So How 'Bout Dem Wizard Goals?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I admit it, I'm struggling. The only wizard I've managed is the World Series. I'll get the double jackpot eventually, probably through random dumb luck. My question is, anybody got any tips on the other 3?

4-Way Combo: This one is seriously killing me. Just getting the right inlane and shooting the left orbit to start it is a royal pain. At least that part I've managed to do, it's the 3 shot that I haven't figured how a way to get. From the orbit, the ball is screaming toward the flipper. If you just raise the flipper, the ball will bounce into the mode hole. If you let it dead bounce, it'll go into the left outlane or inlane, either of which kills the combo. I've tried nudging as it approaches the flipper, but then it usually bounces and hits a switch somewhere. All that leaves is a live catch, which doesn't seem very combo like at all, and I'm not able to do at will. Anyone figured this out yet?

All Stars: collecting 9 in the limited time given seems to mean you can't miss a single shot. I'm not all that hot at hitting those right and left center ramps, but hitting the mode hole takes to long to get all 9. Is this a case of me just having to get really good at hitting those ramps alternating, and not hitting the glove at all during that?

43 Runs: this seemingly should be easy, but I've never gotten more than 35. And that was no small miracle. Who's got the answer for this one?

I don't mind these wizards goals, as they are frustrating but don't seem to count on dumb luck or pulling off something you'd never actually do in a real game. I do mind the timer aspect of the All Stars, though it's nowhere near as bad as the goal in POTO that seems damn near impossible. Still, usually when I set my mind to knocking off these things, it'll take me a few hours and I'll have 'em. Instead I've made next to no progress on this table. Looking to see if I'm alone in this struggle or not.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
4 way combo is #**!?*#%$"
All stars is difficult but doable. But you have to combine all the shots or time will run out. No advice on particular order but I wasn't able to do it with grinding just one easier shot.
The rest will just happen in a good game. Actually I completed them all before I completed that effing skill shot one in my 2.6B game. So I had to do them again. 4 way combo is still on the list and it seems that it will stay there for a very loooooooooog time.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
4 Way combo*, I did left orbit to mode hole for all stars, played it safe and only shot for home runs for that goal.

*I've re-done this as a dead bounce too, just post pass back to the right flipper to make the 3rd hit since there's no time limit to this combo business.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I've got 4-way combo and World Series but not even close on the others.

For the Combo I did a live catch to the right flipper. I seem to be able to live catch quite easily on PC.

43 Home Runs I just feel will take me forever same with the Double Super Jackpot. I've never come close to collecting 30 cards: my highest is 16. I believe my highest amount of home runs is 23. I just don't see myself getting another 20 on top of that!

I feel the all-stars one will be the easiest to get next but it's a matter of not hitting that damn glove!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got the combo last night. World Series ages ago. Got up to 7 or 8 All Stars. Nowhere close on Home Runs or Double Super Jackpot.

This is all on my tablet. I'd likely be faring better on my PC but I'm yet to play Big Hurt there yet.

Getting the combo was just a case of getting the live catch and then not fluffing the next two shots.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
43 Runs: this seemingly should be easy, but I've never gotten more than 35. And that was no small miracle. Who's got the answer for this one?

Posted this in the bugs thread, but if you get the bug where the glove glitches and disappears, this becomes absurdly easy. The problem I get is that when the glove is there it becomes responsible for too many middle drains for the count to even get close, at least for me.

I got close to World series once, and managed 25 Frank Thomas cards once (Got really lucky with bullpen awards, I haven't got close otherwise from just the cards mode and stealing bases).

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Oh, and if anyone is curious, the 43 home runs goal only registers at home runs reaching 43. Not home runs + grand slams=43.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Doesn't every Grand Slam count as a Home Run as well? I mean it should. If it doesn't then the Gottlieb/Premier programmers really should've paid more attention their Baseball Stats 101!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh, and if anyone is curious, the 43 home runs goal only registers at home runs reaching 43. Not home runs + grand slams=43.

Oh great, so keeping track of where you are isn't as simple as seeing the box score. That's fabulous. Will it give the true number if you go into status report?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Oh great, so keeping track of where you are isn't as simple as seeing the box score. That's fabulous. Will it give the true number if you go into status report?

Every time you get a home run or a grand slam, it gives you a total for how many you've hit so far. I could be wrong about home runs not incrementing when you get a grand slam, but it doesn't seem to. And it definitely doesn't award the wizard goal when your home runs + grand slams total hits 43.

As an update, just confirmed you can use the no glove glitch to get the All-Stars goal as well. This is a bit trickier since you can only do one mode per ball without the glove present, but if you can use the bumpers to switch to all-stars mode and activate it first, it's pretty easy with the glove missing.

EDIT: I was wrong. Watched the Grand Slam/Home Run increments closer this time and confirmed that a Grand Slam will increment the Home Run counter.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How does the no-glove glitch happen? I've played dozens of games on Android and the glove has never disappeared.

It would suck (and is just plain wrong) if Home Runs don't include Grand Slams, especially since it's relatively easy to load the bases with the rollover above the bumpers. And yeah, that one's not on Farsight at all, it's entirely on Gottlieb/Premier being idiots.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Reading the comments in the thread about all-stars mode. You don't have to hit *all* the flashing shots. *Any* flashing shot will award an all-star player. Right gap and left gap are always lit and can be spammed to add players (which becomes easy when the glove is missing).

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
How does the no-glove glitch happen? I've played dozens of games on Android and the glove has never disappeared.

I've only played this table on Steam (DX11), and one out of every five or so times I load the table, the glove vanishes right as soon as the game starts. It can be fixed by immediately quitting the table to the TPA main menu and reloading. I've never seen the glove vanish any time other than right at the beginning of a game, so it hasn't been a frustrating bug particularly. Not sure if it's present on other versions, the only other mention I saw of it was also for the Steam version.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've only played this table on Steam (DX11), and one out of every five or so times I load the table, the glove vanishes right as soon as the game starts. It can be fixed by immediately quitting the table to the TPA main menu and reloading. I've never seen the glove vanish any time other than right at the beginning of a game, so it hasn't been a frustrating bug particularly. Not sure if it's present on other versions, the only other mention I saw of it was also for the Steam version.

I've yet to see the vanishing glove on Steam, and I've played enough times that according to you I'd have seen it by now quite a few times. I am playing with the public beta for H2H running, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I've yet to see the vanishing glove on Steam, and I've played enough times that according to you I'd have seen it by now quite a few times. I am playing with the public beta for H2H running, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Don't know then. I'm on DX11, don't opt into the betas. I've hit that bug twice today already. I'll try to grab a screen shot next time.

Edit: That was fast. Here's what it looks like. The Glove is gone, but the holder for it is still there and moves back and forth. The Glove isn't just invisible, the ball will not interact with it.

4717E448B2E34567904D9174F90581D7709661B2

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Finally had it happen! And of course I exploited it to collect those 43 home runs. BTW, what's the significance of 43?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I quit out when the glove disappears. Who wants to play like that?

When it comes to wizard goals, it's a choice of how many more times you'd like to bang your head against the wall or do you take advantage of a situation? It's kind of like when during a multiball one of the balls gets stuck or goes back into the plunge lane. It may defy the spirit of the mode, but wouldn't you collect all the super jackpots you could without having to worry about that other ball?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.