Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay Obernolte is currently writing down code for metallica on bar napkins, i ran into him at a kegger and he said all tables that are not metallica is wussy crap for pansies and then he drop kicked me in the face and shouted "pantera". It was the best moment of my life.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so over a year later and still nothing from FarSight other than an advertisement for a crappy new mobile Pinball game that has nothing to do with actual Pinball tables and nothing to do with TPA...

It was obvious once Zen got the license from Williams and even more obvious and the final nail in FarSights coffin that they were done when Zen's versions was 100 times better and the closest to actual Pinball tables...

Plus, I already saw all the signs before their last season was even finished releasing completely because they had already started saying and doing the same things they did when they stopped supporting the last gen console versions. They started saying the same things about how the last table packs would be coming "soon" and how it was taking an extremely long time between releases and patch fixes...

I know some of you held out hope, but the writing was on the wall... If you haven't already and still trying to hold out hope for something new, then don't. Make the switch already to Zen's Pinball FX3 and get the new Williams tables, even if you already had them on TPA because they are completely worth it and are the closest to playing a real table...

My Devices
    iPad, iPhone, XBox 360, PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    They had an interview with Bobby King on the BlahCade Podcast a few weeks ago. Here are some of the highlights.

- Farsight is still committed to TPA and will be releasing 5-6 tables (Stern, Gottlieb licenses) a year going forward.
    - As soon as they complete the LCD screen feature for TPA, they will be releasing all future Stern tables day-to-date as the physical versions. As per their parnership agreement with Stern.

https://medium.com/blahcade-pinball-...--------------
    I've been out of the loop for quite a while now, sooooooo.... where are these 5-6 Stern and Gottlieb tables per year?

What's going on with TPA and FarSight?

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is what's going on with Farsight, apart from the very occasional TPA sale:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...A_Pro_Bowling/

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
    I've been out of the loop for quite a while now, sooooooo.... where are these 5-6 Stern and Gottlieb tables per year?

That interview was done prior to FarSight knowing Zen had secured the Williams license. Zen getting it was like a knockout punch. I think it convinced FS to get out of the pinball arena and focus elsewhere. Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie came months later and were hardly their best effort. A FS employee commented in this forum that old Gottliebs weren’t gonna sell and the licensed Sterns all cost too much. We all questioned whether that 7 year old game engine could even handle a modern LCD display machine, and them saying it could was all bluster it seems. I’m convinced they don’t even have the license to recreate Stern anymore, and that their ability to sell those packs they did make will be coming to an end rather soon. Just a gut feeling, based on when contracts should expire.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'd like to combine these points a bit and add that, if they were so dead set on Premiers, they should have just found a way to pay for Stargate and Freddy. Unless the license holders were completely unwilling to strike a deal.
    Warner Bros. will put Freddy's face on ANYTHING. There's even a Freddy toaster and chopsticks. (Seriously.)

If FarSight made them an offer to do the Freddy table, they would FOR SURE listen.

I still think a Warner Bros. deal could have born decent fruit...

Freddy (Gottlieb)
    Batman (Data East)
    Batman Forever (Data East)
    Lethal Weapon 3 (Data East)
    Tales From The Crypt (Data East)
    Twister (Data East)
    Maverick (Data East)
    Space Jam (Data East)

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    FarSight had told me that they made contact with WB, but their price for any licensing was way above what the other studios asked.

My Devices
    IOS/ PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a lot of good memories. It was fun being a beta tester for them. There’s was a lot of good people involved and some like shutyertrap and Jarrod are totally passionate about pinball. Thanks

My Devices
    PS4, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post

I wouldn't count on any TPA releases anymore. Or bugfixes for that matter.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    FarSight had told me that they made contact with WB, but their price for any licensing was way above what the other studios asked.
    Interesting. At least they tried, I guess.

Shame they couldn't work out a deal for Congo while they had the agreement with Paramount for Addams Family. Of course, TAF was expensive enough to get on its own, I suppose. With Congo, you'd have to pay Paramount, the Crichton estate, actors featured, etc.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just unfortunate that older style tables don't sell well enough for them to bother. I know I'd buy them.

My Devices
    xbox360, xbox one, PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would too. There's quite a few good Gottlieb and Stern 70's and 80's tables to make a good number of packs/seasons.

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xZOMBIEx View Post
    so over a year later and still nothing from FarSight other than an advertisement for a crappy new mobile Pinball game that has nothing to do with actual Pinball tables and nothing to do with TPA...

It was obvious once Zen got the license from Williams and even more obvious and the final nail in FarSights coffin that they were done when Zen's versions was 100 times better and the closest to actual Pinball tables...

Plus, I already saw all the signs before their last season was even finished releasing completely because they had already started saying and doing the same things they did when they stopped supporting the last gen console versions. They started saying the same things about how the last table packs would be coming "soon" and how it was taking an extremely long time between releases and patch fixes...

