Creature Feature Timer bug

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
So obviously the ROM for this machine has a few hiccups, found an odd one today. Activated Creature Feature and the timer was stuck at 30 seconds for quite some time, other animations played normally. It didn't start counting down until I had the value up to 50 million at which point it went down normally. Sadly I didn't get the wizard goal, choked before getting the score up to 300,000,000. Does anyone know what can cause this? It seems like a ROM issue rather than a TPA bug. I did start the mode by hitting an unlit FRANKENSTEIN letter, not spotting it from the North Pole. I had Super Kickback active and had just finished Geneva Multiball, but I don't know if any of this triggered it.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
I think triggering this bug is the only chance I'll have of getting near this goal. If anyone figures this out let me know.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Geneva/Creature Feature Timer Bug Explained w/video

After a lot of trial and error I kind of figured this glitch out and bagged this goal. FINALLY!

This video shows how to trigger the Creature Feature timer bug and obtain the elusive 350M Creature Feature Goal. The bug works about 50% of the time so patience is necessary.

Video - https://youtu.be/PebV2Ph2j7w

iPad Air 2 - Inverted nudging on. Touch scheme F.

When the bug is triggered, the timer gets stuck on 30 seconds allowing you enough time to get the 8 ramp shots needed to spell creature. Avoid the Geneva scoop during the mode as it will start the timer countdown.

Directions:

1. Collect your Geneva letters so that you have all but one or two left by the time you arrive at (not trigger) the Creature Feature creation scene.
  2. Light the last Geneva letter before you collect the last one or two Frankenstein letters.
  3. Collect the last Geneva letter triggering Geneva Multiball. Get all four jackpots so "Shoot Geneva to Relight Jackpot" is displayed. Do not shoot the Geneva scoop.
  4. Drain remaining balls (except one obviously) to end multi ball.
  5. Shoot north pole to collect final Frankenstein letter(s) and start Creature Feature mode. Timer should be stuck on 30 seconds to give you time to make the ramp shots.

If the timer isn't stuck, try to repeat the steps in the same game. It should eventually work.

Thanks to zmcvay for first mentioning the bug. Without this glitch, I think this goal would've been nearly impossible on iPad. Hope this post helps you guys bag this goal!

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After a lot of trial and error I kind of figured this glitch out and bagged this goal. FINALLY!

This video shows how to trigger the Creature Feature timer bug and obtain the elusive 350M Creature Feature Goal. The bug works about 50% of the time so patience is necessary.

Video - https://youtu.be/PebV2Ph2j7w

iPad Air 2 - Inverted nudging on. Touch scheme F.

When the bug is triggered, the timer gets stuck on 30 seconds allowing you enough time to get the 8 ramp shots needed to spell creature. Avoid the Geneva scoop during the mode as it will start the timer countdown.

Directions:

1. Collect your Geneva letters so that you have all but one or two left by the time you arrive at (not trigger) the Creature Feature creation scene.
  2. Light the last Geneva letter before you collect the last one or two Frankenstein letters.
  3. Collect the last Geneva letter triggering Geneva Multiball. Get all four jackpots so "Shoot Geneva to Relight Jackpot" is displayed. Do not shoot the Geneva scoop.
  4. Drain remaining balls (except one obviously) to end multi ball.
  5. Shoot north pole to collect final Frankenstein letter(s) and start Creature Feature mode. Timer should be stuck on 30 seconds to give you time to make the ramp shots.

If the timer isn't stuck, try to repeat the steps in the same game. It should eventually work.

Thanks to zmcvay for first mentioning the bug. Without this glitch, I think this goal would've been nearly impossible on iPad. Hope this post helps you guys bag this goal!

Thanks. I'll have to try on PS4.

Update: Got it on PS4!!! And I don't feel bad about taking advantage of this bug. I deserve this goal!!! What happened was that I was able to successfully start the Creature Feature mode with the timer bug and was able to hit the ramp 3 consecutive times and collect C-R-E once I got the ball under control (I use the nudge every time the ball gets to the flipper strategy to stop it so that every shot is a controlled shot from rest position strategy). But then I couldn't hit the fourth shot. What's even worse, I accidentally hit the scoop shot and restarted the time. However, I was able to play it cool after letting out a loud swear and was able to hit the ramp 5 consecutive times without messing up.

Now all I need is that dreaded silver coin in Safecracker. I don't suppose anyone has any exploits for that one?

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Wow! Excellent work. I've never been able to duplicate the bug, but this will give me something to work on tonight. Thank you for figuring this one out.

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Thanks. I'll have to try on PS4.

Update: Got it on PS4!!! And I don't feel bad about taking advantage of this bug. I deserve this goal!!! What happened was that I was able to successfully start the Creature Feature mode with the timer bug and was able to hit the ramp 3 consecutive times and collect C-R-E once I got the ball under control (I use the nudge every time the ball gets to the flipper strategy to stop it so that every shot is a controlled shot from rest position strategy). But then I couldn't hit the fourth shot. What's even worse, I accidentally hit the scoop shot and restarted the time. However, I was able to play it cool after letting out a loud swear and was able to hit the ramp 5 consecutive times without messing up.

