Bug 16:10 portrait resolutions still not working in DX11 Build.

baaadllama

May 21, 2015
Still no update from what I have seen to the display issue. Running a 9:16 resolution, allows prpper ratio, but in the I have letterboxing on the right and left of display. so seems any recent updates have not resolved it. Dx11, running in a 9:16 mode works for now when i really want to get the display and show of the table, otherwise i have to play Dx9 to fill display and get the retail space of the monitor.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Heyo. It's been nearly four months since the last word. Why are the cameras still busted for 10:16?

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
Heyo. It's been nearly four months since the last word. Why are the cameras still busted for 10:16?

Yep, this is still busted even with latest release. The framing is perfect with the DX9 version, but I can't go back to that version. So it's a question of having flippers slightly cut off or have black bars on the side until fixed.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Yep, this is still busted even with latest release. The framing is perfect with the DX9 version, but I can't go back to that version. So it's a question of having flippers slightly cut off or have black bars on the side until fixed.

You might try using the closest 16x9 resolution available and prevent the monitor or graphics card from aspect scaling in the settings. This would leave a thin black bar above and below the image or to either side if using portrait mode.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Or write an email to farsight support. They maybe just forgot to put the resolution in the list.

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
You might try using the closest 16x9 resolution available and prevent the monitor or graphics card from aspect scaling in the settings. This would leave a thin black bar above and below the image or to either side if using portrait mode.

Yes, I can already do this. However, in DX9, it has the correct aspect ratio, so no bars and no flipper cutoff. So if they can bring that over to DX11, that would be great. And sounds like they spotted this issue over 4 mo ago and were going to fix it. Kind of hoping latest release would have the fix.

I was previously using an HD tv to play the game but just recently started using a monitor in portrait mode that I was using for work. So for me, this is just a very recent problem.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Anybody else get the background image distortion when running TPA in DX11? When selecting a table, the tables backglass image wallpaper seems stretched. The DX9 version is fitted perfectly to the monitors resolution.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
It might be easier or more goal oriented to buy a 16:9 monitor

I could replace my top of the line 16:10 with a crappy 16:9 one which is a way worse aspect ratio for general computer use btw, yes. On the other hand Farsight could just fix it since they already did it for DX9, where it's worked perfectly since the day the game came out on steam. I don't understand how porting the camera values to DX11 can be a hard task. Maybe I'm missing something.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I wasn't too serious. Just have the feeling you may wait for a looooong time for the fix

baaadllama

May 21, 2015
Still waiting on this. any updates. or is it just not going to happen(?) and i shoudl be looking at another means to get a full screen resolution on DX11>

R

Rhandos

One year later and it's still painful to play on 1680x1050 with black bars at top and bottom... :/

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
At this point I wish they would revamp the whole config settings for dx11. Get rid of the "back buffer" deal altogether and just have simple resolution choices like dx9. This is the first game I've ever played that has this issue.

I tinkered with my settings yet again last night. Out of curiosity are most people using a high back buffer in addition to MSAA & anisotropy on? Or are you guys using one or the other?

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I run the game at 3840x2160 with the same resolution for the backbuffer and 4x msaa - pushing it higher will not really work well with the 2gb of ram on my gtx 670.
Before that I used 3840x2400 on my old 1920x1200 screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.