Nope, releases today...
    OK, good to know.

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really love mechanical sounds of the machines that they added. Don't recall hearing the pop bumpers or slings going off before. Might be a bit too loud unless this is supposed to be with the glass off. But it definitely adds another layer or immersion when playing.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only got to play for a little bit last night, Sound and visuals are amazing. Running desktop mode in 2560x1440 is stunning. I gotta get a 4k in the cab now.

Other than that, I feel like this pack should be titled Williams volume 2: SDTM edition. Brutal!

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawley View Post
    Really love mechanical sounds of the machines that they added. Don't recall hearing the pop bumpers or slings going off before. Might be a bit too loud unless this is supposed to be with the glass off. But it definitely adds another layer or immersion when playing.
    You can actually adjust the volume of the mechanical sounds to your liking in the options menu.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those 5 minute and survival challenges work by undoing the drain and warping the ball back to the plunger and auto firing it.

this results in draining from mulitball giving you a 2x score mulitplier for the rest of the challenge in party zone. for all three challenges.

This cannot be fixed ever.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod77 View Post
    Those 5 minute and survival challenges work by undoing the drain and warping the ball back to the plunger and auto firing it.

this results in draining from mulitball giving you a 2x score mulitplier for the rest of the challenge in party zone. for all three challenges.

This cannot be fixed ever.
    That would almost make tournaments in those kinds of modes with PZ kind of random. You can get multiball very quickly from the first Comic award, otherwise it will take you a while to get multiball going.

Does the tilt warning bug still work to stop the timer for 10x scoring? I imagine it ought to since it's a ROM bug not an emulation bug.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC (Steam) Samsung s9 (android) PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanija View Post
    Yeah, this was pretty funny. At some point I received over 2 million pts. for each bumper hit. And I didn't even have Score boost wizard skill active.
    2nd time you complete the "way out of control" targets you light 1M per bop award (which you activate by shooting the inside loop by those targets). If you've played a multiball you also have 2x playfield lit already which makes it 2M/bumper hit.
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch digital pin: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV
    Twitch real pin: www.twitch.tv/umepinball

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    That would almost make tournaments in those kinds of modes with PZ kind of random. You can get multiball very quickly from the first Comic award, otherwise it will take you a while to get multiball going.

Does the tilt warning bug still work to stop the timer for 10x scoring? I imagine it ought to since it's a ROM bug not an emulation bug.
    Keep in mind, since the Challenges are in tournament settings, it's not possible to get a Surprise Multiball out of the Comic right away.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played the new AFM on my cab in Arcade Mode this morning and I liked it even better than the (already hard) Zen mode.
    I really, truly, felt like I was playing the real table in this mode (and I was grinning from ear-to-ear the whole time)! I turned on the “Remastered” mode with the Arcade Physics and now can’t really decide which mode I like best! It’s a real “kick” to hear “Missiles Locked on Target” and then see the missiles actually rotate into position! And they now launch everytime you hit a “Jackpot” while in multiball mode.

THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE AFM DIGITAL RECREATION!!!
    ———————————————————————————————-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: “Spirit of ‘76” (Gottlieb) — “Simpsons” (Data East) — “Big Bang Bar” (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: “Revenge From Mars”, “Indiana Jones”, “Funhouse”

My Devices
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the missile launches are pretty sweet.

My Devices
    PC, PS3 (Kaput becasue of YLOD)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man BR and AFM have been brutal for me today. Almost got to attack Mars but just shy. Really wanted that trophy. scored a sensible. 9,034b 7th on the leaderboard as of an hour or so ago. (Sgt_Tenor)

My strategy has been trying to open the UFO gates and then use Total annihilation or Missle multiball and perhaps Martian Multiball to shoot at the target so it doesn't drain STDM. It seems to work pretty well. Granted the Missle multiball lock lane has been tough to get. I've been backhanding it from the left flipper that seems to work ok but that's only when lock is lit. It's a harder shot from the right flipper. This table was fairly easy on TPA and this to me, is by far the best iteration of AFM.
    Last edited by Pinballfan69; 12-05-2018 at 12:36 PM.

My Devices
    iPhone 5s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    What, nobody comments about the ability to turn on and off 'family mode'?

For those wondering how to, just go into options, select the interface tab, scroll down. There you can also turn on and off the 'action cam', the match DMD screen, and more.

