First Impressions

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'm enjoying the table so far.Looks great in DX11 mode..Sounds great aswell.
Overall a great addition to Season 5.
Keep them coming Farsight.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i feel like this is the first table I can hear the sound of the ball scraping against the metal significantly when the ball comes down to the flippers after shooting the north pole.
Sounds really good. The more prominent the mechanical sounds the better to help the immersion factor
fun table

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Limited scoring is a downer, 3 games and I'm maxed, not sure how I feel about the two goals (Creature loops and 150M jackpot*) as a reason to continue playing this table. Already hated Phantom's 5 loops, it's a weak spot in my skillset.

*The effort put into pumping the jackpot is superfluous when the superjackpot is attainable for way less effort and risk.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Serously? the score maxes out at 9,999,999,999???

Yes, it's a baked-in ROM limitation, I couldn't find any mention of it in the manuals on IPDB or anywhere else for that matter. The ROM just stops registering scores after 9,999,999,990.

To be fair, it's a tough table in real life, so getting close to that max is a serious challenge.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Anybody noticing that extra balls don't seem to be registering correctly. I'm on Android and I regularly get over 600,000,000 and don't always get an extra ball for it. Also, is there a limit of only 1 EB per ball?

Steve

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Anybody noticing that extra balls don't seem to be registering correctly. I'm on Android and I regularly get over 600,000,000 and don't always get an extra ball for it. Also, is there a limit of only 1 EB per ball?

Steve

Sometimes it will award 50M instead of an EB, usually when you've already collected that EB once.

I haven't worked out how it goes though, because I've collected an EB from Creation Multiball, then 50M the next time, then an EB the next time. Maybe it is related to the ball in play, so you can only get it once on Ball 1, once on Ball 2, and once on Ball 3.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
FWIW, Starship Troopers has a cap of 3 EB per game and then every subsequent EB turns into 10M instead. So does Harley-Davidson where the value is 35M. Sounds like this was standard practice for Sega tables.

(Didn't see this mentioned in the SST forum. Probably nobody got enough to find out, since it's pretty hard on that table.)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've definitely (and a few times) had two EB on the 1st ball, so no.

This looks like a good puzzle.
I can confirm multiple EBs with one ball in my second game and about 10 EBs total for the game. During my tournament games I got the 50M after the fourth EB always. This looks like a bad puzzle. :(

Limited scoring is a downer

True. Don't know if I ever play it again after three games for this reason. The sound is good, the ruleset also (at least for SEGA. :)). What a strange score limitation. Many table ROMs can't rollover but no one stays at the 999...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
wonder if its possible to max the score under a timed tournament. if you can somehow get every creation letter on ball one, it seems very possible to abuse the major rom bug for massive points.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
wonder if its possible to max the score under a timed tournament. if you can somehow get every creation letter on ball one, it seems very possible to abuse the major rom bug for massive points.

I've tried this within the tournament games and the 20 minutes are not enough to use the ROM bug more than two times. No problem with a 30 min game. Should be result in many 999... scores from all good players. This table is not suitable for tournaments...

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Eh, it's a pretty enjoyable table IMO. Definitely a lot better than Starship Troopers for certain. A bit like a much less strict, yet still enjoyable Ripley's. While there isn't much flow, I still think this was a pretty good table from the mid 90s when pinball was losing its stride.

If you liked this table I suggest you check out Apollo 13 or Batman Forever, both of which were SEGA tables released the same year as this one featuring tons of strategies for experienced players.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just got it on iOS - even though the dmd doesn't display any bigger in TPA (at least I don't think it does) you can tell the extra dmd pixel count or I guess dot count equals higher resolution animation. I can easily recognize Robert de niro and even see his facial expressions. 1995 dmd hd!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.