Rate tables in Season 4

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
How do the tables rate from best to worst in Season 4?

1. Addams Family (obviously)
2. Cyclone
3. Jack-Bot
4. Earthshaker
5. Party Zone
6. Starship Troopers
7. Phantom of the Opera

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I like all of them. So I'm rating from best to good.

1. Addams Family
2. Jack*Bot
3. Party Zone
4. Starship Troopers
5. Phantom
6. Cyclone
7. Earthshaker

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Apart from TAF the rest of the tables have been nothing to write home about.Season 3 definately better in my book

1.TAF
2.The rest in any order

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
1 Addams Family
2 Earthshaker
3 Cyclone
4 Jack*Bot
5 Starship Troopers
6 Party Zone
7 Phantom of the Opera

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
TAF? What is it with Pinball Arcade players that they have to make everything into acronyms? Half the time I have no idea what table people are talking about. And why do so many of you leave the first T in "the" in? Its not TNATO or TNASA. Come on people, it cast 2 seconds longer to just type the words.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
TAF? What is it with Pinball Arcade players that they have to make everything into acronyms? Half the time I have no idea what table people are talking about. And why do so many of you leave the first T in "the" in? Its not TNATO or TNASA. Come on people, it cast 2 seconds longer to just type the words.

It isn't unique to The Pinball Arcade by any means. Try reading pretty much anything on the pinside forums. It is a more of a general pinball thing, nothing specific to TPA. Happily if you type in an initialism for a pinball table to http://ipdb.org it should link you to it, and if not the advanced search should get you there from the Abbreviation box.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
1 Starship Troopers
2 Jack*Bot
3 Cyclone
4 Phantom of the Opera
5 Addams Family
6 Party Zone
7 Earthshaker

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Maybe you should start learning them if you intend to stay active in this forum

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It isn't unique to The Pinball Arcade by any means. Try reading pretty much anything on the pinside forums. It is a more of a general pinball thing, nothing specific to TPA. Happily if you type in an initialism for a pinball table to http://ipdb.org it should link you to it, and if not the advanced search should get you there from the Abbreviation box.

So it's something all pinball people do? Is it because years of pushing buttons with only two fingers have made them really slow at typing? This is the only place I have heard of outside of the military where there are people that insist on using acronyms for everything. It is so weird.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
In all seriousness, it's because of the subject matter. In this forum, we often must bring up specific tables as a basis of comparison, contrast, or shorthand. So, when I want to say how much I love Attack from Mars, and that I like it more than The Addams Family or Creature from the Black Lagoon, I'd want to use the acronyms since the shorthand can be used with this audience.

Or if I want to say that Attack from Mars reminds me of Medieval Madness, or that Attack from Mars is much better than Revenge from Mars, the continuous typing out of said titles really does become tedious. Now let's talk about Bride of Pinbot: The Machine versus Creature from the Black Lagoon. Now, I realize there really is no business comparing Bride of Pinbot: The Machine to Creature from the Black Lagoon, but you can see where maybe the acronyms start to become necessary.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to fire up the International Business Machine Personal Computer for some The Pinball Arcade action. I've got a hankering for some Tales of the Arabian Nights and maybe Ripley's Believe It or Not. Nah, I'll just go back to Attack from Mars.

Hmm... judging by what I just said, apparently I'm a fan of Solid State machines over Electro-Mechanical. But when it comes to Dot Matrix Displays over Alpha Numeric, I really couldn't care less.

Of course, outside of this forum, talking in real life, I would never mention pinballs by their initials. That's just lame.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.