Zen Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball Volume One

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
What mode were you playing MM on Zen in when making this comparison? Classic or Original?
Definitely compared to TPA, but it seems even a little heavy compared to real life... granted, it's been a while since I played MM. The ball just has a feel of it wants to drain.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Played Junkyard and that has more weight and feels more realistic than TPA, but the ball didn't seem to have the same desire to drain as MM.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Williams Pinball pack #1 for PS4 is on sale for $7 as part of this week's PSN holiday sale. I'm still not buying unless the censorship issues get resolved, but in case anyone was waiting for a discount it's currently 30% off.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I'm still finding my feet on the table and can see a good game coming on the horizon. In this game, I got to Outer Space and defeated Crazy Bob for the table achievement.

I can see from the scores that this was one of the first Williams tables released and it will require a lot more work from me to break into the top 10. Once (if!) I do, I'll upload the video and give a commentary on the approach I took. But... here's a little glimpse of my approach - all you need to do well on this table is pinpoint accuracy as the modes are straightforward.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Junk Yard (Classic Arcade)-Start right to defeat Bob and score big! (with commentary)

I just sneaked into the Classic Arcade top 10 with this game on Junk Yard. The strategy I used works great to set you up for defeating Crazy Bob and reaching a high score once you put a good game together.

Thank you to the Pinball FX3 Discord channel members for the great discussion that helped me plan the strategy. It really works well, the only things missing for a much bigger score is my lack of precision and my unwillingness to spam the Save the Girl video mode.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Medieval Madness: The King of all Kingdoms... sort of

I must admit, this table has been kicking my butt for the last couple of days. Anyway, there is hope especially as I could get the achievement.

Yet again, Zen Studios was way too kind with the achievement in that you don’t have to beat the wizard mode but only start it… you aren’t actually the King of all Kingdoms because you haven’t beaten the King of Payne yet ;). I was only a shot or two away from doing so but alas, that has to wait for another game. Hopefully, I can put a top 10 game together rather sooner than later... wish me luck!

This game was the first game where I kinda feel like I was more in control and if I can say so myself, my multiball play was topnotch. I’m still loosing too many balls that I should be able to save easily and my aim for the castle is horrible but I'll keep plugging away.

Fact of the matter is that this table is just brilliant. It keeps me engaged the whole time even though there is not a heck of a lot happening compared to many other tables. You also need to have reactions like a cat because the ball literally zips around and the ricochets are not kind.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Trolling the King of Payne! Williams Medieval Madness

In this tips and strategy guide video for Williams Medieval Madness on Classic Arcade in Pinball FX3, I show and explain how you can go about to reach and hopefully complete the Battle for Kingdom wizard mode. I also show a few differences that you need to consider between playing Classic Single Player and Arcade.

The differences between Classic Single Player and Classic Arcade is big on this table and require quite a big change in approach, the biggest of the Williams / Bally tables I have played so far. There is a key shot, the Castle lock, that is much easier to hit on Classic Single Player and because of that you have an easy multiball to access, that you can use to gain extra balls and to break down the castle doors in a safer manner.

I really enjoy this table, but I also find it relentless on any missed shots in Classic Arcade. You can go from hero to zero in literally a few minutes. I’ll definitely play it again in future and have my eye on a much bigger score, but for now I’ll give it a rest and see what else is out there!

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Nice work. I enjoyed the video and picked up a few good tips.

Thanks Joe! Glad you enjoyed it and found it of use. I'm still new at this video making thing so please let me know if there is anything I can improve on or that you would like to see differently that will make it more useful for the viewer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.