Any chances of good Data East tables arriving? Like Jurassic Park or TFTC

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Now that Bally and Williams tables are gone, will Farsight tap into some of the other gems from Gottleib and Data East? Some that come to mind are:

Jurassic Park
Tales From the Crypt
Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street
Tommy

Any others?

Last edited:

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
And there are also some good older Sterns:

Lord of the Rings
Simpsons Pinball Party
TRON

Also from Capcom:

Pinball Magic
Big Bang Bar
Airborne

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I assume it would all depend on if the licenses are attainable and how expensive. Same as it has always been.
The unlicensed ones should be doable though, I hope.

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
It would make sense, hope it's in the cards! Jurassic Park and Back To The Future are tricky though, because Pinball FX3 has done their original tables on both (South Park too) and other Universal properties - and might "hold" the Universal license (if that's even possible)...?

Others than the ones mentioned I would love to get:

Twister (Sega)
Space Jam (Sega - most likely won't happen, though, because Jordan's brand is so expensive and tightly guarded)
Shaq Attaq (Premier/Gottlieb - but again, Shaq's expensive brand will probably prohibit this)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Hopefully Time Machine is at least on FarSight's radar for some distant point in the future. It's the most fun of the unlicensed DE's and still deserves a spot in TPA. It's probably the most reasonable table people should be bugging them for. That or Laser War. Tommy would probably be the most likely licensed one, being that they've already licensed the song.

Not holding my breath for anything else licensed.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
If they can get Nightmare On Elm Street or Tales From The Crypt in time for Halloween that would be cool. If not, there's always Genesis.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
if they could get a sit down with FOX and somehow swing a batch deal for Simpsons Pinball Party Family Guy & X-Files... mmm pinball

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
if they could get a sit down with FOX and somehow swing a batch deal for Simpsons Pinball Party Family Guy & X-Files... mmm pinball

Disney just got DOJ approval to buy those assets like 2 days ago.

So you can pretty much lump any Fox TV licenses in with Indiana Jones, now.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing them release Robocop.

I played it quite a bit back in the day, and I remember it being extremely fast.

In fact, the one in the arcade I frequented got going so fast, the ball would occasionally go vertical off the flipper and smack noisily into the glass.

Of course, the airborne ball often jumped over the flipper – resulting in some choice profanity from yours truly... :D

Good times!

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
If we're looking at good DE/Sega games, how about Apollo 13? I'd love to see how TPA would handle that 13-ball; the capacity for staged balls is already in the codebase from STTNG.

KathyP

Jun 28, 2018
Wow I loved Jurassic Park, great table. And one that I could get replay after replay on. The visualpinball version of it wasn't too great, so would be ace to see it in tpa

Demonolith

Nov 20, 2013
If we're looking at good DE/Sega games, how about Apollo 13? I'd love to see how TPA would handle that 13-ball; the capacity for staged balls is already in the codebase from STTNG.

I second this! Apollo 13 would be amazing. I would gladly throw major cash at a kickstarter for the license if one is required

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Data East’s Star Wars was pretty fun/funny. Not sure how much easier Lucasfilm sans Lucas is to deal with on the licensing front though...

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Sry to be the nail in the coffin, but Star Wars is Not Lucas anymore, was Sold to the kraken Disney a few years ago

Members online

Members online