TPA 6.10.0 - What's fixed? What isn't?

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
The new TPA was released via the App store yesterday, and in addition to the expected new table, it appears that the 'Back' button on the table select screen is once again working! :)

I haven't had much time to go looking for other improvements, or bugs, for that matter... Has anyone else noticed improvements, or problems with this latest version of TPA for the Mac?

(We're still using the 'old' UI, but I kind of expected that...)

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Weird - Nada here... neither App Store or Steam

Yesterday you say?

I thought Steam was suppose to be quicker since it didn't have to clear Apple.
That was why I switched

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
The "go back" button is fixed but one bug still remains in the UI: scrolling up to choose the table

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I've also noticed that the score display on Centigrade 37 has been made larger, to address being partially obscured by the camera controls. Perhaps not a perfect solution, but it's certainly better than it was...:)
[MENTION=4083]MadAxeMan[/MENTION] - Any word on the Steam version?

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
I feel like such an idiot to be involved with the Mac App Store version. After buying a few seasons of tables I was told by farsight that the steam version was better. So I started buyin tables on steam. It's the same fu#*ing thing as Mac App Store. As a true devotee to The Pinball Arcade i always thought that Farsight studios would come up with a kick ass version for Mac. But it appears it is not worth their time or energy.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I feel like such an idiot to be involved with the Mac App Store version. After buying a few seasons of tables I was told by farsight that the steam version was better. So I started buyin tables on steam. It's the same fu#*ing thing as Mac App Store. As a true devotee to The Pinball Arcade i always thought that Farsight studios would come up with a kick ass version for Mac. But it appears it is not worth their time or energy.

I avoided that problem. I have a Windows virtual machine so I got Steam for Windows. The tables there look way better than the Mac version. They're still not as good as the PS versions, but I can live with them. The only frustrating aspect is that since the tables are tied to the Windows version, they aren't accessible in Steam on the Mac or iPad.

IMO, if Farsight is going to keep giving us lesser versions for Mac and iPad, they should make the tables one purchase across all those platforms. It makes no sense that I have to buy a Mac version and an iPad version, when they're identical (except for the non-updated Mac interface).

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
When you buy the "Steam" version, you get the supported platforms of Steam...that's both Mac and Windows versions. Granted that the PC/Windows version is superior to the Mac version (better graphics and customizable controls).
iOS, Android, PS, whatever are different stores and thus different/separate purchases (which, IMO isn't very cool. Alas, that's how Farsight makes their money).

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I thought I'd also point out that with this version, there appears to be a 'crackle' in the audio for many of the tables... Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Update: Were implementing the Controller and Keyboard screen into the Mac versions. Once we have it in, we'll have to run a few test but so far things are going smoothly.

This means you'll be able to use a controller and enter a screen like the PC - Steam version to change your controller config.

It also means you can change keyboard controls as well.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Outstanding!

In the meantime, could someone perhaps provide exactly what the configurable controls are/will be?

(A strange request, I know, but I have my reasons...:eek:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.