Master List of Issues: Stern Pinball Arcade

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
For instance, the smart missile always deactivates upon launching the ball for the first time, and
multiball lit appears seconds after the ball is on the playfield.

I'm not sure if LAH did this IRL, but I know it didn't in the TPA version.

The mouse did that with the right flipper. I just tested with a controller and it does this as well, with the right flipper button, even after remapping.

It's fine with the keyboard though.

No. What I'm saying is that LAH is in its correct ROM state, before TPA's version got botched.

TPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciWwD-2bBg

SPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389i-QhMaqM

Last edited:

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
IOS AC/DC - edit for #3.

1. Status info Broken. Nothing happens when trying to cycle through with the flipper when holding a ball.
2. Holding the right flipper up to enable the jukebox to kick the ball around to the lower play field does not always work for the super skill shot. The ball stays at the top rollover area as it does not kick out hard enough. Doesn't happen all the time but annoying.
3. Setting a high score has no buttons to select initials (known) (EDIT) - It does store the score locally.
4. Sometimes the high score "enter your initials" is activated when the score does not qualify as one of the top 4. Usually only happens one time but not sure what triggers it.
5. I'm not convinced the extra ball logic is working correctly for completing the banks twice. Without the status info it is hard to determine but getting an extra ball is really hard I have found after playing a lot of hours.

Overall a tough one to play in terms of scoring but hearing AC/DC tunes keeps drawing me back in. The high scores bug hopefully gets first priority.

Will there be a separate sub-forum created for AC/DC?

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
AC/DC on Steam: No sound effect when hitting TNT drop targets. Except the occasional "Oi!"-callout, but no real sound coming from hitting the drops.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The TnT drops only say 'Oi" when all three are knocked down, unless you have TnT's mode (with song) playing. Then you'll get the call-out when you hit one of the TnT pins.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
The TnT drops only say 'Oi" when all three are knocked down, unless you have TnT's mode (with song) playing. Then you'll get the call-out when you hit one of the TnT pins.

yeah i know, there's no other "real" sound effect, it feels very weird shooting down a drop in complete silence when there is no Oi! I mean the mechanical sound is missing, the sound of hitting a drop target.

Last edited:

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
IOS AC/DC - edit for #3.

1. Status info Broken. Nothing happens when trying to cycle through with the flipper when holding a ball.
2. Holding the right flipper up to enable the jukebox to kick the ball around to the lower play field does not always work for the super skill shot. The ball stays at the top rollover area as it does not kick out hard enough. Doesn't happen all the time but annoying.
3. Setting a high score has no buttons to select initials (known) (EDIT) - It does store the score locally.
4. Sometimes the high score "enter your initials" is activated when the score does not qualify as one of the top 4. Usually only happens one time but not sure what triggers it.
5. I'm not convinced the extra ball logic is working correctly for completing the banks twice. Without the status info it is hard to determine but getting an extra ball is really hard I have found after playing a lot of hours.

Overall a tough one to play in terms of scoring but hearing AC/DC tunes keeps drawing me back in. The high scores bug hopefully gets first priority.

Will there be a separate sub-forum created for AC/DC?

Add this to the list of problems on iOS. When using the touchscreen to nudge, layout B does not nudge on the left and right sides, just the middle.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
AC/DC - IOS - the Thunderstruck lights (3) need a lighting adjustment so you can see them when they are lit/flashing. You can barely see them in the Thunderstruck song mode.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
+1. By any chance, is it during the Prime Directive II mission? Had failed this mission (timed it out) and then it crashed.
I don't think so. Seemed to be pretty random. I also played through Prime Directive II a few times.

Edit: Just crashed during Space Jump II.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I've had it crash during multiball, non-mode single ball play, when restarting, during Klingon, yeah pretty much very random. I don't think I've played prime directive II even once.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
AC/DC iOS - Song and/or loop champion scores not getting saved permanently between restarting the app. The top 4 scores do get saved but it appears to reset the others to their defaults.

Had my first crashes when trying to start AC/DC after playing it successfully hours before. It crashed on the loading screen. Had to kill app and reboot iPad Air in order for it to load without crashing.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
atleast on ACDC after first game sound volume increses highly and you need to go in menu in each subsequent game and move slider to fix sound volume. (on PC)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
AC/DC iOS - Song and/or loop champion scores not getting saved permanently between restarting the app. The top 4 scores do get saved but it appears to reset the others to their defaults.

This is the way every table in TPA behaves as well, don't expect it to change for SPA.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
SPA iOS: you can only save one highscore when you reach a score that is in the default list. Afterwards it won't update anymore, even if it let's you input your initials. Example: my first Star Trek highscore was 30M, that was saved and is on the leaderboard. Subsequently I reached 200 and 300M scores, and they weren't saved on local highscore list and Farsight leaderboard. Confirmed also for AC/DC.

SPA iOS: nudging is wonky. It does work partly but it is very unpredictable and unusable in a game this way.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Generally on PC, the default light settings are way too bright, especially in inlanes where it's just completely brightly washed out, but applicable overall. Maximizing both brightness sliders to 100 is completely exaggerated and useless looks like staring into headlights but minimizing everything at 0 is still way too bright. This is also the first impressions I've gotten from pin people who are casual TPA users and generally don't engage in TPA community communication. Is this some kind of carryover bug from fixing of the initially overly dark ps4 tables?

Mustang, steam and android: If ball is trapped on right flipper, it doesn't lie still, it keeps twitching like it's alive or something.

Mustang, android: Unable to select mode before launch as the right flipper is inactive at plunger view, so you have to start with drag race every game.

And again want to push to fix the GAMEBREAKING Star Trek crashing on Steam!!!!!!

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hello everyone, this is how AC/DC looks on iPhone 6+., (IOS 10.2,) its not properly centered and im missing something below the flippers, it seems like its zoomed in tomuch & DMD is very small., does anyone have the same issue ?
2cb7d4bd36d6ac17855b21a47526f5e3.png

It looks okay on Ipad Air 2 though
591a62be2a2f8f6580120a95ed8e3414.jpg

Last edited:

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
SPA iOS: you can only save one highscore when you reach a score that is in the default list. Afterwards it won't update anymore, even if it let's you input your initials. Example: my first Star Trek highscore was 30M, that was saved and is on the leaderboard. Subsequently I reached 200 and 300M scores, and they weren't saved on local highscore list and Farsight leaderboard. Confirmed also for AC/DC.

SPA iOS: nudging is wonky. It does work partly but it is very unpredictable and unusable in a game this way.

Hey Slam. This has been true for me on Star Trek but AC/DC updates every time I beat my previous high score.
Sorry extork but I finally got ya!!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'll check it out again, haven't played much AC/DC, but I knowfor sure it happened at least once!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.