pixel 2 - TPA/SPA not working.

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
Neither TPA or SPA seem to work on the new google pixel 2 phone.

You have to long press everything. ha ha ha. if you just tap a button... nothing happens. But if you long press... tap and hold for maybe 1/2 a second it works. Unfortunately this behavior continued after starting a game. A half second delay makes it very unplayable.

SPA does the same thing. I also noticed if you hold up one flipper when you tap to activate the other flipper there is no delay.

Was excited to play TPA/SPA on my new phone... guess I have to wait for an update now. sigh.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
You're seeing this on the current Google Play release, right?

We don't even have a release date for the Pixel 2 in Australia yet.

And you're saying the touch screen response is the issue here.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yes Jared, it has been released and out in the wild. The world does not revolve around Australia.
Sorry I think you misunderstood my mention of Australia availability.

I was merely commenting that we haven't got an official date for device yet. I failed to add that I'm really looking forward to getting one!

Decided to look on the Aussie store tonight and it looks like we'll get them shipped in late Nov!

As you were...

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
You're seeing this on the current Google Play release, right?

We don't even have a release date for the Pixel 2 in Australia yet.

And you're saying the touch screen response is the issue here.

Yep. After I posted that I realized this could be an Android 8.0 issue.

Yeah everything seems to work ok... or at least as good as before. It's just the weird delay on touches. And it's not just a delay.. you have to press and hold for a 1/2 second. if you just tap it does nothing. Took me a while to figure out this was what it was doing.

The pixel 2 was officially released yesterday in the USA. But I got mine in the mail on Wed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yep. After I posted that I realized this could be an Android 8.0 issue.

Yeah everything seems to work ok... or at least as good as before. It's just the weird delay on touches. And it's not just a delay.. you have to press and hold for a 1/2 second. if you just tap it does nothing. Took me a while to figure out this was what it was doing.

The pixel 2 was officially released yesterday in the USA. But I got mine in the mail on Wed.
I've just tested the latest build (Ghostbusters) on the Pixel XL (Gen 1) running Android 8 latest and I don't have issues with the input long press.

Because the phone is so new, that would rule out any stale cache issues.

Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall?

Also, just checking you did a full game backup through the app on your old device so you could restore settings to your new Pixel 2?

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
I didn't do the data transfer. I did fresh install of spa and tpa. So seems like it is phone dependent. Which means it could be a long time before this gets fixed. I haven't noticed this behavior in any other apps.

wglong

Jan 3, 2016
I can confirm I’m seeing the same problem. Menus along with flipper action requires you to hold down the screen for a second or more or like the flippers are delayed. I am running a Google pixel XL on Oreo 8.0. It’s unusable.

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
I can confirm I’m seeing the same problem. Menus along with flipper action requires you to hold down the screen for a second or more or like the flippers are delayed. I am running a Google pixel XL on Oreo 8.0. It’s unusable.

Are you using a pixel 2 XL or the original? Someone else said they were running oreo w/o issues so it seems like it's a pixel issue.

Not sure who to complain to.

At least hangouts finally started showing my contacts names and not just phone numbers. I try TPA about once a week hoping the issue is magically fixed. Want to play GB so bad on my new phone. I've probably played 2-3 full games with the weird delay. Would be a fun handicap mode - like no hold flippers on WOZ.

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
just an update. this still isn't fixed. I contacted farsight and they said they didn't have a pixel 2 to test on. So I guess we have to wait until they buy a pixel 2 phone. It's been two months now. I am starting to see bad reviews in the play store for people with pixel 2's. So I decided to break out my nexus 7 to play one. Oh yeah TPA no longer works on the nexus 7. Lots of bad reviews for that too. Guess it's a good thing I kept my nexus 6p. So I've bought every table all at full price... and the app only works on 33% of my devices.

mizary

Jun 14, 2017
UPDATE!!!

I did a factory reset on my phone today after reading about someone with a similar problem fixing their issue with a factory reset.

Well it fixed mine as well. Pretty happy. Sucks I waited this long to try the fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.