Android - Request If OUYA is shut down?

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I just finished my Season 4 pass tonight with Safe Cracker. It's been hella fun. I'd say Pinball is the only reason my Ouya has not been collecting dust the past few years. I can say with the recent news, I won't be subscribing to Season 5 since I will never recieve future purchased tables should the servers get disconnected. Which they will. Ouya's server is a ticking time bomb right now. We just don't know the length of the fuse...

I somehow doubt that puchase history is transferable to Android, sadly. Good news is Pinball Arcade works if the server is terminated. I have independantly verified this but disconnecting my DSL router from the phone jack. This left my wifi enabled on as a "dummy" connection. A couple apps threw errors but the majority of my purchased games including Pinball Arcade were fully playable. Depending on what you've bought, your mileage may vary.

I would highly recommend checking back frequently for updates to make sure you have the latest version. Every time you update TPA, load it and scroll through every table on the menu one by one. Each table has it's own unique theme music when highlighted. Any table requiring an update will play the default TPA theme song when highlighted. By listenng for the default TPA theme, you avoid the need to load every table to check for table updates every time you update the app. Only those tables playing the default TPA hard rock guitar them needs to be updated. Click green circle to redownload. After updating the main app, you must update and redownload each table that requests an update. Otherwise if the servers shut down before you attempt to play the table or download the update, you may get permanently locked out of any updated tables you forgot to download.

Keep your Farsight and Ouya logins active at all times. THIS IS IMPORTANT: SHOULD THE SERVER SHUT DOWN, AND YOU LOG OUT OF YOUR OUYA ACCOUNT, YOU WILL PERMANENTLY LOSE ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR SOFTWARE! Essentially, don't log off or your Ouya will get bricked! Secondly, I would advise you never to log out of Farsight/TPA, or you might lose access to your purchased tables or revert to demo mode. That would be sad. I believe the logins are permanent unless you manually log out, so don't do it!

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Razor just gave an official announcement that they have aquired Ouya storefront and will be incorporating it into their Razor Forge. The Ouya storefront will be rebranded under Cortex.

I'm curious if Farsight has plans to migrate over to the Forge platform and continue support for it. Also will we be able to transfer our purchased tables over to play them on the new Razor platform?

I know it's early yet but at least I can rest easy now since Razor will be continuing the Ouya service for at least another year.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
FS need to merge android with android TV as one. They don't need a separate branch for Ouya/Forge (android TV) i use an android box with regular android OS (mobile) and TPA runs on my 40" TV fine.

Just needs better controller support.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I am bumping this topic with pertinent information about the Razor Forge. Ouya's store is supposed to get merged onto Razor Forge and all users will be eligible to transfer their accounts and purchases over. The caveat is that developers must update their apps to be compatible with the Forge platform.
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?16848-CORTEX-(Ouya-Games)-Announced-for-the-Forge-TV/

I have a $50 off Razor Forge discount coupon as an Ouya user that I haven't redeemed yet. They sent these out a month or so back. If you didn't get one, it was likely because you opted out of promotional emails. Sign up at Ouyaforum and send a PM to Pocketsquare with your Ouya username and email to get your code.

Anyway, I'm still on the fence about getting the Razor, but I wanted to hear if from the horses mouth if Pinball Arcade is dedicated to migrating to the Cortex platform. I would assume so because they have been committed to continued updates for Ouya.

Last edited:

Der Retroluzzer

Mar 30, 2016
*BUMP*

I played TPA on the OUYA ever since it was release, purchased and enjoyed all sessions and I'm not half way through all the tables.

Now Razer (Owner of the OUYA store) announced in January that they will not allow any more updates from January 2018 on - Store will stay online, but it's Frozen. So no new tables anymore through the store.

I see two possibilities:

- A sideloadable app that works as always on the OUYA
- Being able to rransfer the purchases to a different system

By the way: I'd love to play TPA on my Nvidia Shield TV, but the Google Play Version does not support controllers, and the Amazon version only partially.

If all this is not possible, I would choose PS4 or WiiU for my tables.

Thoughts? Anyone else here who still plays TPA on OUYA (or the Forge)?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.