Table of the Week Club...week 9: WHITE WATER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hope you have your life jacket on, because Table of the Week number 9 is White Water.

This is the start of our next 4 table cycle. Regardless of whether FarSight releases Cyclone this week or not, we will press on. Otherwise it screws up our tournament schedule!

Speaking of, don't forget to sign up for the March TotM starting this Wednesday, the 25th. Sign ups will run through Friday night. As mentioned before, if you don't make the sign up, we will still take scores and use those as alternates should they be needed. Don't take that chance though, register!

Enjoy the rapids!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
One of my all-time favorites! Let's get paddlin' and ride the rapids all the way to Wet Willie's!

(And whine about that Extra Ball target.)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Welcome to Wet Willie's!, way to go. you found the secret passage.

I enjoy this table a lot, it's usually a weekly play for me.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
True, true. I've got 1B from a good one, I'm sure others have done better.

I once kept one going for 40 minutes and 8 billion total.

But that said, I later found that regular multiball jackpots score faster on the high end. I can complete the whirlpool awards once per ball on average to go infinite from the EBs (plus the occasional special/EB from a Vacation Jackpot), so once infinity is possible, pounding on the lite-lock targets and prioritizing regular multiball will score faster than spending eternity in Whirlpool Challenge.

5X Playfield isn't a significant part of that. The real points come from stringing together triple jackpots at 210M each when maxed. 20 in one multiball scores 4B, way faster than Whirlpool Challenge. This does take pinpoint accuracy on the multiball-start jackpot shots that establish the multiplier, and immense discipline on catching and controlled shooting; any flailing at all on this table will kill you right quick.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is one of those tables I've barely touched and really know nothing about. You might even say it's because of tables like this that I started this whole TotW to begin with, because it forces me to play what I normally ignore. Should be an interesting week.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This is one of those tables I've barely touched and really know nothing about. You might even say it's because of tables like this that I started this whole TotW to begin with, because it forces me to play what I normally ignore. Should be an interesting week.

I've played this a lot for real too. Mostly over 20 years ago but it was a regular haunt of mine. The same arcade also had Whirlwind. Lots of Ws.

All that is really needed is for the Lost Mine kickout to be unpredictable, and TPA's version will be near spot-on. You might get the friendly up-and-down the inlane roll 20% of the time; otherwise it'll shoot out the top and from there ymmv. Harder, maybe, in some respects because on a real table the 5-Way Combo is easier because the Insanity Falls->No Way Out shot is easier to pull off.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
This was one of my favourite tables back in the day, and I haven't played it much in TPA, so I look forward to giving it a spin during the week. I think my pb is in the 7-8B range, so I'll aim for whatever the 1k HOF limit is I guess - please don't say it's 100B or something ridiculous like that! :) I recall having a real hard time getting triple jackpots, so I'll work on that!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Even though I do enjoy this table while I'm playing it, I tend to not go back to it. I think I figured out why. Every, and I mean EVERY time the ball drains, it feels cheap.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Lighting locks after the 3rd or 4th multiball is ridiculous.

The way it works (and I have no idea why I didn't notice this before) is eventually to light a lock you need to have both lock lights solid, shoot one to make it flash, then shoot the other before the first one times out and GOES OUT.

Except the timeout gets progressively quicker. After a few multiballs, there's practically not enough time for the ball to drop back to the flipper, get control, and shoot the other target. Forget parking the ball somewhere, it will time out for sure before the ball gets returned. You almost have to figure out the angle to bank off both targets at once.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
It's a fun table, but I'm struggling with it. What's the best way to make the lit extra ball shot?

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
It's a fun table, but I'm struggling with it. What's the best way to make the lit extra ball shot?

I usually ignore it and hope to pick it up accidentally. I just assume it is Dennis Nordman trolling us ;)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
This is one that I don't usually play, but I get into it when I actually do.

I think my high score is 800 mil or so and I need all the Wizard goals. I've never really taken completely understand the rules, but this will give me a chance to check it out.

Also, earlier today I watched Bowen do a tutorial so I'm pretty sure I'm going to crush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.