RESOLVED: FX3 Crashing or Choppy on Your Laptop?

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
with my surface book 2 the performance is realy bad. the option in the nvidia control panel doesnt improved the performance.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Turn Anti Aliasing OFF, set shadows to LOW and see if the audio improves. It seems to be tied the the GPU performance.

Once you have it playing right you can raise the settings until you find where it glitches out.

Thanks — Turning off anti aliasing did the trick. (Of course, the graphics look pathetic now.) In any event, I was finally able to experience the new physics on my cab, and I must say they are very nice! Zen still needs to fix the lighting on the portrait mode though — it just doesn’t look as spectacular as the landscape mode version. But this is not too shabby for a beta!

I’m still having a lot of fun with the Arcooda/TPA combo on my cab, but if the Zen versions of these tables continue to improve (and we get animated backglass support in cabinet mode), I’ll definitely be purchasing these tables again!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok. I can now add it to my "program settings"! Either something happened after the last update, or I totally missed that "add" button to the right.

I still need to turn off v-sync and have other functions turned off or low, but otherwise it runs fine. I love pinball again!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That’s great to hear!

From today’s patch notes:

“The integrated video card crash issue should be remedied”

Looks like we might be able to close the case on this one. I’ll leave it open for now, but it’s looking like Zen nipped it in the bud.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
yes the issue is resolved for me with latest update. Is there a dedicated cabinet mode for FX3?

There is, but you'll need to reach out to Zen by email to request a cabinet code. Once you send the email, you'll need to start searching the Internet for backglass files, because Zen doesn't provide backglass images.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Gonna go ahead and unsticky this thread, but I'll leave it open just in case any other related issues pop up.

Cheers to Zen for fixing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.