I know some of you held out hope, but the writing was on the wall... If you haven't already and still trying to hold out hope for something new, then don't. Make the switch already to Zen's Pinball FX3 and get the new Williams tables, even if you already had them on TPA because they are completely worth it and are the closest to playing a real table...

Yeah i have been buying them again on Steam and on the XBox/W10, and the Xbox/W10 versions are great because of crossbuy, so you not only get a console version of the table but the PC W10 version, i love being able to fire up the game no matter if its the console or PC i am sitting at, and i still buy them on steam just becuase it's steam. lol
    Steam: The Omega Man
    XBox: The Omega M4n

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farsight pushed an update last night (1.71.27) which seems to have fixed the key binding issue. Unfortunately it has also introduced issues launching a number of tables in DX11 and immediately crashes to desktop (e.g. Ghostbusters, Cactus Canyon, Star Trek TNG, Ripley's).

I've uploaded the exe for 1.71.25 here if anyone needs it as a temporary workaround: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Eg...zLfNcJAXx1jJf-

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still hoping for a final sound fix for PS4......sigh. Black Hole was one of my favorite tables until they borked the background sound on it. Pipes-dreams are still a thing.

My Devices
    PS4, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayder View Post
    It's just unfortunate that older style tables don't sell well enough for them to bother. I know I'd buy them.
    8-Ball Deluxe (on the PC) was the most enjoyable table for me out of the entire Pinball Arcade collection. Gorgar was another of my favorites, but I buy everything as I am a digital pinball nut, so it really wouldn't matter.

While I prefer digital representations of real tables over the original, I don't seem to enjoy purely imagined video pinball tables as much, with the exception of the Pro Pinball series. The physics rendering is the most important thing to me. I hardly touch the non-Williams tables on Zen anymore, and I can't get myself to play Pinball Arcade after playing Zen Williams tables.

Pro Pinball's remake of Timeshock! and even the older Fantastic Voyage were great to me because of the physics implementation.

The idea of "rails" with Pinball Arcade was a bit of a put-off to me. Even if it is not technically possible or practical to make a realistic physics engine, when the illusion of realism is obviously broken, I lose interest. I get completely engrossed in a pinball game, but frequent and noticeably odd physics behavior can become too distracting and ruin my fun.

My Devices
    xbox360, xbox one, PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBeeching View Post
    Farsight pushed an update last night (1.71.27) which seems to have fixed the key binding issue. Unfortunately it has also introduced issues launching a number of tables in DX11 and immediately crashes to desktop (e.g. Ghostbusters, Cactus Canyon, Star Trek TNG, Ripley's).
    They've cranked out an update yesterday sometime (1.27.28) that fixes the new problems. This makes me hopeful that perhaps something may be brewing. They've been mum on everything, even popping in with a question during their last stream of PBA bowling. I wonder if they're under a non-disclosure gag order.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suspect that any fixes you see coming through now will only be to satisfy their commercial obligations with Toyshock.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    I suspect that any fixes you see coming through now will only be to satisfy their commercial obligations with Toyshock.
    So maybe that's why some dx11 PC versions are janked? You think their changes for the Toyshock processor is making some of the games crash on start?

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcadDude View Post
    So maybe that's why some dx11 PC versions are janked? You think their changes for the Toyshock processor is making some of the games crash on start?
    The Apr 14th patch was mainly to fix the keybinding configuration problem, but also broke a few DX11 tables. On Apr 16th the DX11 table problem was fixed. They are making a separate update to the Android (which is what Toyshock uses) platform.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whoever Farsight has left is now the custodian of DX11 now Mike Reitmeyer is working for someone else.

Let's hope they documented their code well...
    Last edited by jaredmorgs; 04-20-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    havnt played the steam version in several months but yeah whenever ive been playing latley with dx11it crashes allot. it didnt used to be like that. hope this fixes it

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Whoever Farsight has left is now the custodian of DX11 now Mike Reitmeyer is working for someone else.

Let's hope they documented their code well...
    That must be new? He hasn't updated his resume yet...

http://mikereitmeyer.com/professional.html

My Devices
    PS3, iPad 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can checkout Mike's LinkedIn profile instead: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-reitmeyer-4931831/

My Devices
    PC, Oculus Rift, Nintendo Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave950lam View Post
    They've cranked out an update yesterday sometime (1.27.28) that fixes the new problems. This makes me hopeful that perhaps something may be brewing. They've been mum on everything, even popping in with a question during their last stream of PBA bowling. I wonder if they're under a non-disclosure gag order.
    Yes I was pleasantly surprised, the binding issue took 9 months to fix so I feared the worst. I'd love to see something new from Farsight to keep things interesting, but unless there's a complete engine overhaul the Stern licence could be put to better use elsewhere.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast