restarting a new game.

Thoughts

AFAICT, it is not natural for the ROM to be playing the game music in attract mode. To get around this issue, I would think the music has been ripped out of the ROM and is playing separately in a loop during the attract mode. I think starting the game too quickly causes a bug in the audio playback and causes the attract music running in a loop to restart when you enter emulation mode and play the table.

I'd be interested to hear from Farsight as to how this is implemented. Because I think the way the music is implemented is causing the music overlap issues.

I'll raise this formally in an email to support@ so it can be officially tracked. Any responses will be copied into this thread for tracking.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
This happens quite badly on Theater of Magic on the Vita.
I'm not sure what causes it to happen, but when it does the music will continue to overlap until you quit out to the first menu.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I've had the dueling pipe organs have their way on a few games. It's almost like being in two churches.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.