FX3 Williams Pinball - Which table's enhanced graphic effects are your favorite?

Which table's enhanced effects are your favorite?

• Total voters

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Fish Tales guy is simple, but fun, reacting to whatever is going on with the table. Particularly love the "Rock the Boat" animation. Medieval Madness is pretty, but the flying dragon sometimes messes with my peripheral ball tracking, the Calrissian Chronicles table was really bad with this with the Falcon/TIEs flying around.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Fish Tales guy is simple, but fun, reacting to whatever is going on with the table. Particularly love the "Rock the Boat" animation. Medieval Madness is pretty, but the flying dragon sometimes messes with my peripheral ball tracking, the Calrissian Chronicles table was really bad with this with the Falcon/TIEs flying around.

I agree about the flying dragon. That's probably the only effect on all 4 tables I don't like. Everything else the dragon does is neat, but as soon as multiball kicks in, I revert to normal graphics.

That being said I still went with MM overall in spite of that downside, I like the dragon when it isn't flying, the castle damage, the dizzying effect on the trolls, etc. Fish Tales is a close second for me with the angler and the water, then Getaway, then JY. Which seems to be pretty much in step with the poll so far. Getaway and especially JY seem lackluster compared to MM and FT.

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
Played only fishtales so far. But i am surprised at how well it is integrated. Only thing i dont like is the scores popping up. Is there a way to play with extra animations but without the scoring?

Fishtales looks fantastic on Switch.

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
Played only fishtales so far. But i am surprised at how well it is integrated. Only thing i dont like is the scores popping up. Is there a way to play with extra animations but without the scoring?

Fishtales looks fantastic on Switch.

yes, you can deactivate the popup points and popup messages in the settings.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For me, MM has the best integration of fantasy elements of the four. I personally love the dragon flying around, but at least for those that don't you can shut it off with the touch of a button.

JY is the missed opportunity of the bunch. I really wanted the Angel and Devil to have fully animated characters like the fisherman of FT. I also wanted the dog to be animated in the doghouse, fireworks to explode as you collect them, and the contraption that's being built to have a 3D model sitting on the apron that assembles as you get parts.

I think The Getaway is interesting only for the fact that the mountains and donut shop are actual mods I've seen on real tables. Would have been cool if the gauges actually came to life, but beyond that there's not much more they really could have done.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
JY is the missed opportunity of the bunch. I really wanted the Angel and Devil to have fully animated characters like the fisherman of FT. I also wanted the dog to be animated in the doghouse, fireworks to explode as you collect them, and the contraption that's being built to have a 3D model sitting on the apron that assembles as you get parts.

That seems like a missed opportunity in general for Zen. It's a great idea, but I can't think of many of their tables that use the figures to show progress (Epic Quest showing the loot you currently have on the 3D model and C-3P0 blowing up/being assembled on Droids are the only ones that come to mind). It would be neat, for example, when they get get around to doing Monster Bash the creatures could have their instruments as you get them.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m not much for this kind of thing. But I thinks it’s cool as an option for those that enjoy it.

I didn't think I would be either, but I'm actually really enjoying it. I especially like the little score popups when you hit a shot because they keep me from looking up at DMD to check my score, and it just adds a sense of instant gratification and reward that you don't otherwise get.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don’t mind the score popups. I just don’t love things dancing or flying around the table. A bit distracting to me.
Can you have the score popups without the characters or flying dragon?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don’t mind the score popups. I just don’t love things dancing or flying around the table. A bit distracting to me.

I don't think so, but that would be a cool option.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014

Extra animations can be turned on/off in game (B button on the Xbox Controller). Score Pop-up thresholds are separate and configured under options.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Extra animations can be turned on/off in game (B button on the Xbox Controller). Score Pop-up thresholds are separate and configured under options.

I’m not talking about the high score pop ups, but the little score pop ups on the table itself any time you score. I’m pretty sure those are tied directly to the extra animations, or no?

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
So I almost love the extra animations. Well I do on all tables but yeah I'm of the "dragon sit the F down please". I love most of the dragon animations but he really does fly over the playfield and at times obscures the damn ball. Keep it in the periphery and I've zero complaints, but not over the damn playfield!!! jeez! Everything else animation wise? I love it (well, I could probably do without the close up of the reel ball lock in fish tales too)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I’m not talking about the high score pop ups, but the little score pop ups on the table itself any time you score. I’m pretty sure those are tied directly to the extra animations, or no?

I don't think so, there's a score pop up entry that you can turn off, I think in the UI menu?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.