What's the deal with this pin???

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Alright. I never really watched this show. In fact, when I saw it on PBS when I was a little one in the mid 80's I asked my grandmother to change the channel to some Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes. It was just "so f*cking weird." Now I get the music is similar to a Pink Floyd instrumental. And that's fine. No complaints here. But what's with the weird speech? "YOU ARE MY PRISONER!" What the hell is that? What's a Day Lick? What's a console and why does it have "factors?" Warp factor?

Now onto the game. I just keep going for multi ball and having this weird voice scream at me over and over again. What else am I supposed to do? All the while in the background that music is playing. Oooo we oooooooo...we oooo oooo. If this was the real deal I'd want to put my finger in the "Time Expander" (WTF is that!?) and have it chop it off. Supposedly the motor is strong enough to do so...:confused:

Seriously, I never saw this one at the local Pizza Hut as a kid. I think they had Getaway or Fish Tales. So, I never played it then and I didn't watch the show so, please, what the heck is going on here?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
http://www.bbc.com/drwho will answer most of everything.

As for the "plot" of the table... umm... it was made up specifically for the table. The Time Expander in particular. Seriously, read the flyer, it's as good an explanation of that particular McGuffin as anywhere else.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
If you want to get a bit more out of the Pinball Machine try and watch Dr Who: The Five Doctors if you can, on DVD. It will give you an insight of how 5 of the Doctor's can all be in the same place at the same time. The Master is also in it, (the guy you see at the bottom of the table).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Doctors

Last edited:

AJB

Sep 11, 2016
The Pink Floyd instrumental is based on the theme music to the TV series, not the other way around. The strange voices are exactly how the Daleks speak in the TV show. And as pointed out above, the Time Expander (& subsequent 'time factors') were made up for the pinball game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.