Now all I need is that dreaded silver coin in Safecracker. I don't suppose anyone has any exploits for that one?

Nice one Gorgar! Great recovery to hit 5 straight after starting the timer. Probably got the adrenaline going for sure. I have a feeling Farsight put this goal in knowing that the timer bug was the only way most people would get this goal.

As for Safecracker... No tips there unfortunately. Just grind away. I put on some Netflix to distract me from the mundaneness of that one. No idea how many games it took to finally get that goal.

I still have the 150 mil jackpot goal left on MSF. Got up to 148 then choked. Once that's done I'll have Seasons 1-5 done!

Many cheers

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Nice one Gorgar! Great recovery to hit 5 straight after starting the timer. Probably got the adrenaline going for sure. I have a feeling Farsight put this goal in knowing that the timer bug was the only way most people would get this goal.

As for Safecracker... No tips there unfortunately. Just grind away. I put on some Netflix to distract me from the mundaneness of that one. No idea how many games it took to finally get that goal.

I still have the 150 mil jackpot goal left on MSF. Got up to 148 then choked. Once that's done I'll have Seasons 1-5 done!

Many cheers

My only tip for the 150 million jackpot is that it also seems to be bugged. I think I got it to around 136 and then accidentally hit the ramp and collected it, but the game awarded it to me anyway. So, if you accidentally hit the ramp, wait for a few seconds before rage quitting. Also, someone found out that you can backhand the spinner (not sure who it was. It might even have been you)

As for SafeCracker, let's just said I grinded it a hell of a lot (collected 500+ tokens) and I just had to give it break. I guess I just don't have any luck with SafeCracker. But now that I have all of the other goals, I can probably motivate myself to try again (who knows, I might even get lucky this time)

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
My only tip for the 150 million jackpot is that it also seems to be bugged. I think I got it to around 136 and then accidentally hit the ramp and collected it, but the game awarded it to me anyway. So, if you accidentally hit the ramp, wait for a few seconds before rage quitting. Also, someone found out that you can backhand the spinner (not sure who it was. It might even have been you)

Ha ha, I got the jackpot bug, but not the one you were referring to. I had two balls stuck in the ice cave :cool: and had the spinner over 150 mil. Hit the ramp and instead of the Creature Jackpot animation it showed Extra Ball. No goal registered. The jackpot must have been enough to score the 600 mil extra ball and the extra ball suppresses the goal being triggered. Yay.

FYI I don't use the backhand trick as I can hit the right orbit pretty consistently. May have to try it though see how it works out.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The whole thing with backhanding is to avoid the reliance on random kickout-bugs that may or may not happen a few times an hour. I appreciate your bug write up on the 350MM CF mode, I haven't bothered to re-grab that and finish off the 150M goal since my SSD stopped being recognized. I want to get it out of the way but get so annoyed with all the setup that's required each time to get there.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Hey, standouche, or whoever wants to help. When you got all of the Safecracker tokens, did you constantly restart or did you get as many tokens as you could without a single restart?

I ask because I just got token #600 (plus whatever I spent on AFTV and 30 tokens that I didn't save because the game crashed) which is the amount found in three sleeves. I should have gotten three silver tokens by now. I can't believe I have such terrible luck.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Gorgar, I'm sorry that 4% drop chance has eluded you for so long, have a laugh at my recent misfortune

CRAP, just got the 350M CF BUT that damn 600M EB screwed me too #@)(*&$@((*@&$*(&!#(*&#@!(&!(#&(
oh and I didn't collect all the jackpots, just did geneva a little bit and when it drained I went into Creature Feature immediately and the timer never started.

All the ******** luck, bugged in the ice cave and couldn't re-lit alive and lost it down the left side.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Just would like to add that it is my belief that the extended jackpot animation might help contribute to the frozen timer bug. Seeing as I had gotten the frozen timer without collecting all jackpots, and letting the balls drain after the re-lite hole animation has been on screen for awhile doesn't trigger it often enough.

My successful 350M:
had gotten 3/4 Geneva jackpots leaving only the left orbit
shot the left orbit jackpot and let it drain quickly
shot the north pole to start Creature Feature

Perhaps if anyone in the future wants to confirm or refute my belief, just wait out the auto-launcher and shoot the left orbit jackpot then start Creature Feature immediately. Prior to all that you will want to practice that left orbit, holding the upper flipper to change modes while the orbit happens, do a mode or two to get you past 600M. I do Lynch because I can get 200M+ from it and Creature Multiball.

That 150M Creature Jackpot: you will also want to do the 600M EB before attempting it, something else to keep in mind is check your saucers if you've got your balls under control, every time. Because I made the mistake of playing with the two balls in play.. accidentally grabbing the creature jackpot, doing the super, collecting the 2nd round of jackpots and had two letters left to collect before I lost one of the balls in play before I noticed.. that I had two stuck in the Ice Cave and I needed that hole to collect its jackpot and only a tilt would eject those balls.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Still thinking the DMD animations cause both bugs, I've gotten the ball stuck with different animations going at the time it entered the north pole to never pop out again. If the pro mode had a click and drag for the ball so we could test in a 'glass off' scenario to figure these out would be great.. but how they'd port that to console or touch screens? wont happen.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Still thinking the DMD animations cause both bugs, I've gotten the ball stuck with different animations going at the time it entered the north pole to never pop out again. If the pro mode had a click and drag for the ball so we could test in a 'glass off' scenario to figure these out would be great.. but how they'd port that to console or touch screens? wont happen.

