Ask Me Almost Anything

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Any conclusions on the Sorcerers table?

I added a metal texture to the pieces near the flippers, gave the rubber a texture, shaded the red posts... but I forgot to check it all in because I was planning on doing more, it should be in the next update. I updated the trello with what I changed, but it's from Maya viewport not in-game.

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
How does Sorcerer look in Maya, in relation to the half-tone beard and lightning (above the S-O-R-etc letters)?

In game it has reflections, the textures are lit differently, the camera's FoV is different and anti aliasing is different.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
DOoJO2y.jpg

Rendering baked lighting now, thought I'd post a little preview. This is a render within Maya, not the engine.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Any news on physics 4.0? I think the TPA and SPA tables look nice. I sense you guys are genuine pinball fans. My guess is the pace you set for yourselves prevented you from revisiting the physics engine. I’m hoping that with the break from seasons it may get some attention (?) Maybe I’m in a minority, but the physics are what keep me from buying you guys’ stuff (beyond a table here and there). Otherwise, I’d be all in. Lots of pins in my garage, but few on the hard drive.

I mean this respectfully. We’re all pinball fans afterall!

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Let's just say no programmer or artist is ever not busy at FarSight. I don't know what's going on with Physics 4.0

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Will there be bug fix updates in place of new table releases or will there be no schedule?

There isn't a schedule I can tell you about.

I was curious if there was any table on your wish list, not in TPA, you would like to do the art work on???

I really like all the new Stern tables and would enjoy making them all, but not entirely possible. We played a lot of them at the Arcade Expo last weekend. Aerosmith is fun, oh and that new Houdini table is neat (not Stern, but it's cool)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Not sure if this has been mentioned, Haunted House needs the fix bad. Try a glowball on that one to see for yourself. lines in the playfield effect the shadow or 'glow' that follows the ball, this is just a visual nuisance that detracts from enjoyment for me, but worst is the lower playfield has a sunglasses effect on the ball anywhere just beyond the flippers.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351516942

Sure you could say just use something other than a glowball, but I dont wanna, and what if there is 'that one guy' who only bought the Haunted House pack and glowballs so far, not likely to get more...

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
Not sure if this has been mentioned, Haunted House needs the fix bad. Try a glowball on that one to see for yourself. lines in the playfield effect the shadow or 'glow' that follows the ball, this is just a visual nuisance that detracts from enjoyment for me, but worst is the lower playfield has a sunglasses effect on the ball anywhere just beyond the flippers.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1351516942

Sure you could say just use something other than a glowball, but I dont wanna, and what if there is 'that one guy' who only bought the Haunted House pack and glowballs so far, not likely to get more...

I can't fix that, programmer/engine thing.

Members online

Members online