And for those wondering, yes Fish Tales is even fully restored.
    I do I'm just going to buy both Williams packs!

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, KindleHD
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Option is missing on PS4

My Devices
    PC, Switch, Xbox 360, Ouya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the family mode option is only on Steam.
    Steam Username: infernogott

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, XBone, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the mechanical noises are too loud on the new tables?

AFM - Bumpers, Slings, Saucer, Multiball "gate", Martians. They are substantially louder than other mechanical noises like the flippers and plunger.
    Black Rose - Bumpers, some metallic collision noises and mechanics. They are substantially louder than other mechanical noises like the flippers and plunger and in this case including the slings. Plus, I think they are playing sounds from the "enhanced" mode in normal mode? A lot noises from the pirate woman, including what sounds lika a coin toss.
    Last edited by warh0g; 12-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    T2 backer - $400+ tier
    Main: NZXT H2 | Seasonic X-760 Gold | ASUS Maximus V Gene | i7 3770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury PC1866MHz DDR3 | ASUS GTX1070 8GB Strix | Windows 10 Pro 64
    PS4 Pro, Xbox One, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2

My Devices
    PS3, iPad 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about Black Rose, is it still impossible to escape from the shark in the video mode?

My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchYeti View Post
    Talking about Black Rose, is it still impossible to escape from the shark in the video mode?
    I've only won once and my fingers were smashing the buttons as fast as they could... I don't even bother trying to out swim the shark anymore because it's so hard.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchYeti View Post
    I can't do it holding a controller normally. I have to wedge it in my lap hands free so that the buttons are facing up, and then mash like it's an arcade console. So no, not impossible, just awkward.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have yet to see an actual AFM machine out there in the wild to see how it plays in real life. But 9 out of 10 center shots being assured STDM drains? Really? Really? I mean, it's not like the whole center section isn't the most essential target of the table or something. Okay, I suppose that's "brutal". But "fun"? In real life I would have stopped dropping coins into this one after a few tries or so and then moved on to something else, something that doesn't make me feel as if I'm being ripped off.

At least none of the other tables in this pack feel as downright broken as The Getaway did in the last one, but "Black Rose" comes close. There's just no real power behind the flippers, let alone behind the plunger. Every shot feels "flat" and "lifeless". It's almost as if you're playing a table that needs a little check and restoration.

But... you know... this is kinda a running theme for these Zen tables, the way I see it. The matchup mode this week showcases "Bob's Burgers" and "Rome", from one of the few packs I actually own, so naturally I looked into these a little bit more these past few days. And I have the same problem with them as I have with pretty much all of the other Zen tables. They play strangely limp. The flippers barely have any power, the ball physics are all over the shop and seem to randomly switch from "ping-pong" to "heavy metal" to "badminton" and God knows what else with every single shot. According to Steam I have sunk about 50+ hours into various incarnations of Zen pinball games, and still I find it impossible to wrap my mind around what the heck is going on with those ball physics, and I still find it seriously hard to pull off an aimed shot. The ball nearly always ends up somewhere else than I intended it to go to.

This will most likely be my last Zen pack purchase. It really has to end somewhere, so it just might as well be here.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warh0g View Post
    I feel the mechanical noises are too loud on the new tables?

AFM - Bumpers, Slings, Saucer, Multiball "gate", Martians. They are substantially louder than other mechanical noises like the flippers and plunger.
    Black Rose - Bumpers, some metallic collision noises and mechanics. They are substantially louder than other mechanical noises like the flippers and plunger and in this case including the slings. Plus, I think they are playing sounds from the "enhanced" mode in normal mode? A lot noises from the pirate woman, including what sounds lika a coin toss.
    It's not that the mech sounds are too loud, the problem is the table music is too low on every Williams table except PZ.

Try playing AFM then going to an an original Zen table. Women of Power Champions is a good example of how much louder the other tables music is compared to the Williams tables.

Even the UI music is louder than the Williams tables music!

Zen, can you please fix this and make the Williams tables music volume more consistent with everything else.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    Okay, I have yet to see an actual AFM machine out there in the wild to see how it plays in real life. But 9 out of 10 center shots being assured STDM drains? Really? Really? I mean, it's not like the whole center section isn't the most essential target of the table or something. Okay, I suppose that's "brutal". But "fun"? In real life I would have stopped dropping coins into this one after a few tries or so and then moved on to something else, something that doesn't make me feel as if I'm being ripped off.

