PS4 uk disc does not allow purchase of tables

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Apologies if this has been discussed already.
I just bought this season 1 disc and was planning on purchasing some seasons.
On load I get the 5 days left message.
Then when clicking on T2 for example it says
“There is no content. It might not be for sale yet or might no longer be for sale”
[OK]

It’s not just the Williams or Bally tables it’s all of them so far.
Is this because my disc is eu?

I am panicking now. How can I get the other seasons? Is there a way?

Thank you.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
in order to buy the tables, you have to download "Pinball Arcade" from the store and you can get seasons from there.

I do not know if you can get away with making a European PSN account, but the safest way to get your tables in time is to download Pinball Arcade and use those.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Thanks appreciate it.

So I can’t really use the disc then.
I will have to have two versions of the game?
The disc version with season 1 and the digital with the rest?

Is there a known reason the tables are unavailable from the disc ?

Cause if I can’t get them from the disc I’m done.
End of my ride?

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yes, the game ids are different if I remember correctly.

For the PS3 you could create different PSN IDs for different regions but on the PS4 it's not working that way anymore.

The best option is to buy the season 2 disc too and for the other sesaons, well, you will have a second "game".

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
I have the Season 1 and Season 2 disc (EU version I bought from ebay.co.uk) and the PS-store version. So I have 3 Pinball Arcade on my PS 4 all different version but all updates at the same time.
2-3 weeks ago I purcased the remaining 5 seasons from the PS-store. If I start the Season 1 disc I can play Season 1,3,4,5,6,7 but cannot play Season 2. If I start the Season 2 disc I can play Season 2,3,4,5,6,7 but cannot play Season 1. If I start PS-store version I can play Season 3,4,5,6,7 but cannot play Season 1 or 2.
Leaderboard is the same, but local high scores and wizard goals are different.

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
in order to buy the tables, you have to download "Pinball Arcade" from the store and you can get seasons from there.

I do not know if you can get away with making a European PSN account, but the safest way to get your tables in time is to download Pinball Arcade and use those.

I don't think Pinbot have to download "Pinball Arcade" from the store to get seasons.** They will integrate in the disc version as well. But it worth to download in order you need not insert the disc in PS4 if you want to play tables those not in the disc but downloaded.
What I am not sure that Pinbot will be able to buy individual tables but complete seasons. Very chaotic this whole thing. I bought whole seasons, but not from the game but from my PC. Went to PS store website the bought there. There will be another problem after that. So you read this topic to solve: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13368-UK-PS4-Table-Purchase-Problems

** if Pinbot is in EU with EU TPA disc.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Just to add verification as I also have S1 & S2 on disc...

Grab TPA download version, (It's FREE) and do all your buying from that. Anything you buy for the download version will also work with the disc versions. The disc versions have a different revision number than the main download app but these days it doesn't really make much of a difference as both tend to be the same when it comes to updates.

Keep the disc's as hard copy back-up in case the worst should happen say 20 or so years from now. Nice to have a physical copy any way and the download version will save you popping the disc in the drive. ;)

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
MIK, but you cannot play with season 1 or 2 tables if the corresponding disc is not inserted, do you?

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
No, obviously with S1 disc you lack S2 disc and with S2 disc you lack S1 disc... What you do to get around this is buy S1 & S2 for the download version and then both disc versions have the missing seasons, but yeah that's extra money...

If your going all the way grabbing everything days before the Williams and Bally purge then just stick with the download version. Put the disc's in storage. They may come in handy as they have before in the past - when the ball lighting first became dark, the download version was dark yet the disc versions were fine so for a month I used the disc versions.

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Well this really sucks. I’m going to end up rebuying season 1 with the downloaded version so I can have it together with the rest of my tables. Guess I could have looked in to this whole thing with the disc before buying but I really wasn’t expecting to not have access to anything at all outside of season 1 on my disc version.

And I already own season 1 on iOS. Which won’t get used much now. This double/triple purchasing for different platforms and now disc vs digital versions has to change. It ruins the experience. And let’s face it the PS4 won’t be around much longer either. Hundreds of dollars will be down the drain for these software tables.

Last edited:

tandigab

Feb 15, 2018
I bought S1+S2 discs for a total of ~30 GBP including shipping from UK to Hungary in January. Now I don't want to pay again for the downloadable S1+S2 (25GBP each). I paid 5x25 GBP for S3...S7 this month, so I don't want my wife to kill me spending another 50 GBP for pinball games. :)
So I will insert the disc if want to play with S1 or S2.
I don't know why dowloadable S1 or S2 is much more expensive than a physical disc with shipping (2000 km).
I might buy again S1 or S2 for 10-15 GBP each but not for 25GBP.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Yeah sorry guys. I was just hardcore at the time and wanted it all regardless.

Hope you get something sorted or do the right thing so your happy and don't have regrets. 3 days left to grab Williams & Bally tables and S1/S2 feature a good few of them.

Regards,

skysier

Jun 25, 2018
[MENTION=1052]pinbot[/MENTION] I have disc season 1 and season 2. For having other season you can't buy with the link on the disk.. you musst go to psn store and order on the store..
After paying the seasons. you musst download table by table..

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Well remembered skysier. If this is so and is the case as I did all my buying fron the Download version...

Yeah, S1 & S2 download directly into the app if I remember correct, but everything else after this has to be bought and downloaded from the Playstation Store directly.

BTW. Some item's may get marked up as FREE to download once they have been paid for, check back on the store to grab it. One or two tables may have a version selector and that's how to access the download once it's paid for.

skysier

Jun 25, 2018
[MENTION=6368]MIK[/MENTION] one times you have paid the season, all table are free (be carfull take the correct table pro or not pro as the mode of season you take).. If you have disk for season 1 and for season 2, you can't download again table from the season.

To control you have downloading all tables on one season go to the season on the menu, if message say "all table are buying", all pinballs are downloaded, in other case you Watch pinball not downloaded.

I have all tables, for playing season 1 I musst put disc season 1 for playing the second season I put disk season 2 for playing all other season i can choice disk season 1 or 2.

I find bad to must change the disk for playing season 1 or 2, because actually I think all tables are on the hdd with patch..

Last edited:

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
I am still debating buying the seasons (at full price, ouch) on digital release for ps4.

Definitely cheaper to get Season 1 and 2 via disc (with the annoyance of having to insert whatever disc and not being able to play all the tables together). Season 2 is only an import from UK and I am from the US.

My question is this, If I did get that export, would the trophies work on my regular Pinball Arcade North America account??

Please help, running out of time. Hard to stomach paying $210 at this point when I have had Seasons 1-4 free because of a bad software update (and not updating to the current version). Granted, trophy support was only for Season 1 at that point.

Mar 9, 2012
[MENTION=6368]MIK[/MENTION] one times you have paid the season, all table are free (be carfull take the correct table pro or not pro as the mode of season you take).. If you have disk for season 1 and for season 2, you can't download again table from the season.

To control you have downloading all tables on one season go to the season on the menu, if message say "all table are buying", all pinballs are downloaded, in other case you Watch pinball not downloaded.

I have all tables, for playing season 1 I musst put disc season 1 for playing the second season I put disk season 2 for playing all other season i can choice disk season 1 or 2.

I find bad to must change the disk for playing season 1 or 2, because actually I think all tables are on the hdd with patch..

You know of another disc game that works without being in the drive? The license is on the disc.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
I gave up on the disc choosing to have all in the same spot I purchased everything from the digital version. Disc is on the shelf.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.