Official Announcement.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Sent a message through Facebook to TPA and this was the response: We have talked to our manager and it looks like we are not allowed to pput it up for sale, but since it is a free table it will be removed. We are very sorry for the trouble.

I received the same response to the first email I sent to Farsight. My follow up email to them received the response I posted above. I received it only 4 hours ago. When did they respond to your post on Facebook?

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014

You are an hour behind me, so both emails I received were after yours.

At 1:51 pm EDT I received the response:

"From our understanding there is no way to own the Tales of the Arabian nights table and it will be removed form the Pinball Arcade. We are sorry for the trouble. "

After receiving this response I sent a follow up email and at 3:55 pm EDT I received the response:

"We have just talked to our managers and it looks like we will be adding the Tales of the Arabian Nights table as part of the app. It will essentially be tied to the UI so all players will still have this table"

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
As I see it, the people who purchased the Season 1 Pro pass do own ToTAN because the free table is the standard version and not the Pro version. Also, ToTAN is a table included in the $149 Arcooda Steam key package to unlock cabinet support, for which you have to own the table in order for it to do so. So basically when I purchase the key I will in a sense have purchased the rights to ToTAN twice.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
As I see it, the people who purchased the Season 1 Pro pass do own ToTAN because the free table is the standard version and not the Pro version. Also, ToTAN is a table included in the $149 Arcooda Steam key package to unlock cabinet support, for which you have to own the table in order for it to do so. So basically when I purchase the key I will in a sense have purchased the rights to ToTAN twice.

I'm hoping you are right, TotAN is one of my favorite tables.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'm hoping you are right, TotAN is one of my favorite tables.

According to Tom Delaney anywone with the Core Pack or Season pass should be able to keep it:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13273-Does-the-Season-1-pass-include-the-core-pack
If you buy the season one pack, you will get get the core pack (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole). As for TOTAN, it's free right now, but whoever doesn't own the season one pass will not be able to play it after the separation.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I've seen a lot of people on iOS confused about how they can buy the free tables of the month (Addams Family, et) as the option is not available in the app

Also, can anyone confirm that there's plans to add Flight 2000 to the Stern Pinball Arcade app, at least on Switch?

Literally the only way to get it on Switch is to buy Stern Bundle 1 in TPA but many of us already did in SPA for Switch where the table is absent.

I love that table but it's not worth $20 alone.

I'll pay $5, though.

I don't suppose there's any way to enable cross buy on Switch between the two apps like other platforms? Because it seems kind of silly to have the two apps on Switch now that AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang are in TPA.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Also, can anyone confirm that there's plans to add Flight 2000 to the Stern Pinball Arcade app, at least on Switch?
There are no plans. SPA was commissioned by Stern Pinball and they see Stern Electronics (Flight 2000) as a separate entity.

swuth66

FarSight Employee
Apr 6, 2018
I've seen a lot of people on iOS confused about how they can buy the free tables of the month (Addams Family, et) as the option is not available in the app

Literally the only way to get it on Switch is to buy Stern Bundle 1 in TPA but many of us already did in SPA for Switch where the table is absent.

I love that table but it's not worth $20 alone.

I'll pay $5, though.

I don't suppose there's any way to enable cross buy on Switch between the two apps like other platforms? Because it seems kind of silly to have the two apps on Switch now that AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang are in TPA.

I am currently working with the eShop team at Nintendo on providing a cross-buy solution for the table packs between SPA and TPA on Switch. We should have a solution for this in place with the next patch.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
This is really good to hear.

If nothing else, making Flight 2000 available in SPA as part of Bundle 1, or at least sold seperately for $5, would be enough to make me happy.

slicer1000

Jul 25, 2012
Have a couple of question around the delisting. I had this on the 360 but stopped with it after the total mess that version became. I recently pick up a PS4 and with some very gritted teeth have bought season 1-7 passes the basic ones.

1) If I own season pass one I will be able to keep tales of the arabian nights?

2) I assume the pro modes will also be removed from sale as well?

3) Will any bugs relating to the Williams or bally be fixed I notice in No good goofers the table plunger is wrong also when playing in 4k there was a very slight frame rate issue on PS4 (I do have the ability to capture the console though not in a 4k play mode if people ever want video footage of issues)

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Have a couple of question around the delisting. I had this on the 360 but stopped with it after the total mess that version became. I recently pick up a PS4 and with some very gritted teeth have bought season 1-7 passes the basic ones.

1) If I own season pass one I will be able to keep tales of the arabian nights?

2) I assume the pro modes will also be removed from sale as well?

3) Will any bugs relating to the Williams or bally be fixed I notice in No good goofers the table plunger is wrong also when playing in 4k there was a very slight frame rate issue on PS4 (I do have the ability to capture the console though not in a 4k play mode if people ever want video footage of issues)
1) If you own the season, you should keep it.
2) I don't know if this has been answered.
3) Improvements on Playstation?! :D Actually, for the PS4, possibly.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Will the last gen + Vita versions be delisted? The free version is just a demo and can't be used with DLC.

You have to buy the $10 version that comes with the core pack.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The rule is if you have Pro TOTAN on your farsight account for your platform, or a console core pack, OR a season 1 pass on your platform, you get to keep it.

If you have none of the three, you can't keep it on that platform.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Last edited:

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
I saw that this was asked above, but I didn't see an answer - anyone know yet if purchasing regular Seasons will allow us to upgrade them to Pro later? I'd like to buy the 4 Seasons I have outstanding on PS4 and save $40 in the process if I can.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I saw that this was asked above, but I didn't see an answer - anyone know yet if purchasing regular Seasons will allow us to upgrade them to Pro later? I'd like to buy the 4 Seasons I have outstanding on PS4 and save $40 in the process if I can.
I doubt it seeing after the 29th those tables will be gone, with no chance to purchase them.

I sacrificed not getting the Pro Tables just so I could get the last five seasons on my PS4.

Hope this info helps.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
An easy way to avoid issues with free tables being unable to buy, FS should only have Stern and Gottlieb tables as free tables in June, nothing Williams / Bally so people whom it affects can buy any WMS game they want.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The whole point of the free table is to encourage buying it after the fact, so there's no point to offering Williams/Bally tables free now anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.