Ask Me Almost Anything

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I don't decide which tables get picked or when season 8 happens and I guess one of those really expensive license tables like family guy or GoT, but I haven't spent much time playing tables we don't have at the office. I've been to the banning museum a few times, but I'm usually working.

I'm 31 and grew up playing N64 and PC games, I kind of missed the arcade scene, but my dad loved all that stuff; Pong, Space Invaders, his favorite table was Black Knight 2k I think. My favorite non-pinball game is Half-Life 2 and it's how I got into game development. I made levels and worked on mods for that game in 2004+

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the chance to communicate [MENTION=7069]FarSight_Matt[/MENTION], great to see you on here.

Could you have a look at Wild Card and Spanish eyes? They both are missing text that shows the 'when lt' value for the outlanes. (PC)

Also of great importance to me is the credit window that shows the free games or specials that have been earned during gameplay. I really wish you guys could add this in for all the EMs, I think only El Dorado has it as of now. Not quite art but it is visual for the window to be seen during gameplay. Hearing that knock and seeing the credits earned is part of the replay value of real EMs and the simulation would be better with it

O.t. does the Spanish Eyes you guys have give extra balls? It should but does not in game, wanted to ask before sending an email

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the chance to communicate [MENTION=7069]FarSight_Matt[/MENTION], great to see you on here.

Could you have a look at Wild Card and Spanish eyes? They both are missing text that shows the 'when lt' value for the outlanes. (PC)

Also of great importance to me is the credit window that shows the free games or specials that have been earned during gameplay. I really wish you guys could add this in for all the EMs, I think only El Dorado has it as of now. Not quite art but it is visual for the window to be seen during gameplay. Hearing that knock and seeing the credits earned is part of the replay value of real EMs and the simulation would be better with it

O.t. does the Spanish Eyes you guys have give extra balls? It should but does not in game, wanted to ask before sending an email

I have no hand in any UI related stuff. I don't think we ever had Spanish Eyes, we went to Banning for that table so I never got to play it. I'm not sure what you mean by the when lit text, https://i.imgur.com/Q4wb0gh.png

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Left side is missing 10000 on the outlane, Wild Card.

Both outlanes are missing 5,000 above the red arrows, Spanish Eyes.

Pretty sure that's what he meant.

Ahh, ok, yeah I see the 10k missing on DX11. For some reason it exists in DX9 but not 11. I'll fix those issues. By the way, I have about 4 hours today to fix any art related issues.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
X89nLzW.png

Fixed

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Nice thank you! Exactly what I meant, should have said numbers not text

Just so I understand, the credit window & score are part of the ui?

Also, from the op, you are saying no changes can be made to anything prior to Wipeout?

Thanks again good job :)

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Nice thank you! Exactly what I meant, should have said numbers not text

Just so I understand, the credit window & score are part of the ui?

Also, from the op, you are saying no changes can be made to anything prior to Wipeout?

Thanks again good job :)

I work on the 3D assets and everything that goes into that stuff, anything 2D like UI and promotional stuff is usually other people... when those people are absent I may fill in for them, but I'm not sure how the UI even works or what files I would need to change. And if I don't fully understand something I don't want to go tinkering with it so as to not break anything.

Another note as to when these changes will go out, I'll notify the programmers, but it takes time to recompile and resubmit a table so I'm not sure when these changes will go live.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Last time I looked Black Hole had a strip of detail missing where the two playfield textures meet.
https://i.imgur.com/7FnTl5P.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have a better lookin White Water back there would ya?
https://i.imgur.com/0CiD0LL.jpg

I'll fix Black Hole, but it's really annoying. Have to paint a line of pixels in a bunch of textures. We'd have to reshoot White Water to fix that, it's also probably buried away somewhere in our garage.

https://youtu.be/XOLm5KCdbIA

Actually not seeing the line anywhere but on the screen right side, not sure how they built the playfields back then. There's 2 top and bottom textures and there's 8 other textures that split the playfield even more. I'm guessing the 2 bigger textures are being used just in that screen right area and the other textures are used in the main area... no idea, it's weird though.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
https://youtu.be/XOLm5KCdbIA

Actually not seeing the line anywhere but on the screen right side, not sure how they built the playfields back then. There's 2 top and bottom textures and there's 8 other textures that split the playfield even more. I'm guessing the 2 bigger textures are being used just in that screen right area and the other textures are used in the main area... no idea, it's weird though.

Captive* Hole on the left, next to the blue circle, is where it's short and I see that in game on PC and in that video.

2CZpFbt.png
T8lrfKR.png

the streaks dont line up, while the H in Hole is cut in half as is the E in Captive. My previous post spaced the textures out correctly, the black line is content missing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.