ball physics

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Hey Friends, I used to play a lot of TPA on pc a couple of time ago. When I got my Rift I lost interest. I have a TAB A for a couple of time now and play some tables here and there. When I download Monster Bash some days ago I recognized that I love the table and its rules. But the physics are far from perfect. The is too light and other attributes seem to be incorrect as well. I rembered that a lot of people dont rate TPA much because of the physics. The flippers physics felt wrong here and there. Then I downloaded T2 and I was pretty much stunned. For me it felt as if it is doing everything right, what MB is doing wrong. Is it just me or are there big differences in physics from table to table? If so, which 90s tables come with good physics as T2?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
T2 recently had a tuning pass, and the physics are significantly improved. MB didn't get the same treatment (yet). Farsight have said they'll do another month's break between S7 and S8 so maybe some more tables will get updates like T2.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
T2 recently had a tuning pass, and the physics are significantly improved. MB didn't get the same treatment (yet). Farsight have said they'll do another month's break between S7 and S8 so maybe some more tables will get updates like T2.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Great to hear! Do you know any other tables that already have improved physics?

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Mate, is it T2 only that have the upgraded physics so far? It feels damn amazing and all other tables I tested feel so bad now. Hopefully Farsight is going to update all other tables soon. They could make some cash and offer the tables as a 2.0 version and ask for 0.5-1.0 $/€ additional for each table.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Ok, I love to talk to myself. I shot e message to farsight and got the response that Scared Stiff also got physics tuning recently. I have the PC version but dont have access to it at the moment. The android demo version doesnt feel much different to other tables. Can anyone confirm that the full version runs as stunning as the tuned T2?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think you will find your mission a difficult one. The problem is that each is tuned independently and therefore can feel pretty different. None have ball spin, so that is one issue that every pin has. Other than that, ball speed, bouciness, flipper friction, flipper strength, pops strength, all vary from pin to pin. In real life white rubbers usually feel bouncier than black rubbers. EMs are slower and floatier (as they should be). They do their best to make each pin feel like the real pin they have in their offices.
When you come across a pin that varies widely from your real life experience, let Farsight know. Tell them what you think is off, so when they do a tuning pass, they can adjust in the right direction.
I play on iOS, so I’m sure some of the pins feel quite different on PC than what I’m used to. So even our opinions on what feels most life like would probably differ. On iOS, for the most part, pins in early seasons don’t feel as good as more recent seasons do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.