Performance tuning

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I took the plunge and downloaded Zacc last night, and had time for a couple of quick goes on the Free version of Time Warp (because it's the first table in the list). At some point I'll go all-in and get the Gold Membership, but until then I'll stick with Free.

Anyway - it's pretty clear I'm going to have to tweak some of the performance settings, just from playing a couple of games. What are the best ones to start with? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 8" running Android 4.4.2. And possibly also on a LG G3 'phone, also on 4.4.2. Is there a guide out there?

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I've got a nexus 7 2nd generation tablet, it seems to run everything just fine but I ended up turning off the background and particles effect and glass. I just want to see the pinball table and I'm sure the less uneccessary processing the better.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've got a nexus 7 2nd generation tablet, it seems to run everything just fine but I ended up turning off the background and particles effect and glass. I just want to see the pinball table and I'm sure the less uneccessary processing the better.

I'm with you D.O. The table art and beautiful lighting are enough visual eye candy for me. I turn off the glass, particles, and table wear. I leave the room background on though (just habit). But you can kill the room background too if it helps the game run smoother.
If you mean physics settings, start with either arcade or simulation mode. Then decide what you would like to tweek and then create a custom setting.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm more after performance settings so things like Particles and Glass. I think those are all unlocked with Free so I can get them down before spending any money.

night

May 18, 2012
Time Machine is probably one of the weirdest Zaccaria tables, and I am not sure if this table represents what Zaccaria has to offer. It is not a tipical pinball table lay-out. (I do like it a lot, but just saying so). In case you want to buy a few tables before you go Gold, try Space Shuttle & Combat, these are great tables in Zaccaria. I do recommend Simulation mode to play in, because this has the wider (original) flipper gap, Arcade has a smaller gap. It is hard to notice at first. Gold gives you all the settings... and all the tables! :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
As everyone said the room background first, then glass, then particule. That gives me ultra smooth game play on a clapped out Nexus 1st gen 2012. I also kill other running apps.

Also getting rid of the a ad banner helped. Only took me 15 mins to decide to buy gold :).

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Time Machine is probably one of the weirdest Zaccaria tables, and I am not sure if this table represents what Zaccaria has to offer.

totally agree with this. This really should not be the first table in the list. It does not do the franchise justice.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
As everyone said the room background first, then glass, then particule. That gives me ultra smooth game play on a clapped out Nexus 1st gen 2012. I also kill other running apps.

Also getting rid of the a ad banner helped. Only took me 15 mins to decide to buy gold :).

Oh sure I already decided on that when I (1) saw how much it is - that's less than the price of a single season of TPA!! and (2) got the first full-screen ad. Just got to wait for the opportune moment in my budget cycle to pull the trigger :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Oh sure I already decided on that when I (1) saw how much it is - that's less than the price of a single season of TPA!! and (2) got the first full-screen ad. Just got to wait for the opportune moment in my budget cycle to pull the trigger :cool:

Something to look forward to - you will appreciate it more when you get it ;).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.