At least none of the other tables in this pack feel as downright broken as The Getaway did in the last one, but "Black Rose" comes close. There's just no real power behind the flippers, let alone behind the plunger. Every shot feels "flat" and "lifeless". It's almost as if you're playing a table that needs a little check and restoration.

But... you know... this is kinda a running theme for these Zen tables, the way I see it. The matchup mode this week showcases "Bob's Burgers" and "Rome", from one of the few packs I actually own, so naturally I looked into these a little bit more these past few days. And I have the same problem with them as I have with pretty much all of the other Zen tables. They play strangely limp. The flippers barely have any power, the ball physics are all over the shop and seem to randomly switch from "ping-pong" to "heavy metal" to "badminton" and God knows what else with every single shot. According to Steam I have sunk about 50+ hours into various incarnations of Zen pinball games, and still I find it impossible to wrap my mind around what the heck is going on with those ball physics, and I still find it seriously hard to pull off an aimed shot. The ball nearly always ends up somewhere else than I intended it to go to.

This will most likely be my last Zen pack purchase. It really has to end somewhere, so it just might as well be here.
    AFM is regarded as one of the best machines of all time, so they must’ve done something right with the design, but yes, the middle shots are notoriously dangerous. 9 out of 10 STDM is an exaggeration, but the laws of physics tell us that the ball is going to ricochet somewhere in that vicinity if you’re aiming directly up the middle at a flat target. If you’re just shooting the ball straight up all the time then you’re doing it wrong. The super skillshot and multiball are your friends. Use the ball saver to your advantage.

It sounds like maybe you just need to play more and learn the machine a little better before you give up (maybe you’re too accustomed to the TPA version, but FX3 is much closer to the real deal). Anyways, judging by the last paragraph, it sounds like you’ve already made up your mind, so this was probably a waste of time.
    Last edited by Jeff Strong; 12-09-2018 at 05:46 PM.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, XBone, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    It's not that the mech sounds are too loud, the problem is the table music is too low on every Williams table except PZ.

Try playing AFM then going to an an original Zen table. Women of Power Champions is a good example of how much louder the other tables music is compared to the Williams tables.

Even the UI music is louder than the Williams tables music!

Zen, can you please fix this and make the Williams tables music volume more consistent with everything else.
    But the individual mechanical sounds on the same table also differ in intensity. I don't mind the loud mechanical noise as long as it is the same level for all mechanical noises, then it is easy to adjust the volume accordingly.
    The flippers on AFM should be much louder compared to the volume level of the pop bumbers and slings for instance?

Either way, Zen needs to have a little look see I believe.
    T2 backer - $400+ tier
    Main: NZXT H2 | Seasonic X-760 Gold | ASUS Maximus V Gene | i7 3770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury PC1866MHz DDR3 | ASUS GTX1070 8GB Strix | Windows 10 Pro 64
    PS4 Pro, Xbox One, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2

My Devices
    PC, PS3 (Kaput becasue of YLOD)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    AFM is regarded as one of the best machines of all time, so they must’ve done something right with the design, but yes, the middle shots are notoriously dangerous. 9 out of 10 STDM is an exaggeration, but the laws of physics tell us that the ball is going to ricochet somewhere in that vicinity if you’re aiming directly up the middle at a flat target. If you’re just shooting the ball straight up all the time then you’re doing it wrong. The super skillshot and multiball are your friends. Use the ball saver to your advantage.

It sounds like maybe you just need to play more and learn the machine a little better before you give up (maybe you’re too accustomed to the TPA version, but FX3 is much closer to the real deal). Anyways, judging by the last paragraph, it sounds like you’ve already made up your mind, so this was probably a waste of time.
    Well said. Even in MM, (who is designed by the same people I think), where you shoot at the gate when the drawbridge is down is dangerous to shoot at where it could go STDM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warh0g View Post
    Either way, Zen needs to have a little look see I believe.
    Agreed. Williams audio levels certainly need tweaking.

My Devices
    iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s (all running iOS 9.3.5), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Agreed. Williams audio levels certainly need tweaking.
    Agreed here as well. I believe I'm a minority here since I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (13" Late 2011) and the only offering on the Mac side is Zen Pinball 2. Regardless, the audio levels are all over the place on Volume 2...Volume 1 is much better.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast