collected tactics & strategies in one place

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
so i've been putting this together over the last few years for my own use, and wondered if anyone else could benefit from it -it's a Word file, around 180K

how do i upload it here? apparently my permissions below do not include uploads - so if someone who has the rights wants it, send me an email to danielbradford@doctors.org.uk and maybe you can post it here in this thread?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
This forum isn't meant for file hosting. The way to do that is through a file hosting service, Dropbox or Google Drive or something like that. The "editable TPA scorecard" thread from [MENTION=2327]Tann[/MENTION] has some suggestions near the bottom of the first post.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
about CBW in the text: "90% of this table boils down to nailing the ramp shot ad infinitum."
This is so false ! If you consider CBW just as a ramp and nothing else, it's a point of view. It's not truth.

my 2c

invitro

May 4, 2012
about CBW in the text: "90% of this table boils down to nailing the ramp shot ad infinitum."
This is so false ! If you consider CBW just as a ramp and nothing else, it's a point of view. It's not truth.
Well, it might be true, perhaps for unskilled players? For me, hitting the ramp is trivial, and the most important things in CBW, in order, are:
1) completing the 1-7 balls in the nine-ball mode before I drain,
2) hitting the 500M nine ball target in this mode (before draining or timing out),
3) transferring the ball from R to L flipper, by post passing, or by shooting the Horseshoe loop (without draining),
4) hitting the eight ball in nine-ball mode (before draining),
5) having good long Pool Ball Manias.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, it might be true, perhaps for unskilled players? For me, hitting the ramp is trivial, and the most important things in CBW, in order, are:
3) post passing to transfer the ball from the R to the L flipper (without draining),

The Horseshoe is such an easy shot, I usually go that route instead. These are Premier Insta-Catch(tm) flippers, after all.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The Horseshoe is such an easy shot, I usually go that route instead. These are Premier Insta-Catch(tm) flippers, after all.
Yes... I did that for awhile (the next-to-last tourney with CBW), but I seemed to be losing more balls with it than with the post pass and so switched (for the last tourney with CBW). But maybe I was trying harder with the post pass, not sure. :) I suppose I should edit what I wrote above though, thanks.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yes... I did that for awhile (the next-to-last tourney with CBW), but I seemed to be losing more balls with it than with the post pass and so switched (for the last tourney with CBW). But maybe I was trying harder with the post pass, not sure. :) I suppose I should edit what I wrote above though, thanks.

if only you had the reach around. 'to hold your balls in place'. dont edit, cause you know this will happen. :p

it's nice to give a reach around. as far as pinblall tlablesl and shytl

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.