*New for 2018* Top Ten Most Wanted Tables - DATA EAST

What DATA EAST tables do you want added to TPA?

• Total voters

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Since the previous poll I posted about this is now FOUR YEARS OLD, I figured it might be time for a new one.

NOT officially sanctioned by FarSight... just for fun and curiosity... what are your TOP 10 DATA EAST tables of what's left, that you would like to see on The Pinball Arcade?

There were so few total tables of Data East, that I was able to fit most everything they've done (including a pair of prototypes just for fun) into this one poll. (You can vote for up to 10 tables).

Info about each of the choices can be found at the links below, thanks to the IPDB...

Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, The (1993)
Back to the Future (1990)
Batman (1991)
Checkpoint (non-license, 1991)
Guns ‘N Roses (1994)
Hook (1992)
Jurassic Park (1993)
King Kong (prototype, 1990)
Laser War (non-license, 1987)
Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
Monday Night Football (1989)
Playboy 35th Anniversary (1989)
RoboCop (1989)
Secret Service (non-license, 1988)
Simpsons, The (1990)
Star Trek (1991)
Star Wars (1992)
Tales From the Crypt (1993)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1991)
Time Machine (non-license, 1988)
Torpedo Alley (non-license, 1988)
Total Recall (prototype, 1990)
Who’s Tommy Pinball Wizard, The (1994)
WWF Royal Rumble (1994)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Star Wars
Tales from the Crypt
Jurassic Park
Tommy
Simpsons
Time Machine
Monday Night Football
WWF
Guns N' Roses
TMNT (nostalgia pick, hardcore TMNT fan as a kid)

Honorable mention to Maverick for all those drops.

I like a lot more Data East pins than I realized.

DE is underrated in my opinion. They're my third favorite SS manufacturer behind Bally and Williams.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends
Tales From The Crypt
Jurassic Park
Time Machine
Tommy
Star Wars
Hook
Back To The Future
Lethal Weapon 3
Robocop

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wes, thanks for redoing all the polls. The forum was a bit depressing lately. I always enjoying voting and seeing other people’s thoughts.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Wes, thanks for redoing all the polls. The forum was a bit depressing lately. I always enjoying voting and seeing other people’s thoughts.

Thanks! I thought the new polls might help fans stop focusing on what we’re losing and start focusing on what we could be getting in the future.

I’ll be putting up some Stern polls this coming week and maaaaaaaybe a Gottlieb EM poll, but man there are SO many of those tables. They made those for decades. Haha.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’ll be putting up some Stern polls this coming week and maaaaaaaybe a Gottlieb EM poll, but man there are SO many of those tables. They made those for decades. Haha.

Yes, there are so many Gottlieb EMs. Not sure how you narrow that down to 30. Unless you break it down by decade or short flipper vs modern flipper size. Or you just pick the most popular & your favorites.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Jurassic Park is a must.
Tommy isn't far behind.
I quite like Rocky & Bullwinkle, so that's in.
TFTC was fun, that's in.
Finally I'll take Guns N Roses, while I didn't like the game so much, it has the soundtrack :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Jurassic Park is a must.
Tommy isn't far behind.
I quite like Rocky & Bullwinkle, so that's in.
TFTC was fun, that's in.
Finally I'll take Guns N Roses, while I didn't like the game so much, it has the soundtrack :)

Sir, we have the same top 5 (slightly different order though). Must be a Pennsylvania thing.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Sir, we have the same top 5 (slightly different order though). Must be a Pennsylvania thing.

Swap Rocky & Bullwinkle for Star Wars and you've got my top 5. Although my 5th slot isn't really solid. GNR, Simpsons, or Time Machine could all go at #5 for me.

Last edited:

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
I found out that a friend of the family has a Data East Star Wars table.

She messaged me to see if I knew of anyone who could fix it, because it will turn on but nothing happens and you can't play it for some reason.

I asked her if they would consider selling it, and she said she would... if not for her kids and grandkids.

I totally understood but man, that was a huuuuuuuge bummer. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I found out that a friend of the family has a Data East Star Wars table.

She messaged me to see if I knew of anyone who could fix it, because it will turn on but nothing happens and you can't play it for some reason.

I asked her if they would consider selling it, and she said she would... if not for her kids and grandkids.

I totally understood but man, that was a huuuuuuuge bummer. :)

Sooo close

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
The Top 10 so far...

1. Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard, The (1994)
2. Jurassic Park (1993)
3. (TIE) Star Wars (1992) & Tales From the Crypt (1993)
4. Guns 'N Roses (1994)
5. (TIE) Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, The (1993) & Simpsons, The (1990)
6. Back to the Future (1990)
7. Time Machine (1988)
8. (TIE) Batman (1991) & RoboCop (1989)
9. (TIE) Laser War (1987) & Star Trek (1991)
10. (TIE) Hook (1992) & Playboy 35th Anniversary (1989) & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1991)

No major surprises, except maybe the strong showing for Laser War, thus far.

Kind of surprised to see such a poor showing from Lethal Weapon 3, though. I always thought that was a somewhat well-regarded table.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
There's a TMNT on site near me, I played it once, it's not all that great. I mean, it's still pinball and everything, but I won't be putting any more quarters into it, definitely not something I'd want to pay $5 for in TPA. It feels kind of like Cactus Jack's more boring green brother.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I voted for Rocky & Bullwinkle (my top pick), Tales From the Crypt (my second pick), Back to the Future, Guns 'N Roses, Jurassic Park (my third pick), Star Trek, Star Wars, Time Machine, Tommy, and Royal Rumble. It was tempted to pick Total Recall, but that game is lost and who knows where it is, plus it just has a whitewood. (Although I still would LOVE to get the chance to at least see some gameplay of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.