3 bugs found so far

Allana

Feb 18, 2013
I love Farsight and am thrilled overall with their games, but they clearly need to spend more time testing because with every release it seems I find bugs within the first hour of play. So far here are 3 I found:

Machine loses track of balls, and puts you to the plunger lane with no balls.

I shot a ball into Odins lane and it fed it to the plunger. Then a ball was fed to me from internal, so I had 2 balls in plunger. I shot them and camera locked on plunger with no control of machine until one of the balls drained, then it zoomed out and it gave me control.

I went into options and turned on the Event Camera to see if it had any affect. It did. Every time I hit the ball with the left flipper, the machine tilted. I turned the camera off and it worked fine again.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What kind of iOS device are you using? And what version of iOS are you running (most recent update)?

Even camera didn't cause any issues for me on my iPad 4.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Can confirm first two behaviours (no ball in plunger, 2 balls in plunger), can't confirm third one but haven't tried that yet. iPad Air 2, latest TPA (duh) and one version down from latest iOS.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Slam, next time you get no ball in plunger or two balls in plunger, try and note the specifics such as what ball you were on, was it just after multiball, where the ball was lost, were balls locked at the time, etc. As much detail as possible is helpful since they are scripted. Thanks

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Who on earth checks these games for bugs, I've had bugs appearing from my first game, and have now got 90,000 on my first ball just to have the ball in play change from 1 to 5 then freeze, aaaaaaagh, I'm sure it must Tommy, the deaf dumb and blind kid on quality control

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Who on earth checks these games for bugs, I've had bugs appearing from my first game, and have now got 90,000 on my first ball just to have the ball in play change from 1 to 5 then freeze, aaaaaaagh, I'm sure it must Tommy, the deaf dumb and blind kid on quality control

When you run into an issue, be sure to send it to Farsight support. A comment like you posted above doesn't help very much.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
When you run into an issue, be sure to send it to Farsight support. A comment like you posted above doesn't help very much.
As I said the bugs were appearing from my first game, I'm sure there aware of them, just a shame they release the game with them

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Slam, next time you get no ball in plunger or two balls in plunger, try and note the specifics such as what ball you were on, was it just after multiball, where the ball was lost, were balls locked at the time, etc. As much detail as possible is helpful since they are scripted. Thanks

Will do, just didn't figure this to be the official bug thread and I'm always glad if somebody else let's you know they encountered the same bug. Quickie post therefore. But I also lack specifics yet as the buggy behaviour has not recurred yet.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As I said the bugs were appearing from my first game, I'm sure there aware of them, just a shame they release the game with them

It's the series of events leading up to the problem that is needed to identify the issue. For example a bug might only occur on a second game after a ball is locked. I know it sounds wacky, but that's the kind of info that is often needed to identify and fix the issue. It's not as easy as saying the table is losing proper count of balls. That usually doesn't point to what's causing the issue. Farsight usually needs to be able to replicate the issue on a consistent basis in order to fix it. So if you can tell them how to make the table lose track of balls, then they can fix it. I hope that makes sense.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I love Farsight and am thrilled overall with their games, but they clearly need to spend more time testing because with every release it seems I find bugs within the first hour of play. So far here are 3 I found:

Machine loses track of balls, and puts you to the plunger lane with no balls.

I shot a ball into Odins lane and it fed it to the plunger. Then a ball was fed to me from internal, so I had 2 balls in plunger. I shot them and camera locked on plunger with no control of machine until one of the balls drained, then it zoomed out and it gave me control.

I went into options and turned on the Event Camera to see if it had any affect. It did. Every time I hit the ball with the left flipper, the machine tilted. I turned the camera off and it worked fine again.

I believe our customer support received your email regarding the three issues. The event camera shouldn't have had any effect, my guess is the touch zone returned to it's default state setting A. Changing the settings should refresh and resolve that issue. As for the table losing track of balls, I believe we the fix went in after the table was submitted for iOS, but we are still looking into it.

That would be me and one other guy. The challenge with this table was that it was scripted so not every scenario was covered correctly. Again we should have a fix in the next update.

truestone

Oct 20, 2015
I only own 6 tables but I definitely agree that "Machine loses track of balls" applies here and only here, though I couldn't say exactly when. I wouldn't mind if Call Attendant fixed it, but this jerk just blurbs that no ball is stuck and cancels the request, leaving you yelling that there is no ball on the table at all and no option but to cancel the game entirely. Only to find that the bugs in real life haven't been resolved either.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.