*New for 2018* Top Ten Most Wanted Tables - GOTTLIEB/PREMIER (SS NON-LICENSED)

What GOTTLIEB/PREMIER (SS NON-LICENSED) tables do you want added to TPA?

• Total voters

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Since the previous poll I posted about this is now FOUR YEARS OLD and some of the tables in the previous poll have actually shown up in the game, I figured it might be time for a brand new survey.

NOT officially sanctioned by FarSight... just for fun and curiosity... what are your TOP 10 GOTTLIEB/PREMIER (SS NON-LICENSED) tables of what's left, that you would like to see on The Pinball Arcade?

(You can vote for up to 10 tables).

Info about each of the choices can be found at the links below, thanks to the IPDB...

Alien Star (1984)
Amazon Hunt (1983)
Arena (1987)
Bad Girls (1988)
Big House (1989)
Bounty Hunter (1985)
Car Hop (1991)
Count-Down (1979)
Deadly Weapon (1990)
Devil's Dare (1982)
Diamond Lady (1988)
Excalibur (1988)
Force II (1981)
Genesis (1986)
Gold Wings (1986)
Hollywood Heat (1986)
Hot Shots (1989)
Joker Poker (1978)
Mars God of War (1981)
Monte Carlo (1987)
Operation : Thunder (1992)
Raven (1986)
Robo-War (1988)
Rock (1985)
Roller Disco (1980)
Solar Ride (1979)
Spirit (1982)
Spring Break (1987)
Surf 'n Safari (1991)
Volcano (1981)

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Missing a few like Pinball Pool, Sinbad, Cleopatra, Buck Rogers, Hoops, Ice Fever, Counterforce, Circus, and Asteroid Annie and the Aliens but I picked from what you had listed.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I've seen competition videos of Genesis and lots of Surf N Safari, both would be great additions. Lots of good options on this list though, it was fun looking at the IPDB links.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Hollywood Heat is one of my favorite tables ever. One of the most overlooked and underrated games of all time. After that, I'd go for Operation Thunder (been wanting this one for a long time too), Surf n Safari, Devil's Dare, and Robo War.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
The top 10, so far...

1. (TIE) Surf 'n Safari (1991) & Joker Poker (1978)
2. Devil's Dare (1982)
3. Spirit (1982)
4. Genesis (1986)
5. Operation: Thunder (1992)
6. (TIE) Alien Star (1984) & Robo-War (1988)
7. (TIE) Hot Shots (1989) & Volcano (1981)
8. (TIE) Car Hop (1991) & Count-Down (1979) & Excalibur (1988)
9. (TIE) Bad Girls (1988) & Hollywood Heat (1986) & Mars God of War (1981)
10. (TIE) Deadly Weapon (1990) & Force II (1981) & Monte Carlo (1987) & Roller Disco (1980) & Solar Ride (1979)

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
I've never played one, but Arena always looked like a neat table to me. Not performing well in the poll, however.

Sad to see Spring Break getting almost no love. You would think a table that (when changed to a different setting) can start out like Goin' Nuts with multiball right off the bat would be an attractive feature to TPA fans.

They've already said more Gottlieb Premier tables are coming, so I'm a bit surprised to see the low vote turnout for this poll in comparison to the polls of other companies.

Gottlieb tables are not nearly as poor as a lot of people try to make them out to be, so c'mon... vote! :)

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I've never played one, but Arena always looked like a neat table to me. Not performing well in the poll, however.

Sad to see Spring Break getting almost no love. You would think a table that (when changed to a different setting) can start out like Goin' Nuts with multiball right off the bat would be an attractive feature to TPA fans.

They've already said more Gottlieb Premier tables are coming, so I'm a bit surprised to see the low vote turnout for this poll in comparison to the polls of other companies.

Gottlieb tables are not nearly as poor as a lot of people try to make them out to be, so c'mon... vote! :)

I agree, just seems like people just parrot what someone had said/thought without even giving Gottlieb tables a chance. They were one of the biggest and best pinball manufacturers for EM's and I think they were very underrated for their later tables, they were very similar to Sears/JcPenney vs. Wal-Mart/Amazon. They were up against the money and big designers of Bally/Williams and did the best they could, the development time was 5-6 months compared to the 1-2 years their competitors had.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I think part of the stigma against Premier tables, at least among TPA communities, also stems from the fact that many of the Premier additions they saddled us with were ones that few people were really asking for.

LCA, Bone Busters, Victory and City of Gold probably being the biggest offenders. There are a handful of fans for each of those, but they're largely unpopular. Whereas Surf N' Safari has been the most requested non-licensed Premier for ages, not to mention Stargate and Freddy back when they still got licensed non-Stern tables, or the highly requested pre-Premier Gottlieb SS tables like Devil's Dare and Joker Poker.

I'm not sure if the Gottlieb license holder got to tell FarSight which tables to add like Scientific Games supposedly did with WMS tables, or if FarSight was just adding what they could find cheap/borrow, but regardless of who was making the calls, or why, they just added too many duds and ignored fan requests and general table popularity too much. And that unfortunately soured people on Premiers.

Just my theory anyway.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Totally agree with this - some of the more recent Gottlieb Premiers (Big Hurt, Gladiators and Wipeout) are really fun tables and very well executed by FarSight. But others like Bone Busters, Rescue 911 are not great games, and Victory and City of Gold are very divisive. I'm still hoping for Surf N' Safari to be added, I see it in a lot of competition/tournament videos and it looks like a well balanced game.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Surf 'n Safari's exclusion from TPA is kinda odd, for sure, considering how popular it is among fans.

I've never played it but are there any licensed songs in it that maybe they couldn't get the rights to use?

Hey now... Rescue 911 is good! :)

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Rescue 911 is better than Lights Camera Action, I'll give you that. Actually it's not bad, I just get so tired of waiting for the helicopter to take its journey again and again...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.