First Impressions

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
After I played this table a couple of times I went back and read the instructions to see if that really was all there was to it. Apparently it was. Make the hands in the order they tell you to. The end.

And yet it was a lot of fun and I'll probably be playing it a fair bit more. I guess I like having very specific things to shoot for and the table telling me exactly what those things are (see: Eight-Ball Deluxe).

This and Centigrade 37 are probably the fastest two tables I've ever made standard goals on. I think they must have run out of standard goals on this one. Make the Spade lane? Really? The one that's easiest to hit?

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Plays well, seems free of major bugs. It's not as pretty as centigrade 37 but I do love drop targets so I bet I will get my money's worth. Definitely a better job from farsight than that mess bonebusters or the equally buggy dr who.

FrankenBall

Feb 20, 2015
I agree they both play well, no seeming immediate physics issues. I too made the standard goals on each of these in one game each, and I'm not a very good wizard either. Wiz goals seem more challenging. The classic and appealing art is a blessing after BB's...busy design. I played the Jacks Open SS at a cafe in New Orleans this autumn (BIG shout to the Mystic Krewe of the Silver Ball for getting those tables out in public for us travelers to play!) and it was good, and so's the port-over on these two. Simple but fun rules sets. Almost got the special on C37 on my first game, but......drain. I'm hard to impress with EM's, but these are good. (Added) 3:15 my time now, got game around 10 AM today. Wizard goals done. EM rulesets don't seem to give the developers lots of goals to play with...

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Shots off the rubbers behind the drops lead to deadly power drains on EMs in my experience, are they not too forgiving here?

Really liking this one thanks farsight

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Both JO and C37 are a close second for best table this season after 8 Ball Deluxe as far as I'm concerned. After the crapfest that was Big Hurt and Bone Busters and the super buggy Dr Who and Indy 500, these two have made me feel less the fool for buying the season in advance.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
Both JO and C37 are a close second for best table this season after 8 Ball Deluxe as far as I'm concerned. After the crapfest that was Big Hurt and Bone Busters and the super buggy Dr Who and Indy 500, these two have made me feel less the fool for buying the season in advance.

I think exactly the inverse
Just a matter of taste

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Downloaded and gave the trial versions a whirl on iOS. Why-oh-why can't we buy the season on iOS? Why!? (I know why, I just hate it.)

Clearly, these tables could give BigShot a run for the money as my favorite old-school table. I might have to buy these early. I've been tempted by most of the releases this season – oh-so-close to purchasing DocWho & 8Ball on several occasions – but these are just my cup of tea. I don't think I can wait. Pretty sure I can't. Heck, I'm at work, busy as all get-out and behind on a project, and I can't stop playing the stupid shortened sample games. Not really due until tomorrow, tho. One more go.

Aw crud. Just bought it. Couldn't even finish this stupid message board post before I crumbled. I think I have a problem.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I really like this table too. I have to restrain my tendency to trap the ball, because that usually results in it rolling up to the gap in the outlane. The wimpy slingshots also surprised me. I find it a real challenge to make the target combinations. I can see where being able to trap the ball would make those shots a bit too easy. The table has simple objectives but they're by no means easy to achieve -- just the kind of table I enjoy.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
Wizard goals way too easy. Finished the first day. Fireball was the only other table I finished in the first day.

Agree. JTO was by far my fastest for all wizard goals (about an hour) and I'm not even close to being one of the top dogs around here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.