no news is no news

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I was just wondering if there's any news, or progress that can be shared concerning the Mac version of TPA. I'm not asking for a release date, or demanding a deadline for fixes to problems that Farsight is well aware of, just some reassurance that problems are being addressed, and fixes are forthcoming...:)

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Hey Mamebase,

Unfortunately, the Mac version is going to be delayed until probably late January/ early February. But yes we should have some fixes coming with this release as-well. In the meantime if you would like to transfer any mac purchases to the windows version or mobile. Send an email to support@farsightstudios.com. We apologize for the delay.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
But... Steam OSX Season 7 was on the top of my Christmas gift list *insert deflating sound effect*
me to all my friends and family said:
"Get me a bunch of iTunes cards! I am so going to load up on remaining Pinball Arcade Seasons for the iOS! They always have big holiday sales! This is going to be so AWESOME!
...and all I got was STTNG for $1 (already had Season 3)
True story LOL
...*sigh*

About a month ago, I was talking about Pinball Arcade to a friend, telling him how it was my favorite game for awhile, even though OSX has been broken since summer, it still was my favorite. I realized it was more than that, Pinball Arcade had moved into my all time favorite game.
So, congrats to Farsight ~ you'll always have my support.

Hmmmm dilemmas/dilemmas....
OSX is my main platform, it's where I spend my days (and nights) working.
While I would love to be able to play my beloved Pinball Arcade on OSX
I can't help but wonder if the transfer proposal is a sign of it's demise.
Comparatively, OSX is easily on the bottom and probably the least cash cow as well.

But, If I transfer to iOS, 1-6 seasons, it will cancel out all my previous iOS table purchases.
Come Jan/Feb, I'll then have nothing left for OSX (if an update does materialize, fingers crossed) Unless I get transferred back
Plus I'm giving up the Steam PC Pinball Arcade option, which is really the ultimate way to go (which I don't currently have)
But then I ask myself "but am I holding out for a lost cause with OSX?"

Had there been a big iOS Christmas Sale last year... LOL

Such hard decisions:
Abandon ship/lose old iOS purchases, but get to play
Or hold out (possibly indefinite) and don't get to play

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I think I'm going to hold.
The transfer offer is probably meant for those that may feel disgruntle
and I don't feel disgruntle (ymmv)

I'll just email questions I may have :)

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
[MENTION=3213]Mike Lindsey[/MENTION] - Thank you for the response, and the transfer offer! :)

Just knowing that the problems are being addressed, and a fix is forthcoming is enough for now.

I truly enjoy TPA on my iMac, and look forward to being able to play it again.

In the meantime, if at all possible, a periodic update on the progress would be most welcome, if only to reassure those of us waiting that progress is, in fact being made...:cool:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm not holding my breath, but I'll wait a bit longer. The Mac version has been a sad neglected version for years now. I doubt the graphics will get an overhaul to match the Windows version but hopefully it'll at least be playable, without the notorious slowdowns. I've pretty much given up playing it on Mac. I did try out the Mac version again today and there's a new bug in Addams Family: the upper right flipper now works intermittently. If I need to play TPA, I'll stick with the iOS version.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
With the latest iOS PA version crashing on me *sigh* (iPad air, iOS 11)
No pinball arcade for for me now on iOS and no OSX
I noticed our long awaited beloved OSX "probably" update, was still a no slow.

I just did a google search to see if Farsight Studios was hiring OSX programmers (seems pretty logical why such a long delay, no?)
Instead, I found the PA in the Mac App Store rating has plummeted to messily 1.7 stars over this :(
No idea what it was previously rated, but the shown reviews reflect it's current issues.
This has me really worried, we've had a non-working version for so long, it might have reached why even bother fixing it status.
No one buys 1.7 star rated games.... (Well, that's entirely true, Because I will! if they ever update it)

Hopefully, they give us an update on where the OSX stands soon :)
(and also get the latest iOS version fixed)

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
we've had a non-working version for so long, it might have reached why even bother fixing it status.

Agreeing with that. If someone asks me about TPA, I will directly answer not to buy on Mac, whatever App Store or Steam. PC is the way to go (because of superior graphics and stuff)

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
With the latest iOS PA version crashing on me *sigh* (iPad air, iOS 11)
No pinball arcade for for me now on iOS and no OSX
iOS must of just been a fluke or something, it was playing fine last night. :)

[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], any update on OSX update?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
iOS must of just been a fluke or something, it was playing fine last night. :)

[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION], any update on OSX update?

The update will most likely come at the end of the month or early March. I'm not sure what we'll be able to have fixed by then but we are trying to get the remaining tables up and running.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The update will most likely come at the end of the month or early March. I'm not sure what we'll be able to have fixed by then but we are trying to get the remaining tables up and running.

Being able to actually nudge on a keyboard. That would be useful. As it stands, I can't change the controls and there aren't even default nudge keys assigned. It is worse than before the brief period when you could assign keyboard controls.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Woohoo! ~ I finally got my DX11 pinball arcade machine running again! (talk about night and day)

Which probably means the long awaited OSX update is coming very soon.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Newsletter indicates Mac version "coming soon" (still delayed)

It appears they are also ending seasons and monthly releases model, but will still work on fixes as they make new tables and features.
Since we missed season 7 and the monthly tables the past year. The new plan sounds no different LOL

Robobi

Jan 31, 2015
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] can we get an update please!?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.