Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
Hi I thought it may be interesting if people posted TV programmes and movies that featured pinball. I will kick it off with a BBC children's programme called 'Zokko'. This first aired in 1968 and featured an animated talking pinball table that was the shows host. Pretty bizarre. A movie that certainly featured a pinball table was the 1973 adaptation of the Michael Moorcock novel 'The Final Programme'. Please feel free to add to the list.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I recall seeing some in the movie MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE 1986 in the dinner and I think one kills a guy.

here I found this:In the game room of DIXIE BOY truck stop, they had a Bally Night Rider pinball game, and a Williams Pokerino

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Dazed and Confused has several machines in the youth rec. center scenes. Very easy to spot. Not sure why there's a "?" on the scene description. Must not be big fans of the movie.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out what dear leader, Gord Lacey's avatar is taken from. It appears to be an olde-timey movie starlet leaning on a pinball table, but it's too small to make out either and therefore identify it.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out what dear leader, Gord Lacey's avatar is taken from. It appears to be an olde-timey movie starlet leaning on a pinball table, but it's too small to make out either and therefore identify it.

It's a picture of him and his wife at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas after their wedding.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
There was an obscure, short-lived game show in the Seventies called "The Magnificent Marble Machine" that involved a giant pinball machine (and I do mean giant: 20 feet high and 12 feet wide, with a contestant working each flipper). The actual pinball gameplay looks sluggish, unsurprisingly, and it sounds like they struggled both with technical problems with the machine and to make the rules of the game interesting.

http://www.curtalliaume.com/mmm.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7n6Ncojx8

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
...That wasn't even the only unsuccessful attempt at the "ginormous pinball machine" theme in the Seventies. The idea seemed to be in the air somehow. There were plans for a Doctor Who feature film called "Doctor Who Meets Scratchman", starring Tom Baker, in which he fought the Devil, who, at the climax, trapped everyone in a giant pinball machine.

And Sid and Marty Krofft produced a short-lived indoor amusement park in Atlanta that had a dark ride themed to a giant pinball machine in which you rode in the ball.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The Jodie Foster character is gang raped on a pinball machine in the movie The Accused. Good movie, but I can't remember what the pinball machine was. Anyone remember the pin from that disturbing movie?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.