Do you suffer under the input lag on the PS3?

Do you suffer under input lag on the PS3?

• Yes, it takes away the fun

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Yes but it's bearable

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I have never suffered from lag but have always used an HD PC Display, or now, the Sony 3D Display connected with an HDMI cable.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Yes, and I refuse to believe it's my TV setup. Zen and PHOF don't have the issue on the same PS3/TV. The 360 versions of TPA and PHOF, as well as Pinball FX2, are also fine. Tried it on multiple TVs (and several players to test it) with the same result.

The lag isn't MASSIVE, and I can get used to it easily. It's just enough to throw off certain shots. Someone who mainly plays the PS3 version most likely won't have any problems. However, playing the PS3 version right after the 360 version will make it more obvious.

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
Many players may not even notice the lag for a variety of reasons, but I think it's always there on the PS3. I do not think I'd just the TV causing lag. I can play the game an enjoy it, but my precision suffers on the PS3 compared to the Vita and iOS versions of the game.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I can't even play it on my ps3. The thing is, all games have it a bit I think. With Williams collection it was barely perceptible but there. It didn't ruin the game and I could still accurately judge my shots. There's no reason the lag should be worse for TPA on the exact
same tv and game system.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Yes.
All TV processing turned off. Fat PS3.
Tried component cables.
Forced PS3 to run in 720p
Compared to TPA on the 360 and other pinball games on the PS3, and TPA is worse than all of them.

WarHawkEye

Jun 12, 2012
I have a real pinball machine with fresh, responsive flippers (due to brand new flipper solenoids), and when I go from playing that to playing TPA through my PS3, it is absolutely unplayable. Shots that I make on the real machine, whether playing on the fly, trapping, or after the ball comes down the inlane, are simply impossible on TPA because of the lag. When I (attempt to) play on the PS3, and then come back to the real machine, all of my shots are way early for a while because of how early I have to press the flipper buttons to get a decent result on TPA.

My setup:
120GB PS3 slim (about 1 1/2 years old)
Vizio 65" 3D LED
HDMI 1.4 (to TV)
Fiber Optic Audio Cord (to stereo)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I use the same monitor I use for my PC stuff, with a HDMI cable, and I haven't noticed any lag. I guess I got lucky. Then again it's also possible I just don't notice it, but if that's the case it is a nonissue anyway.

cmotors

May 31, 2012
Totally have the issue, only on TPA and no other games/pinballs. Wish I had a real pinball to compare it to. Not that that would make a difference, other than my owning a real pinball :)

ragingpoodle

May 6, 2012
Voted yes, and I planned on getting all of the tables on PS3 and maybe some/all on 360. Now I won't be getting any more DLC on the PS3 and exclusively getting more tables on the 360. I feel like I gave away 10 dollars to Farsight for the PS3 version and I have bought all of their pinball products for other systems. Somehow the PS3 version is the worst one. I have a 2011 NX720 Sony TV, there are no settings that have helped fix the lag. 360 version plays miles better.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.