360 new release bugs

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I'm not sure if these are peculiar to me, but since they're consistent I figured I would mention them. I have two I've found.

The first is that when I start the game it only shows tables from Season One. I can download Season 2 and 3 from inside the in-game menu, which only takes a moment since it jumps straight to 99 percent, and then everything works for the duration of play. When I exit and come back, the Season 2 and 3 tables are gone again and I have to repeat the above.

The second bug is that I only bought the Season packs so far, none of the Season 4 individual tables yet. I cannot access the purchase screen for these Season 4 tables from inside the game, it's dimmed out. Presumably I can get them outside the app just like I bought the season packs on initial re-release, I'll find out when I buy those.

That's all I found so far, not sure if they may be related. Or, indeed, if this is something only I'm seeing and it works for other people.

ckisgen

Apr 20, 2014
I also have to re-download the Season 1 pack every time I exit and reopen the game to get it to show up. I tweeted FarSight and I got the following response -

"Looks like u may need to reinstall the game. Make sure to backup ur game data before-hand to ensure u don't lose anything."

Going to try that later tonight.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Hmm. I tried that a couple of different ways already. I've deleted and reinstalled the base game four times now. Now I've deleted seasons 2 and 3 and I'm trying to download them fresh from inside the app and see if it takes hold. Prior to this I just downloaded from the xbla marketplace screen all at once.

At least now I know it's not just me seeing this sort of thing.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Well I mentioned this in another forum but it seems better placed here. Although I'm not sure it's necessarily a bug, but I'll repeat it anyways.:

I know I'm in the minority here but really disapointed to see the update took away support for 4:3 tvs. Before the update it filled my whole tv, now i get the widescreen bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Harder to see the table detail now since its zoomed out. Even the PC supports my 4:3 desktop monitor.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Well my fix attempt didn't take, but I did notice the app in the folder was called: pinball arcade season 2 pro. I found that rather odd. So the only thing left I haven't tried is to delete everything, install the game sgain, and then download all packs from inside it. I already got the game and now, at least for the time being, "buy tables" is available again. So I'm downloading the packs all from inside the game now and will report if it works.

I think it should, this seems like a marketplace related bug.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
One thing that I consider as a bug is the inability to try the tables before you buy them, like you could before on Xbox360 and like you still can on PC.

Another bug is the size of the font at a 720p resolution, it's too big.

5aBfK4z.jpg

GamerCoon

Mar 6, 2015
The publisher still says Crave Games, I assume this is incorrect? Also, the demo is gone. Is that a bug, or was it removed intentionally?

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Nope. Didn't work. Totally fresh install, everything downloaded from inside the app, same problem. Buy Tables is darkened again, too.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe it's just me, but the graphics look like they took a step back from the original 360 release. Then again, I have a new TV - Sharp AQUOS 60" Q+, so it does some extra processing to upscale everything close to 4K. The ball and certain art on TAF looked fuzzy and not very clear. T2 was a little better.

Last edited:

Skier23

Aug 25, 2012
Yeah I am having the same issue with the inability of the game to retain the new tables on the table listing. Honestly, I wish they had just kept the menus the same and had added the additional tables to the side scroller. Also, I agree with McGuirk, on the new tables the graphics don't seem as sharp and it also seemed like the sound effects were a bit muted compared to the original released games. Maybe it's because there were no additional achievements but I wasn't as hooked on the new tables as the initial release. So far I've only downloaded season 2.

GamerCoon

Mar 6, 2015
Additional bugs:

* Theatre of Magic only has one plunger cam; you can press B to switch it and the icon changes and it makes the camera-switching sound, but it doesn't change the camera.
* Gorgar has some sound issues. When some of the target are hit, and especially when the spinner is spun, it sounds like it's playing the sound effect many times at once offset by milliseconds maybe.
* When playing Scared Stiff, I had a long game and got it into a state where I needed one ball lock to start multiball, and every time I hit the left most lane the ball vanished, and it went into ball-search mode, and on the 3rd cycle it ejects a ball out of the coffin. It did this consistently every time I shot the lane, I hit that shot about 15 times before giving up and quitting.
* The menu where you select a table has a graphical glitch when switching tables, in the bottom right there is a short wide rectangle that looks like colorful static while it is loading the background image for the next table.

That's all from about an hour's play, so based on this I expect I'll find more. Despite all of this, I'm glad it's here and I'm having fun with it! Thanks FarSight!

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Anybody who has the missing tables bug, it might be a good idea to exit the game each time from the in-game menus. If you dashboard instead, when you have to redownload the seasons to see them the game may present a table menu with no sound and then freeze if you try to start playing one. I had this twice and had to reinstall everything, both times when I dashboarded instead of exiting the long way. I haven't had the problem if I back out to the main menu and select "exit game" from there.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I exited with the actual exit option. Next time I fired TPA up, there were 4 tables and had to download the Season 1 pack again to get them to show up. Granted the X360 knew the files were there, so the download only took a second.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know how many existing table bugs made it into this version (like the Frankenstein hit on MB during multiball whenever you nudge) but I can confirm that just like a VERY old iOS bug, the left slingshot on ToM does not make a sound.

I thought that was an old, OLD bug and would've been fixed across all platforms by now.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Bugs usually get carried over from device to device, and the longer they wait to fix the bugs, the more work it will be.

One other thing missing is audio settings, on PC I can silence the menu music, on Xbox 360 I can't control any sound.
I guess I'll just hook my PC to my TV, there are too many things missing on the Xbox 360 version.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
I exited with the actual exit option. Next time I fired TPA up, there were 4 tables and had to download the Season 1 pack again to get them to show up. Granted the X360 knew the files were there, so the download only took a second.

Yeah, you have to redownload the missing tables either way, it's just that dashboarding seems to have a high risk of making the game freeze up the next time you try to play.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Black Hole - Lower playfield, the ball can still be pheased through the right flipper back into play.

Monster Bash - some shots up the left ramp stop and go back instead of continuing forward. And those shots are pretty powerful. It's like there's a brake slowing the ball down. If it goes around the bend, the shot should be successful.

Firepower - This bug is for both 360 and PC (and probably all platforms).... After rolling through the E lane it hit the bumper without getting bumped, resulting in near drain. The bumper should've bumped. It needs to be more sensitive.

Addams Family - Left ramp... Sometimes a solid shot is blocked right at the bend, as if the ball hit an invisible target.

Genie - Dead Bumpers....This is present on all platforms.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Season One nor Season Two include the free ball skins, apparently that'll be fixed in an update.

Other bugs/missing features that I found:

• Season One doesn't include Pro Menu for TOtAN and MM.
  • Upper Flipper control is missing!

Last edited:

eddiec

Apr 11, 2012
I'm getting very poor resolution on my wide screen ips monitor. The game looks fine with steam but with the 360 there are lots of jaggies and artifacts.

GamerCoon

Mar 6, 2015
Twilight Zone: if you plunge the ball hard enough that the camera follows the ball, but lightly enough that it doesn't make it past the gate, when you re-plunge the camera will not follow the ball. This is especially annoying in plunger-cam 2 (which seems to be default), since you can't see your ball at all while it rolls over the red/orange/yellow zones/scoop.

Also Twilight Zone: I set a pretty good high score, 1.280 billion. It shows up on the leaderboard (currently #25), but it does not show up in my local "high scores" menu! Other scores set on this table have been saved and show up correctly, so I don't know what happend with this one, but this is awful!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.