Porting to touch-screen tablets would be great. Just drag the ball around with your finger. Isn't that how ball control in Pro mode works anyway?

For consoles, just implement a cursor with the left stick, like it is in the new UI. Or again, how does ball control work in Pro mode on consoles?

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Hey, standouche, or whoever wants to help. When you got all of the Safecracker tokens, did you constantly restart or did you get as many tokens as you could without a single restart?

I ask because I just got token #600 (plus whatever I spent on AFTV and 30 tokens that I didn't save because the game crashed) which is the amount found in three sleeves. I should have gotten three silver tokens by now. I can't believe I have such terrible luck.

Man, I wish I could remember. I'm pretty sure I was restarting a lot cause I was playing Safecracker in between other machines. Pinball pallete cleanser. Not sure how many tokens it took either. A lot to be sure, but it sounds like you've been snakebitten.

In other news just got the 150 creature jackpot goal. Had a bunch of balls jammed in the Geneva saucer (never had that jam happen before) and was able to nail the orbits and ramp.

Relaxation, it was painful to watch that near miss YouTube vid. And I can totally relate to the extra ball bug robbing the goal. Good to see you nail it in the second video.

FYI if you have two or more balls stuck in ice cave they should eventually pop out if you wait long enough. They do on mobile. This goes for all other ball jams too. It takes what seems like forever, but you shouldn't have to tilt.

It does seem there is more to the Geneva timer bug as you've found it triggers even without getting all the jackpots. Good to know. Congrats on getting the 350 Creature Feature goal and the 150 Creature jackpot goal!

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
So I've had probably 4 Geneva Multiball attempts that didn't trigger timer glitch, until last night, when it finally worked (sadly I didn't get the goal, choked before getting all the shots in). Anyway, it seems you don't need to score all 4 jackpots, you can see it in my video.

1. One of my balls drained right after the MB started.
2. Then I collect 3 jackpots
3. Before I collect the Ice Jackpot, my 2nd ball drains.
4. As soon as that happens I shot the North Pole, and start the Creature mode.

The timer is now glitched.

I then went to see the comments to the video posted earlier on in this thread, and sure enough here's one of the comments:
"There have been reports that you don't need to hit all the Jackpots in Geneva Multiball to trigger the bug. So regardless of how many jackpots you hit, go ahead and start Creature Feature after multiball ends and see if the timer bug activates." CONFIRMED. You don't have to hit any Jackpots.

There's something else that I figured out: This bug works 100% of the time with one major rule: Once you start Geneva Multiball, NEVER shoot the Geneva scoop again, regardless of how many Jackpots you collect during multiball. Yes, even during Multiball.

Will give this a try, and report back when I confirm if that's the case.

EDIT:
I can now confirm this works every time:
1. Leave only 1 or 2 Frankestein letters unlit.
2. Start Geneva Multiball.
3. Drain all but 1 ball (wait a bit so the balls stop being re-launched).
4. Shoot North Pole to start Creature Feature - DO NOT SHOOT Geneva Scoop at any point - the timer will be glitched (but it will restart if you shoot Geneva Scoop).

And I finally got it using the method above. Now I just need to get that stupid 150M jackpot. Here's the vid:

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
My only tip for the 150 million jackpot is that it also seems to be bugged. I think I got it to around 136 and then accidentally hit the ramp and collected it, but the game awarded it to me anyway. So, if you accidentally hit the ramp, wait for a few seconds before rage quitting.

Ha ha, I got the jackpot bug, but not the one you were referring to. I had two balls stuck in the ice cave :cool: and had the spinner over 150 mil. Hit the ramp and instead of the Creature Jackpot animation it showed Extra Ball. No goal registered. The jackpot must have been enough to score the 600 mil extra ball and the extra ball suppresses the goal being triggered. Yay.

It took me forever months to get this f**king goal (I did take a long Red Dead Redemption 2 break, but still). The goal was infuriating because you need to juggle multiple balls, while trying to narrowly avoid the jackpot shot. I would always hit the damn ramp by accident. Finally got it done today, but not before I experienced the bug you are talking about. I've noticed oftentimes one of the balls gets stuck, which allows you to focus on the spinner without juggling. I finally managed to get it up to 155M, and hit the ramp. And sure enough, no goal - just the stupid Extra Ball BS. Here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUus0YRb_TM

I was really mad, but kept telling myself, that if I did it once, I can do it again. Literally 20 minutes later, I end up seeing the bug Gorgar mentioned, where you end up earning the goal, despite only having 140M on the spinner. Although the DMD display does say "Jackpot 150M", so maybe it adds some other points to the spinner value, which could potentially make this goal easier. Here's the vid of me finally getting this stupid goal:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.